2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanou

Jul 18, 2019
Scotland
What you will find is that a few shops have a bit of a monopoly on Levo sales, mainly because of this forum, and it always surprise me when people cant find one in stock when there are quite a few LBS's with them sitting on the shop floor.
It is still a bit early for levo sales, but I found my expert at 15% off a few days ago. At the moment, only small company have good deal to get rid off the last one. Big are selling at retails price and they have stocks !

Phanou

Jul 18, 2019
Scotland
I had a spec enduro Comp great bike but I ended up spending so much money upgrading stuff. It was fun but now I rather go with the Decoy with latest and greatest as when you spend 5k you should not have regrets
The main feature of a levo is that it use Brose which is not proprietary, so bike manufacturer can make the battery themselves and also I like the access to the software with app which allows personal changes. if you don't mind about this this, you had better to buy any other bike with better value for money.

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
Even Rob, got carbom comp ended up changing basically everything but the frame...££££££?
Screenshot_20190721-005957.jpg

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
I recently sold my Kenevo 2019 ... too heavy ... I came from santacruz nomad 4 and honestly after 8 months and 2500 km I got bored ... now I'm undecided whether to wait for the new Kenevo (if it arrives), or take the lever, knowing you have to change the fork immediately

Reactions: Log

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I’ll be buying the new Kenevo, I’m sure it’s going to be a decent upgrade from an already great bike.
I love my Kenevo, the weight doesn’t bother me at all for the riding I do.
Now that I’ve upgraded it, it’s been bullet proof!

Paolone

Jul 20, 2019
Italia
the problem is that no one knows when the new model will be released, and in my opinion for another year it will remain the same as now

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
the problem is that no one knows when the new model will be released, and in my opinion for another year it will remain the same as now
Ciao Paolo, just spoke with a specialized dealer here in Lecco. They are discounting the 19 Levo up to.23% as they said they are going to the presentation of the new one beginning of september.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

2020 levo is likely to be the same frame design as 2019, with component/colour and maybe motor updates.

2020 kenevo is likely to be a new frame design, so a completely new bike compared to the 2018/2019 kenevo

Based on previous announcements, I'd expect the new kenevo to be announced by September

Log

Jul 22, 2019
Germany
Just bought a discounted Kenevo 2019 for 4500€. Retail price is 6200€. Dont know what could be better. Drive S Mag has lots of problems and a new frame wont mean its better its just an other design.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Just bought a discounted Kenevo 2019 for 4500€. Retail price is 6200€. Dont know what could be better. Drive S Mag has lots of problems and a new frame wont mean its better its just an other design.

Less weight? More aggressive geometry?

Log

Jul 22, 2019
Germany
Drive S mag has lots of problems in the german forum you can read about a very loud sound, broken belts, heat problems and people getting their 3rd replacement motor. Less weight only if they change the motor and keep the 500 Wh, i like the sturdy design of the current Kenevo and the weight feels good on the trail. Oh and no tuning via BLEVO if the incorporate the new motor and battery.

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
Australian dealers are now starting to offer decent discounts on 19 Levo's. Got offered a comp with 700w battery for $7k, or with stock 500w battery for $6.3k (normally $7k)

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Less weight only if they change the motor and keep the 500 Wh, i like the sturdy design of the current Kenevo and the weight feels good on the trail. Oh and no tuning via BLEVO if the incorporate the new motor and battery.

How about compatibility with the levo 700w battery?

I like the kenevo on technical trails, it feels heavy on fast flow.

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Australian dealers are now starting to offer decent discounts on 19 Levo's. Got offered a comp with 700w battery for $7k, or with stock 500w battery for $6.3k (normally $7k)

That's an even better deal than you think - the Comp is normally $8.2k !

Brendog78

Jun 12, 2019
Australia
No regrets with my recent Kenevo purchase, with a big discount ?

Maybe if the new one is better by a long way I might consider a upgrade once they go on sale this time next year.

Until then I will just keep riding this beast ?

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Yes, thats what we already know. The 2020 LEVO hardtails will all be same like the 2018 model, only new colors. The 2020 LEVO fullys will all be same like the 2019 model with a few small upgrades here and there. No Comp Carbon anymore.

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
So ..... what’s the general opinion on why they have dropped the 19 Comp Carbon ? , it’s the bike I got and I’m still happy I did .
Any upgrades I continue to do as parts wear out I still like the carbon frame as my base .

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
So ..... what’s the general opinion on why they have dropped the 19 Comp Carbon ? , it’s the bike I got and I’m still happy I did .
Any upgrades I continue to do as parts wear out I still like the carbon frame as my base .

My uneducated guess is that it's because of price points. I'm thinking they'll put the 700wh battery in the comp and raise the price. They'd then have to put the same battery in the CC and raise the price of that which would take it up near Expert prices - cannibalising sales from that line. It makes more sense to keep the alloy frame with it's higher payload and then the expert for those that want the carbon frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles