Levo SL Gen 1 2020 Levo SL Comp, it a good deal?

Minman

Nov 27, 2021
St. Louis
There is a 2020 Levo SL Comp for sale locally. The owner says it's lightly used only a few rides on easy terrain.

I was considering the new Levo comp for my first EMTB, but if the bike is a good deal I might consider it.

What's a good price for the bike? They are asking $6000.

How are the components that came on the bike and issues I should look out for if I take a look?

Thanks.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I assume you know the Levo Comp SL is a very different bike to a Levo Comp ? ....and a Gen 2 Levo Comp is different to a Gen3 Levo Comp!!

Before you consider any second hand bike there are few things worth checking out

1. Spesh bikes are referred to as 2020 bikes if the bike is a 2020 MODEL.........it could have been bought in 2019 or 2020.
2. You need to see the sellers original purchase receipt
3. The sellers can use Mission Control screen prints to show the mileage, and battery condition and number of charge cycles.
4. The mileage and charge cycles should be in correct relation............ie the mileage divided by the number of charge cycles should roughly equal the expected range per battery charge.

I find in general, at least in the UK, Levo sellers have an inflated view of the value of their bikes based mostly on how much bike prices have increased over the last 2 years rather than the price they actually paid in 2019 or early 2020!!. .......or based on the upgrades they have done.

Minman

Nov 27, 2021
St. Louis
Thanks, Mikerb, Yep, I compared the two at the LBS a few weeks back. I didn't ride the SL, though, the Comp I road, and liked it quite a bit. On the other hand, the SL seemed a bit limiting for the price, battery/range. My only other experience has been with a Trek Rail 7 that I had for the weekend, which I liked a lot.

The SL I just happened upon, and I thought it might scratch the itch for riding if it was a reasonable price. I'll follow up with the seller about the recommended points and see what they say.

IYO, if I liked the Levo Comp and the Rail 7, should I consider the SL, or is the riding experience so different not to bother?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
As a bove the Rail and the Levo are full powered Emtbs with large capacity batteries. The SL is a lighter overall build but with a much smaller capacity battery and reduced power motor. So Levo 90 nm/Rail 85nm/ SL 30nm.
Where you are most likely to notice the limitations of the SL compared to full powered bikes is technical climbs.............or if you are not particularly fit. Typically ( my opinion) the lower powered bikes like the SL are bought by guys who have the fitness and strength to ride non powered mountain bikes but are looking for some additional assistance to help with climbs etc. They also value the added agility a lighter bike can offer. Full powered EMTBS can go places where every other bike has to be pushed or carried or would not entertain in the first place!! Take your pick!

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Easy…if you ride alone or with other analog bikes or light ebikes go with the sl. You will enjoy it..like me.
if you ride with full ebike…then..why you are looking for a light bike?

Minman

Nov 27, 2021
St. Louis
All fair points. Thanks for the help guys.

I ran over to the LBS and road the SL a bit ago. I can see and feel the difference between the 2 now.

Minman

Nov 27, 2021
St. Louis
Talked to the LBS again and they said they could sell me a demo Levo Comp for the same price as the SL, so $6,000. With a full warranty and all that comes with it.

I saw the demo while I was in the shop, it looked in great shape. Not sure how many hours are on the battery, but will check that out.

That sounded good to me, anything I'm missing?

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
the demo seems like a decent deal and from a dealer who should help cover you if warranty is needed.
SLs seem to be more reliable than the larger bikes, but if you want full power that doesn't matter. As far as the SL price on black Friday spesh was selling carbon SLs with a decent discount like $2k off so around $6750, it would not surprise me if those deals come around again in the future. Knowing that a 2 year old one at 6k seems high.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
the demo seems like a decent deal and from a dealer who should help cover you if warranty is needed.
SLs seem to be more reliable than the larger bikes, but if you want full power that doesn't matter. As far as the SL price on black Friday spesh was selling carbon SLs with a decent discount like $2k off so around $6750, it would not surprise me if those deals come around again in the future. Knowing that a 2 year old one at 6k seems high.
I agree with the a bove. The other factor is that there is a very much smaller market for the SL and I reckon Spesh overproduced them expecting them to be much more popular...........maybe SL sales were dented as well by subsequent low power bikes released by competitors. I think the second hand market for the SL is even smaller based on the numbers I see up for sale barely a year old. So yeah $6000 is overpriced. Go with the demo Levo from your LBS.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles