Chile
Screenshot_20190821_143810.jpg
Screenshot_20190821_144132_com.instagram.android.jpg
Screenshot_20190821_144134_com.instagram.android.jpg

Wuttkea

Aug 17, 2019
Mannheim
Another two questions to the experts:
So far, I haven't seen actual specs on the base model (except from that Russian site) in this thread or anywhere else. Do you have any idea where to find it?

Regarding the battery: do you think it will be possible to replace the 500 battery in the base model with the 700 battery at some point in time or do they have different measures?

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I assume that the list price is £400 more, but then you would only get the 15% discount on the 2019. Am i assuming correctly?

Thank you :)

I wouldn’t overly rely on a lot of discounted 2019 models being available. Until May/June there were low supply issues in many places in the UK.

Inkglorious

Aug 27, 2018
Germany
Just called my dealer in Germany. 2020 S Works in december and my end of August expected Levo Expert has also a delay.. 4th October... im so disappointed...

shawry

Aug 13, 2019
Catterick Camp
Bikescene in Guisborough have stock with decent discounts.
The thing for me is I need the finance to get it, and I'll only get on 0% which is limited to certain retailers, certainly ones who will allow 4 years. example being Wheelbase who have discounted the levo comp by £1000, but it then loses its 0% making it more expensive to buy. I'll wait for the new ones now I think :)

Melanie

Aug 19, 2019
UK
I wouldn’t overly rely on a lot of discounted 2019 models being available. Until May/June there were low supply issues in many places in the UK.
I've got a 2019 ladies comp that I am supposed to be pulling the trigger on, but I'm having a dilemma on whether I should actually wait for the 2020 comp (main reason being the 700 battery), or even go down to the basic 2019 model and only pay £3,400.

I haven't had a mountain bike for a long time so could someone please comment on the longevity of the spec on the base model please. Is it cheap and nasty?

Thanks in advance

Moots YBB

Dec 18, 2018
Brussels
Hey all, I’m new here and new to ebikes. I’m looking at getting a Specialized but hoped for some opinions. My local shop currently has the Levo Comp Carbon on sale for $5900, the Levo expert for $7k and the Kenevo Expert for $5600 (all 2019s). I’m torn on which to get, largely because I’m getting back into mountain biking after a 15 yr distraction into dirt bikes and adventure bikes. I’m 6’3” and 225#. My skill, and fitness, level is weak now, but I’m very comfortable on two wheels on dirt.

Here’s where I’m hoping to get opinions. 1. Are these “go for it now” prices, especially on Levo considering popularity? 2. Is the Levo Expert worth the extra cost considering I’m nowhere near an “expert”. I know the larger battery is definitely an upside. 3. For someone who will just get on and ride the regular/basic trails in the Colorado foothills (I guess a lot aren’t “basic”), but sometimes go big on exploring deep into the mountains, is the Levo a better fit over Kenevo? I’ve read some reviews that say the Kenevo is impressive and fun, even for people not focused on bombing downhill.

Thanks for the insight. Thought this would be a good thread to post in as you all have some experience. Flame me if I’m wrong and should move this post
avoid the kenovo at all cost it is NOT a 2019, those don't exist, it's an updated 2018, old frame, old motor, old everything, the kenovo is likely to be replaced in a couple of weeks. get a Levo now, or wait.

LordExplorer

Aug 20, 2019
Denver
avoid the kenovo at all cost it is NOT a 2019, those don't exist, it's an updated 2018, old frame, old motor, old everything, the kenovo is likely to be replaced in a couple of weeks. get a Levo now, or wait.
I decided I'll wait to see what the new one is like. I'm also considering the new YT Decoy or Commencal Meta 29, so I'd like to compare new vs new.

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
I don't agree.

I have a 2018 Kenevo and it is better everywhere compared to my friends 2019 Levo with the 700 watt battery, including range since I carry an extra 500 watt battery in my backpack. I always tease him that he is stuck with only 700 watts while I'm rocking 1000 watts. Even with the extra battery, I paid less. The 2019 Levo batteries are so huge, you can't fit a spare in a backpack. I also have the 20 amp software upgrade so my bike feels just as powerful as his, only mines quieter. And I smoke him on the jeep roads since my bike has the speed limit removed. Ha ha, winning!

ChrisH

Aug 5, 2019
Denmark
I'm curious, why is there a Lyrik fork on a carbon frame?
That doesn't match up with any of the spec sheets I have seen.
Demo bikes maybe?

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
I’m extremely close to pulling the trigger on a ‘19 comp. Would that be a big mistake?

Personally I think the 2020 will be a nice upgrade to the 700w battery, plus the fork will be nicer plus some other bits should also improve. The issue will be how much savings on the 19 vs. the benefit of the 2020 fixes and such. I just ordered a 20 Levo FSR Comp in black. When I did the math it just made sense to step up to the 2020, plus eventual resale?

Wake720

Jul 19, 2019
Vernon BC
Seems the early info on the dealer portal was posted in error and then removed. Specs probably won't change, but the feeling I got today was no 2020 inventory until mid-late September. Can't wait that long, so I ordered the 2019 S-Works at a nice discount. Hope to have it on Wednesday.

Wednesday can’t come quick enough! How much of a discount did you get?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Will see

We will know for certain when the actual line up gets announced. I’m going with that bike being a 2020 Comp Carbon.
There isn’t a 2020 Comp Carbon in the 2020 lineup, it wasn’t on my Specialized dealer portal when they posted the 2020 models early by mistake.

The 2020 comp carbon was one of my best selling models and this leaves a gap between the 2020 comp and the 2020 Expert models.

So what could possibly go there? My hunch tells me that there is going to be a Levo “Evo”
that will eventually be introduced later down the line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles