Levo SL Gen 1 2020 Levo Expert v Levo Expert SL

Shane.T

Nov 4, 2019
Brookfield
I have the 2020 Levo Expert and have sort of missed the way I used to ride my Trek Fuel EX, I test rode the SL today at my LBS and really enjoyed the riding characteristics of the bike although the power from the Levo to the SL is quite noticeable, question is that I am thinking of trading in my Levo for the SL. I can update to carbon wheels and change to tubeless on the Levo, would this help to improve the handling compared to the SL?, my thoughts are I might love the SL initially but eventually would miss the extra power, Not quite sure which way to go, any ideas ??

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
...change to tubeless on the Levo, would this help to improve the handling compared to the SL?, my thoughts are I might love the SL initially but eventually would miss the extra power, Not quite sure which way to go, any ideas ??

Yes that trade off - better handling but half the power. Definitely go tubeless regardless would be my recommendation.
I haven’t even had a ride of the SL yet but I've asked myself the same questions.

Difference for me is I have a 2019 Kenevo and the silent power is something I’d like replicated in a much lighter bike. For me a huge feature is ease of air travel which seems to be the case with the SL with removable 320 Wh & 160 Wh bottle cage format packs.

I’m due for a bike holiday some time soon and the lighter the better not only flying but also for manoeuvring & transporting 2 of them around inside an RV.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles