2020 Meta Power SX w/Boxxer Fork

JD13

Jun 11, 2020
Vacaville
My 2020 Commencal Meta Power Sx with a Boxxer 200mm Fork DC, SRAM AXS, Nukeproof V2 HZN Wheels, Oneup Cockpit, Magura Mt7 brakes with floating MDP rotors.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

JD13

Jun 11, 2020
Vacaville
Thanks fellas, the tires aren't the greatest. I prefer the Assagai's it came with but I do like the way the tan wall looks haha.

Dezmond 22

Jan 7, 2020
Australia
BEAST , Mono level : expert .
how is the geo though ? Extra 20 mm would lift the front , wondering how it feels on landing jumps .
Does it want to wander off line a bit .Does the front want to come up when pushing hard on up hill peddles ?

Looks like it belongs .

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thinking triple clamp is the way to go more and more. New bike has a creak and i think its coming from the csu on my fox 38. Boxxer is only 1/4 heavier

Dezmond 22

Jan 7, 2020
Australia
Dirtnvert , I had a creak that was doing my head in , thought headset due to issues then battery housing looked everywhere.
Turned out it was the rear shock spring collar .

Duggan

Feb 20, 2019
Isle of Man
Thinking triple clamp is the way to go more and more. New bike has a creak and i think its coming from the csu on my fox 38. Boxxer is only 1/4 heavier
I have to agree, my 2020 Lyriks had a terrible CSU creak from the second ride, they’ve now gone back for warranty. CSU’s or replacement forks are in short supply, so I’ve ended up buying a new set or 2021 Lyrik’s to keep me riding. Wonder if a boxxer can have the travel reduced to keep the geometry closer to stock ?

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Dirtnvert , I had a creak that was doing my head in , thought headset due to issues then battery housing looked everywhere.
Turned out it was the rear shock spring collar .
The csu is still just a suspicion. Air shock on my meta so its not the spring collar and ive taken apart the headset and greased after thinking it was the dusty conditions. Im going to swap out the carbon bar and try other pedals to take those 2 things out of the equation. After that it can only be pressfit bb or csu

Duggan

Feb 20, 2019
Isle of Man
The csu is still just a suspicion. Air shock on my meta so its not the spring collar and ive taken apart the headset and greased after thinking it was the dusty conditions. Im going to swap out the carbon bar and try other pedals to take those 2 things out of the equation. After that it can only be pressfit bb or csu
Is it creaking while using the front brake or landing the front from jump, drops or even riding over roots fast?

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I have to agree, my 2020 Lyriks had a terrible CSU creak from the second ride, they’ve now gone back for warranty. CSU’s or replacement forks are in short supply, so I’ve ended up buying a new set or 2021 Lyrik’s to keep me riding. Wonder if a boxxer can have the travel reduced to keep the geometry closer to stock ?
Cheap and ez to put a 180 air shaft in a boxxer. The lower crown stack is less on a boxxer than a lyric so that makes an axle to headset race a touch shorter distance on a 180 boxxer than a 180 lyric or you can slide the crowns up the boxxer stanchions and have a longer axle to headset race distance on the boxxer. So much more adjustment options with a triple clamp. Travel adjust, bar height, head angle adjustment when you adjust the height plus extra room in the headtube for an angle headset or reach adjust headset with the straight 1/8 steerer on a triple clamp

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Is it creaking while using the front brake or landing the front from jump, drops or even riding over roots fast?
Side to side when climbing. I can do it in my driveway just twisting rhe front end side to side. Its a quite abnoxious sound. Louder than any previous creaks ive ever had

Duggan

Feb 20, 2019
Isle of Man
Side to side when climbing. I can do it in my driveway just twisting rhe front end side to side. Its a quite abnoxious sound. Louder than any previous creaks ive ever had
I’ve had fox forks with CSU creaks, but my lyriks sounded much louder, more of a snapping sound than a creak, I tried to ignore it for a while but It got the better of me!
best bet it so clamp them in a vice on the steerer with some soft grips and give them a flex, least this way you can rule out the rest of the bike.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I’ve had fox forks with CSU creaks, but my lyriks sounded much louder, more of a snapping sound than a creak, I tried to ignore it for a while but It got the better of me!
best bet it so clamp them in a vice on the steerer with some soft grips and give them a flex, least this way you can rule out the rest of the bike.
Great. Thanks. I'll do that soon. Season is winding down now. Snow will be flying soon

Sergi

Jan 8, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
What rotor size are you riding at the back?

I wanted to install Magura brakes with 220mm rotors on my meta power 2021 and it does not fit.

See the picture below trying to install Magura brakes. The pistons interfere with the rear triangle.

I am wondering if 200mm would fit or if the 2021 model is different and Magura just won't fit.

IMG_1423.jpg

Sergi

Jan 8, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
In case anyone wants to install Magura MT5 / MT7 brakes on a Commencal meta power sx 2021, the 220mm rotor does not fit at the back, but a 200mm will fit.

Sergi

Jan 8, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
I almost tried sanding it a little bit but I finally preffered not to damage the caliper and install a 203 rotor. I would have provably worked as it touched by so little

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
The big fat headtube on the Ebike really hurts the turning radius. In fact when you hit the bumper on the fork legs, you get a sensation of the bike wanting to fall over/tip. It’s kind of like an automatic 20lb of weight pushing down on the bars as soon as the rubber barely touches. That has been my experience with Dual crown on an Ebike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles