2020 - Meta Power

Dezmond 22

Jan 7, 2020
Australia
Hi everybody. I want to get a Commencal e-bike (my first e-bike). My local store has both 2020 models: Meta Power 29 Team and Meta Power SX and I don't want to wait for 2021 models.
I'm really having trouble to decide. I'm 6.07ft tall and weight 165lbs.
I usually ride, trails, enduro trails and bike parks (I live surrounded by mountains) so I'm looking for the best all-rounder. Mountains here are anti-grip type. A bike that will be good for pedalling, but above all, a bike to enjoy descents with good control. Which of both models you suggest as an all-rounder (more versatile)?
My concerns:
Meta Power 29 Team: Does it have good maneuverability on descents (considering e-bike weight and 29 wheels)?, is it easy to handle?, do you enjoy it on bike parks?, is it agile?
Meta Power SX: Is it comfortable uphill and for pedalling?, is it agile when descending flowy trails?, is it just for big hitter trails?, is it versatile?

Has anybody tried both of them?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm really anxious to get my new e-bike!
Which ever bike you go for .....you will adapt , only takes a couple of rides to bed in and get used to what ever you ride be it 29 or 27.5
For me when I get back on my 29r it just feels huge , but the thing that swung me to my SX was the rear shock being a coil .
The travel is sublime with no ramp up like air shock feels and the grip peddling up is better but what I enjoy most is the amount of pop a spring shock gives you off a jump they seem to levitate and climb into the air like no air shock can do.
27.5 quick steering 29 rolls over everything but the fork on the SX is amazing I never seems to get hung up on any straight edge bumps
so for me SX for the win.

Samwallace86

Jan 23, 2020
Scotland
Not what any of us wanted us to hear...

"Hi Sam,

Thank’s for reaching us,

Unfortunately the new 630 Wh battery is not compatible with our integrated e-bikes. The battery is longer and so doesn’t fit in the down tube.

Stay tuned for the new model coming up, equipped with the new battery

Have a nice day

Best regards

ROMAIN
CUSTOMER SERVICE"

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
Not what any of us wanted us to hear...

"Hi Sam,

Thank’s for reaching us,

Unfortunately the new 630 Wh battery is not compatible with our integrated e-bikes. The battery is longer and so doesn’t fit in the down tube.

Stay tuned for the new model coming up, equipped with the new battery

Have a nice day

Best regards

ROMAIN
CUSTOMER SERVICE"
Shitty thing, but I guess that we’ll just have to accept that evolution of ebikes happens so fast these year, that backwards compatibility isn’t an option. Perhaps we’ll have to hope for some aftermarket suppliers take up this niche to make a battery with more juice that will fit the hole.

renedis

Jul 17, 2019
The Hague
i"ve took the time to measure the charging times of my Meta Power 29" Team.

from empty (6% battery) to 80%:
5 hours and 2 minutes

Remaining time to 100%:
1 hour and 1 minute

Total charge time to 100%:
6 hours and 3 minutes.

Charging curve begins at +- 65W and keeps ging up to +- 85W till 80% is reached. After that it drops to 26W of charging till it's full.

Curve:
8035-charge-curve.png

I do not have a fastcharger. I've heard that the fastcharger charges in 4 hours.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles