2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch1808

Jun 30, 2019
italy
I'm still looking for an ebike. I'm fed up going up hill with my electric mates, and being dead when we go downhill... clearly, it's not fun anymore.

I still don't know what to choose. So many of you are happy with the Levo, even with the poor components on it: full Specialized component (stem, handgrip, hub, wheel, vaseline), but high price. However, I'm still attracted by this bike, because of his good reputation. And of course, because I have a local dealer near me. Even if I'm not buying a bike to be broken in 3 months... and I do all the routine and fixes on it all by myself.

I'm still hesitating with the YT Decoy, which is top notch regarding the components: Renthal cockpit, Di2, carbon, etc... Don't know what to do at the moment.

one of my mate is looking to buy the homeless-man-version at 4500 euros. If 'im buying a comp carbon too, do you think I can have a great deal on it? Should I wait for the new model?

I'm lost, like a French in front of a Marmite bowl.
I had a spec enduro Comp great bike but I ended up spending so much money upgrading stuff. It was fun but now I rather go with the Decoy with latest and greatest as when you spend 5k you should not have regrets

Reactions: 06z

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm still looking for an ebike. I'm fed up going up hill with my electric mates, and being dead when we go downhill... clearly, it's not fun anymore.

Can't you get a tow ? Like ancient Chinese proverb say "Man with two mates with Vttae and a 6m strap does not need e-bike himself !"

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.

I still don't know what to choose. .....

I'm still hesitating with the YT Decoy, which is top notch regarding the components: Renthal cockpit, Di2, carbon, etc... Don't know what to do at the moment.

.... I'm lost, like a French in front of a Marmite bowl.

I am in the same position. The Levo looks sweet but I really struggle to square the VFM (value for money).

Here in UK standard discount seems to be 15%. 15% off a lot is still a lot, and the dealer page I am looking at cherry-picks the bike. So maybe they advertise the lower price, but it is only for a large frame for example. The remaining stock of 2018 is still 15% off, so why would 2019 reduce further? (Though perhaps a conversation with a dealer can have a better result).

I am looking through the other brands on this forum. Focus Jam2 is available in 29 for instance. Looks good. Commencal also do 29.

ps the funniest face I ever saw was my French friend tasting Marmite the first time.

Inkglorious

Aug 27, 2018
Germany

I still don't know what to choose. So many of you are happy with the Levo, even with the poor components on it: full Specialized component (stem, handgrip, hub, wheel, vaseline), but high price. However, I'm still attracted by this bike, because of his good reputation. And of course, because I have a local dealer near me. Even if I'm not buying a bike to be broken in 3 months... and I do all the routine and fixes on it all by myself.

one of my mate is looking to buy the homeless-man-version at 4500 euros. If 'im buying a comp carbon too, do you think I can have a great deal on it? Should I wait for the new model?

I'm lost, like a French in front of a Marmite bowl.[/QUOTE

I'm lost, like a French in front of a Marmite bowl.

The Decoy is a nice bike with good components. But if you have any problems und with the bike you have no dealer close! And the shimano steps engine is for me not compareable with the brose engine of the Levo! If you Are ok with the comp components, wait till they sell the comp with an 700wh battery! A carbon frame is not a must have on an E MTB

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
I am in the same position. The Levo looks sweet but I really struggle to square the VFM (value for money).

Here in UK standard discount seems to be 15%. 15% off a lot is still a lot, and the dealer page I am looking at cherry-picks the bike. So maybe they advertise the lower price, but it is only for a large frame for example. The remaining stock of 2018 is still 15% off, so why would 2019 reduce further? (Though perhaps a conversation with a dealer can have a better result).

I am looking through the other brands on this forum. Focus Jam2 is available in 29 for instance. Looks good. Commencal also do 29.

ps the funniest face I ever saw was my French friend tasting Marmite the first time.

Commencal is not future proof, they said the frame won't accept the bigger Shimano battery to be released. What a shame. Nice bike by the way.

I'm okay with you with the VFM factor. The components on Levo are not so great, like a 2016 bike. That's why I'm hesitating. But the Levo is a good bike, Swiss knife tool for riding, when the Decoy is too gravity orientated.

My dealer is really a nice guy, but his shop is soooooooooo small, like 2 MTB, 4 road bikes and that's all. Too small to do some good discount on what he have in stock.

I eat Marmite once in London and I'm still puking when I imagine I'm eating this shi* again. ;)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There are also so many good bikes out there for sub 5k now adays, there will always be expensive bike, powered or not, and TBH spending a lot of money doesn't necessarily get you a better bike.

The performance level of components is so high now, and bearing in mind that the likes of a fox Factory or Rockshox U

Finch Cycles in Reigate has a Carbon Comp and a Comp in large that have been on the shop floor for months and they are willing to do a big discount on either to shift them - I posted a thread up about it so they may have sold.

IMG_5254.jpeg

Phanou

Jul 18, 2019
Scotland
There are also so many good bikes out there for sub 5k now adays, there will always be expensive bike, powered or not, and TBH spending a lot of money doesn't necessarily get you a better bike.

The performance level of components is so high now, and bearing in mind that the likes of a fox Factory or Rockshox U

Finch Cycles in Reigate has a Carbon Comp and a Comp in large that have been on the shop floor for months and they are willing to do a big discount on either to shift them - I posted a thread up about it so they may have sold.

View attachment 16152
Comp carbon are the worse value for money in the levo range especially with a 700wh battery, so they tend to be discounted more than the other.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
What you will find is that a few shops have a bit of a monopoly on Levo sales, mainly because of this forum, and it always surprise me when people cant find one in stock when there are quite a few LBS's with them sitting on the shop floor.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Generally, it seems that when people claim they can't find one in stock, what they actually mean is they can't find a discounted bike in stock.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
At first glance I thought it might be closest to what I want. Boxer at 180, 220 rotor. 160 rear is ok but bit of a head scratcher. 170 or 180 seems a better fit. Then I look at the geo and they dropped the ball. 66 degree ha and 460 bb height is strange for this type of bike. Same for exo tires and a 125 dropper on a medium. Reasonable price but still like a meta sx with that boxxer

Reefer

Jul 19, 2019
Austria
I hope they have nice colours for 2020, liked the 2019 ones, but when I wanted to purchase, my size (XL) was sold out in my state... :-(

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The most interesting thing about the Moterra SE is I think it show the direction we may be seeing more gravity orientated models such as the Kenevo go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles