Levo Gen 2 2020 Levo Comp Motor Removal??

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
I apologize if this is already on here somewhere, but I don't seem to find anything for the 2020 with the 4 bolt housing.

This all started because I'm upgrading my seatpost, however my cable housing is stuck down my seat tube. I have loosened all 3 of the cable holders and still I cannot get the cable housing to move back up the seat tube. So I'm assuming I have to drop the motor, it's the only way I'll be able to see what is jamming up the cable housing. Is the only way to remove both cranks, the castle nut, get a crank puller to remove the chain ring and then I can drop the motor? Is there an easier way to gain access to where the dropper cable housing heads up the seatpost tube? Never thought I'd have to dismantle my bike to replace a dropper post. :mad:

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
I've had a similar experience with my dropper. You will only need to remove one crank. You won't need to remove the castlenut or chainring. You will need to take the front shock bolt out too, to get the chain stay up to get the rear motor bolts out. (3 on each side) As well as the plastic cover on the side of the motor to unplug all the wires.
It's not a huge big deal, but it's a REAL pain if your bike stand does not have a clamp that can use other than the dropper (like mine)

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
6 minutes ago
I've had a similar experience with my dropper. You will only need to remove one crank. You won't need to remove the castlenut or chainring. You will need to take the front shock bolt out too, to get the chain stay up to get the rear motor bolts out. (3 on each side) As well as the plastic cover on the side of the motor to unplug all the wires.
It's not a huge big deal, but it's a REAL pain if your bike stand does not have a clamp that can use other than the dropper (like mine)
Exactly right

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
OP, are you saying that the top of the outer is down inside the seat tube? If not, you should be able to push the outer from the handle bar end (or, better, from behind the shock, it's the 2nd from the top) and pulling up from the seat tube. If it is down the tube, thread a new inner from the handle bar end and pull the other end up from the seat tube end.

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
OP, are you saying that the top of the outer is down inside the seat tube? If not, you should be able to push the outer from the handle bar end (or, better, from behind the shock, it's the 2nd from the top) and pulling up from the seat tube. If it is down the tube, thread a new inner from the handle bar end and pull the other end up from the seat tube end.
That is correct, the outer was down in the seat tube and I was unable to push it up from the handle bar side, nor was I able to grab the outer and pull it from the seat tube side. However though, it turns out I had missed one of the bolts, I had removed 5/6 on the motor. Finally got the motor rotated down and was able to get to the outer housing and feed it up the seat tube. Thanks for the reply.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
I have some noises coming from my 2021 Levo motor, so i'm preparing already to sent the motor for service.😁

Is it difficult process to drop motor off?
Is there good guide somewhere for that?
And do i need new bolts for motor or can i use old ones when i put motor back?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles