2020 Kenevo Rockshox Coil Shock Mounting Hardware

Tacoloco

Jan 18, 2020
San Diego
Howdy everyone

I recently purchased a 2020 Kenevo Comp in a size S4. Unfortunately, I guess the bike is designed for someone much heavier than 160 lbs., so I’m only able to get around 10% sag. I ordered a 450 lb. spring, but it looks like it’ll take around a week or more to arrive.

My trail bike is a 2018 Santa Cruz and it has a rockshox coil shock 230mm x 60mm. It looks like it may fit, but the hardware is obviously different.

I tried to look up the shock mounting hardware, but it looks like it’s all secret squirrel spoof information.

Do any of the current existing Kenevo Expert owners have the Rockshox Coil Shock mounting hardware sizes?

Thank you.

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
Howdy everyone

I recently purchased a 2020 Kenevo Comp in a size S4. Unfortunately, I guess the bike is designed for someone much heavier than 160 lbs., so I’m only able to get around 10% sag. I ordered a 450 lb. spring, but it looks like it’ll take around a week or more to arrive.

My trail bike is a 2018 Santa Cruz and it has a rockshox coil shock 230mm x 60mm. It looks like it may fit, but the hardware is obviously different.

I tried to look up the shock mounting hardware, but it looks like it’s all secret squirrel spoof information.

Do any of the current existing Kenevo Expert owners have the Rockshox Coil Shock mounting hardware sizes?

Thank you.

Top is:
Rock Shox Metric Rear Shock Mount Kits
M8 x 20mm

No hardware required for the bottom (standard mount), but I had to knock out the bushing in the shock.

You will lose travel with the 230x60. I would guess travel reduced to 172mm

Last edited:

Tacoloco

Jan 18, 2020
San Diego
Top is:
Rock Shox Metric Rear Shock Mount Kits
M6 x 20mm

No hardware required for the bottom (standard mount), but I had to knock out the bushing in the shock.

You will lose travel with the 230x60. I would guess travel reduced to 172mm

You sir, are a godsend! Thank you!

Just out of curiosity, if I were to remove the space on the 230x60 shock to make it a 230x65, what would the extra 2.5mm do to the bike?

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
You sir, are a godsend! Thank you!

Just out of curiosity, if I were to remove the space on the 230x60 shock to make it a 230x65, what would the extra 2.5mm do to the bike?
The expert comes with a 230x62.5 Rockshox.super deluxe coil with a spacer washer under the bottom out bumper on the shock shaft. I removed the spacer with no Ill effect and now have around 188 mm of travel. Your experience May differ

IMG_20200101_084048.jpg

Tacoloco

Jan 18, 2020
San Diego
Thanks again for the info.

Just realized that the coil shock won’t fit because of the eyelet bearing on the rebound knob side

=(

Justarider

Apr 6, 2021
California
What’s up fellas, I have a 2020 kenevo comp that came with Marzoochi RC coil and it is a decent shock but I blew out two of them. The rebound knob blows a seal and leaks so back to Fox once again. I have been in search of a high end shock for this and finding one at 230x62.5 is very difficult for sure. After a lot of searching I ended up getting the Ohlins TTX coil and was wondering if anyone has tried this shock. Im a aggressive rider and need something that can handle hard hits and drops. Any help would gravely be appreciated

Justarider

Apr 6, 2021
California
The expert comes with a 230x62.5 Rockshox.super deluxe coil with a spacer washer under the bottom out bumper on the shock shaft. I removed the spacer with no Ill effect and now have around 188 mm of travel. Your experience May differ

View attachment 24743

View attachment 24743
Hey man I was wondering how you like that coil shock and does it take big hits well?

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
Hey man I was wondering how you like that coil shock and does it take big hits well?
I like the coil shock, a very planted feel. Perfect for plowin' through the rough stuff. Seemed to take my level of riding fine. I am on an X2 right now for more park type pop.

Justarider

Apr 6, 2021
California
I liked the coil shock, a very planted feel. Perfect for plowin' through the rough stuff. I am on an X2 right now for more park type pop.
Really! Ok so your saying for bike parks air is the way to go? I also have X2 but on Canyon torque and I feel that it is to chattery but might need to dig in to the settings more. Over all I cant complain about it blasting through bike parks like Snow Summit here I Cali. I did want to try coil on it though.

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
Really! Ok so your saying for bike parks air is the way to go? I also have X2 but on Canyon torque and I feel that it is to chattery but might need to dig in to the settings more. Over all I cant complain about it blasting through bike parks like Snow Summit here I Cali. I did want to try coil on it though.
For me, yes... I like air.... the Kenevo is stuck to the ground with the coil. Tuning the x2 can be difficult, but when its right its very good. I know the chattery feel you speak of.. I call it nervous. The x2 seems sensitive to temperature change.. If I dial it in on a cool day, it will feel nervous on a warm day and require more damping. Just my .02 Not so much with the coil.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles