Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Any particular reason why? The stuff seems to get decent reviews once you get past the few reported rear shock failures? Just wondering why so many have instantly swapped out the fork and shock on the comp?
If you get a shock that’s fine and tune the forks to suit you then there’s no need to upgrade , they are both very capable !

Chubba

Sep 17, 2019
Cape Town, South Africa
Don’t know if you guys saw this? Old vs New Kenevo.
C28415F4-AEA6-4A92-B64E-ED8FD1CEAA74.jpeg

Nikolaos Tsivis

Oct 19, 2019
Greece
Good day.
It seems that all Bomber CR shocks coming on Kenevo Comps will have a breakdown, sooner or later. Mine is working just fine after the repairs. Lets see how long will it last.
Brgds/Nikolaos Tsivis

Eebs

Sep 11, 2019
Sydney, Australia
Good day.
It seems that all Bomber CR shocks coming on Kenevo Comps will have a breakdown, sooner or later. Mine is working just fine after the repairs. Lets see how long will it last.
Brgds/Nikolaos Tsivis
It's clearly an issue, more and more people on here are reporting failures. The Australian stock is still being withheld so they can fix them.

Nikolaos Tsivis

Oct 19, 2019
Greece
Would you have any details on what was actually done on your shock? Expecting mine back this week and I´d love to compare the applied measures.

No, FOX did not provide any details regarding what was wrong with the shock. They repaired it under warranty and sent it back. What I can tell you is that when we removed the shock from the bike, the eyelet was loose from the shaft. This is where the shock lost its oil. The shock after the repair is working perfectly fine.
Brgds/Nikolaos Tsivis

Digcon

Nov 2, 2018
Rotherham
Anyone been to revs yet
ive booked on for the 1st December just wondered if it fits on the trailer ok S3 comp ?

Last edited:

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
No, FOX did not provide any details regarding what was wrong with the shock. They repaired it under warranty and sent it back. What I can tell you is that when we removed the shock from the bike, the eyelet was loose from the shaft. This is where the shock lost its oil. The shock after the repair is working perfectly fine.
Brgds/Nikolaos Tsivis

Same issue here Mate :(

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
My rear shock has started to fail ( about 45 miles of riding), its currently knocking on initial stroke, but getting worse and worse. Its off the bike now and getting sent off today. :)

woodsy

Jun 12, 2018
walsall
I've joined the blown shock club today,Mine went at the end of a very fast descent which gave me a brown trouser moment.
I messaged my LBS and drove straight there and they took the shock out and posted it out with a few others they have there and then. Just hope I have it back by Saturday as i'm supposed to be doing a race on the Kenevo

woodsy

Jun 12, 2018
walsall
Anyone been to revs yet
ive booked on for the 1st December just wondered if it fits on the trailer ok S3 comp ?

I took my XL 2018 Kenevo there in the summer and I didn't have any issues fitting it onto the trailers. The place is mega and I can't wait till I take my new S5 comp there

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
All the shock issues are Marzocchi-related right? The Rockshox Super Deluxe on the Expert is still holding up well?

Dave11

Nov 5, 2019
Sydney
The shock on my Comp blew after 25km of riding. I was told that it was just a shaft had not been properly torqued at the assembly stage. Since getting it back I have put close to 400km of riding on it and it has been fine. It is actually a very nice shock, I had initially planned to swap it out for something fancier but if it keeps working as is I don't see a need. I have heard that after the initial small batch sold in Australia that they had the issue rectified before selling any more. (Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Like I said in the thread earlier its a known problem with the shock (pre Kenevo 2020) that the shaft can come loose - most retailers are not going to check the shock shaft duding PDI, so you should ask retailer to do so before picking up the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles