2020 Levo Comp Mullet?

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I’m considering running a 27.5 plus (3.0) tire on the 2020 Levo Comp rear...anyone doing this currently?

How much does a 650b plus wheel/tire lower the bottom bracket?

If the Lyrik is upgraded to 160 mm, any idea how much does this raise the bottom bracket?

Can offset bushings also be used to help raise the bottom bracket?

What size shock hardware is needed for the 2020 Levo Comp?

Thanks.

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
I have a 160 mm fork and a 27.5 x 2.8 tyre on the back, and with the flip chip in the high position, I doubt if the bottom bracket is any more than 5 mm lower than a standard Levo with the chip in the "original" low position - and I have 155 mm cranks which easily compensate for this.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I have a 160 mm fork and a 27.5 x 2.8 tyre on the back, and with the flip chip in the high position, I doubt if the bottom bracket is any more than 5 mm lower than a standard Levo with the chip in the "original" low position - and I have 155 mm cranks which easily compensate for this.
Are you happy with the setup? Pros and cons?

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Are you happy with the setup? Pros and cons?

Very happy - but out of curiosity I might put the 29" rear wheel back in just to feel the difference again.

Mullet pros: loads more grip at the back for rocky technical climbs (which there are plenty of in Sydney), a more playful ride, better round tight corners, more comfortable, and in my opinion the bike looks better too.

Mullet cons: Possibly slightly more rolling resistance, and I had to buy new 27.5" rim, tyre and tyre insert - the shorter pedal arms and the 160 mm fork were on the bike for a long time before I mulletised it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles