Article 2020 Rossignol E-Track Trail review

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
This article is a transcript of the EMTB Videos review. The video can be found further down in the article.

Trye, a Norwegian company that offers emtbs for hire, invited us to do a first ride review of Rossignol ebikes. There are two bikes in the lineup. The Rossignol E-Track Trail is the top of the line model with 27.5 Plus wheels, 150mm travel up front and 140 mill at the back.

2020RossignolEtrackTrail1_05-1024x683.jpg

Frame design

E-Track Trail has got a 500 Watthours battery that is integrated in the downtube. And the downtube is quite chunky. That’s because Rossignol is using the old BT8020 battery that is bigger than the current crop of integrated batteries. Along with the 2.8” wide Plus tyres, it looks a bit dated, and that’s okay. In Norway this is among the cheapest proper trailworthy...

Continue reading...

cegli

Oct 30, 2019
North America
It's worth noting that my experience with their warranty support has been terrible so far. I bought a Felt Redemption 50, which has the same frame, and the same warranty support provided by Rossignol.

They spec'd it with calipers that were incompatible with the rotors (wide track calipers, narrow track rotors), which was causing some pretty heinous braking issues. I called them up and explained the issue, sent them Shimano documentation, explained what calipers and rotors would be compatible, etc. Spent hours of my time figuring it all out to help them fix their manufacturing mistake.

After I alerted them to the issue, they changed the spec of the bike mid production run, because it was a pretty bad error.

It took them a long time to get this sorted, so I ended up replacing the calipers myself with MT520s. After everything was done, I asked if they could reimburse my caliper cost (got them cheap too), and they told me to get lost.

Pretty weak response from Rossignol. They should have recalled all of the early 2020 models to change the calipers out. I helped them find and fix a serious problem with their bike, and they won't even reimburse part cost to fix their error. And now there's a mis-spec'd version and a good version of the 2020 Felt Redemption 50 out there.

----

Regarding the dropper post insertion, this problem persists on the Large frame. It's a problem with their frame manufacturing. There is weld intrusion on the inside of the seat post tube, and they didn't ream it out like most manufacturers. You could easily get a 180mm OneUp post slammed in there if they took the time to ream it out. They told me this weld intrusion is "expected".

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles