Article 2020 Merida eONE-SIXTY First Ride Review

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
The 2020 Merida eONE-SIXTY is a pretty sleek looking bike. The main reason for this is the battery. Shimano has just released the BT8035 battery which they developed in cooperation with Merida. It’s quite compact and it allows for a slimmer downtube. The battery is lighter than any other internal detachable battery that I know of. To achieve this, they had to stick with the 504Wh battery. And judging by their reasoning, they may very well have made the right choice.

There is a lot of talk about bigger capacity batteries. The problem is, not much progress has been made for the lithium ion batteries the last couple of years. Not when it comes to energy density. The only way to increase battery capacity is to make a bigger and heavier battery. Not everyone does those huge long rides that require bigger batteries though. If you never go more than 50 kilometres in a ride, there are several advantages to having a smaller battery.

A smaller battery is cheaper. A smaller battery...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Thanks knut for your review. Great insight into how it rides. I was a fan of the original and it seems that they have improved on that.

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
Good review, awesome bike, ridiculous pricing that is not justified by anything and the same is true for other 10k bikes. 'Trial period' is over, bike manufacturers are seeing the $$$$ in ebikes and cashing in as I see it.

A

Andrew

To be fair, a carbon mtb with XTR, DT Carbon, FOX, etc would probably be a similar price... ?

Ivan

Dec 29, 2018
Australia
My only concern is the high stack height from what looks to be a rather tall headtube. If it means its difficult to weight the front wheel then it will be a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles