Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

Pablo

Aug 25, 2019
Hampshire
Hey guys,
wanting to upgrade my shock to the fox dhx2, but unsure what i size i need 2020 kenevo
anyone know?
cheers

chin.surf

Jun 25, 2020
kent
Hi. Is the derailler hanger the sandwich one for a 2020 kenevo expert. I am looking to buy a spare but not sure if this is correct one. Thanks
Screenshot_20200824-115716_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200824-115716_Chrome.jpg

RocratRacing

Aug 25, 2020
Friendcamwinch7@
Hey All,
Just wanted to intro myself as I’m new to the forum . I purchased a Kenevo expert after riding a Levo and absolutely enjoying the ride . Didn’t like the stock expert ride so decided to do a few mods .
2021 Fox 38 pistachio 180mm
220mm sram front rotor
50mm Lyne stem
800mm cSixx carbon End bars
Cane Creek lower race mod
160mm Lyne dropper post
Hope Pro4 hubs 28hole
South Carbon enduro 30mm rims 28 hole
Maxxis 2.5 Assagai DH casing tire front
Maxxis 2.4 Dissector DH casing tire rear
cSixx extra thick Foamo insert rear
2021 Fox Float X2 230mm x 65mm

still waiting for bits
Sram AXS Eagle upgrade kit
10-50 cassette
Ride Wrap tailored frame and fork wrap

The mods so far have transformed the bike into an absolute freeride beast , no more pedal strikes in rock gardens and it rolls through just about everything I care to put it through .
I have found myself using eco mode with 5% assist on most climbs and turbo mode on the decents for getting out corners quicker .
I am riding more now then I did when I was racing full time in my 30’s.

6CB33FC1-406C-45D1-A228-C074175F8D21.jpeg

F76B7A51-41B8-49FA-9A4E-7E5270B06C0C.jpeg

6D8DE9AE-7591-496A-BF82-102F79E3ABCE.jpeg

820F27FA-0F5A-4B36-B81B-33A2BA6F367C.jpeg

Last edited:

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
I just had a broken brake hose on the stock SRAM Code R rear brake. It seems like it has broken near the entrance of the rear triangle/chain stay.

Should there be a plastic protector covering the sharp edges of the entrance?

This should be covered by the warranty, right? 10 months old 2020 Comp

Dave11

Nov 5, 2019
Sydney
So I've sifted through the previous posts regarding the Cane Creek crown races but I can't make much sense out of it. Is anyone able to tell me exactly which one would be needed to fit the Marzocchi fork on the Comp? I'm getting petty sick of having to clean and re grease my headset every 10 rides. Thanks in advance.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Kenevo owners.. im in the market for a bike for my son, he is 14 and 5'4, it will also be used by my wife at 5'2..
I was originally going to get him a levo but im put off by the 29" wheels for such a small rider as well as the fact that the Kenevo has a wider height range on the S2 (5'2-5'8) while the Levo is (5'2 - 5'5) so he has a little room to grow with the bike and my wife can use it exclusively when he has outgrown it.

what do you all think of a Kenevo for the smaller rider, would you recommend or not?

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
Kenevo owners.. im in the market for a bike for my son, he is 14 and 5'4, it will also be used by my wife at 5'2..
I was originally going to get him a levo but im put off by the 29" wheels for such a small rider as well as the fact that the Kenevo has a wider height range on the S2 (5'2-5'8) while the Levo is (5'2 - 5'5) so he has a little room to grow with the bike and my wife can use it exclusively when he has outgrown it.

what do you all think of a Kenevo for the smaller rider, would you recommend or not?

It is a great bike, but the WB is long. This will make it a little more difficult to move around on tight trails. If you riding is more wide open than tight corners it will be a great bike. If they will be riding tighter technical singletrack the Levo might be the better choice. You can do the same trails on the Kenevo, it will just take a little more technique.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
Hey All,
Just wanted to intro myself as I’m new to the forum . I purchased a Kenevo expert after riding a Levo and absolutely enjoying the ride . Didn’t like the stock expert ride so decided to do a few mods .
2021 Fox 38 pistachio 180mm
220mm sram front rotor
50mm Lyne stem
800mm cSixx carbon End bars
Cane Creek lower race mod
160mm Lyne dropper post
Hope Pro4 hubs 28hole
South Carbon enduro 30mm rims 28 hole
Maxxis 2.5 Assagai DH casing tire front
Maxxis 2.4 Dissector DH casing tire rear
cSixx extra thick Foamo insert rear
2021 Fox Float X2 230mm x 65mm

still waiting for bits
Sram AXS Eagle upgrade kit
10-50 cassette
Ride Wrap tailored frame and fork wrap

The mods so far have transformed the bike into an absolute freeride beast , no more pedal strikes in rock gardens and it rolls through just about everything I care to put it through .
I have found myself using eco mode with 5% assist on most climbs and turbo mode on the decents for getting out corners quicker .
I am riding more now then I did when I was racing full time in my 30’s.

View attachment 38868

View attachment 38869

View attachment 38870

View attachment 39371
Good for you man. well done.

Frirish

Aug 19, 2020
Carlow, Ireland
Hi,
Anybody know the max length of the seatpost insert possible for an S4 Kenevo?
The 150mm that came with the bike is quite short and in order to fit me, the insert is about 90mm out of the top tube.
so looking to get a longer one.
looking at One Up 180mm or best 210mm if it would fit all the way down the tube ..?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hi,
The 150mm that came with the bike is quite short and in order to fit me, the insert is about 90mm out of the top tube.
looking at One Up 180mm or best 210mm if it would fit all the way down the tube ..?
240mm to the small pieces you can see in the top and bottom. These are the bolts that fix the shock link to the frame. For some reason the Kenevo has these kittle extensions on the end of that bolt. The Levo/SL has the same bolt but without the extensions.
What I’m saying is you could grind them off and then you have 260mm of clearance to those wires.

AC46B4C9-F7D8-42BD-966C-2E488034C492.png

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
Hi,
I was able to fit a OneUp 210 shimmed down to 190 in my S3. I woukd check the 210 as there is 20mm to play with.

Frirish

Aug 19, 2020
Carlow, Ireland
I was able to fit a OneUp 210 shimmed down to 190 in my S3. I woukd check the 210 as there is 20mm to play with.
That would be brilliant indeed ! Even with the 2 bolts showed on Christian picture above then?

Here is my new baby on it's first day:
1600430639333.png

Went for a quick 20km blast around a trail center near the shop, and so far so good! loved it !!!!
Got PRs everywhere! On the ups that was sure, but even on red trails going down.

The brakes need to bed in to give a realistic feed back, so won't comment on that yet.
Rear shock was perfect, but the settings on the front weren't right ... I had it 11 click from close and could not really place the front wheel where I wanted and got a few scary moment coming out of a fast twisty berm ... Also felt very hard on bumpy surface and got bad armpump. I just changed to 8 clicks from closed, so will see.
I actually thing it could be due to the tyres as well as these are big 2.6 (was on Maxxis DHF/R 2.4 3C on my Mega), and there was probably too much air as I am not sure yet how puncture (pinch) resistant they are yet. I also found the sided knobs to be "not enough on the side" if you know what I mean.

Other than that, although it is a long bike on paper, the fit is perfect! 64 degrees HA is very confident inspiring but the Mega wasn't far from that. Just that seat post that is too high is annoying me, but it will be my first big mod.

And lastly, the saddle ... what a dream! Probably the comfiest saddle I've had !

So managed 2 loops of the trail center: 19.5km - 653 Elevation +, and went back home with 56% battery left !
Happy days!

Edit* The gear shifter on goes up one gear at the time ... that is shame on a bike at that price ...

Last edited:

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Great to hear you’re loving new bike . Would recommend 1/2/3 tokens with 25% sag max , keeps the fork higher and depending on how hard you ride ( more tokens) will stop it bottoming !
Great seat but after a year mines a creak monster ( must be cos you sit more on ebikes ) !

Kenebeau

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
Exactly how I feel, I love it!

All I ever wanted was a eDH bike.
I wanted 200mm travel back and front and I already had the fork from my last Kenevo so that was an easy swap. I think from memory it was a 46mm offset?
With this fork and a 29er front it slackens out to around 62 degree HA. Defiantly noticeable but still climbs no problems.
For the rear shock I wanted to keep it ohlins, they had a 242/76 so I had them reduce that by 6mm to give me 236/70. This gave me 201mm travel at the back and I initially ran two offset bushes to give me a 230 overall eye to eye measurement.
As the bush was solid without the thin outer bush it had no movement and the top bolt was always loosening itself. I decided to go back to a centre bush with the outer bush which raised my bottom bracket. No big deal as the bikes so long and slack it’s fine. Works out the same measurement as flipping the chip in the original shock.
I also checked by removing the spring and cycling the suspension to make sure there was clearance in the frame which there was.

As for the ride? Well it’s fine, I’ve taken it down some sketchy trails and take a few decent hits, drops and it loves it.
Not one problem so far, just lots of fun and I finally have my eDH.

View attachment 21643
I thought i was the first to do this! We actually ride the same spots! You yangs is alittle flat for the big girl now!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Oh really, if you want pm me your details and ill add you to our whats app group. Theres a few of us ebikers and I also have a mtb group I roll with.
Im mainly on the SL now but its always good to shred with ebikers.

What mods you done to your Kenevo?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles