Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
The coil option is pretty cool! Would be interested in reading comparisons against the smashpot as the HBO is a pretty nice feature.

I am thinking of picking up a comp and swapping some parts from my 2019 expert. My lyrik currently has the RUNT DSD (dual airchamber, coil-like), Push HC97 damper - and is the best fork I have ever ridden. I am thinking that I can run that fork on the 2020 and actually get a tad bit livelier steering as well given the slightly longer offset (46mm vs 42mm).

Did Specialized figure out a fix for the Bomber CR issue that was happening a few pages back on this thread? That's one of my reservations - though, I may go big and get an EXT Storia...

The S4 just feels like a better fit than the L 2019 to me (tad under 6'1", 33" inseam). 2019 is great, but for my riding style, I am eager to try the 2020.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Dear Kenevo owners, maybe a crazy idea, well problaby a crazy idea but

Do you thing you can get a less “overkill” bike going for a smaller size than the one is recommended for you?

Im 5’ 7” and the S2 has a longer reach than a M Levo, and the same wheelbase than a L Levo. It’s still a big bike in some terms. I was thinking going for the Comp since weight less and put airshock to save even more weigh, along other parts, and get a more progressive ride.

My main idea is to get benefits of the long travel, slack angles, lighter weight, on a more reactive and less overkill package. A more trail friendly bike but still more weaponed than most enduro ebikes.

A good idea or is going to kill the bike purpose?

Thanks

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Dear Kenevo owners, maybe a crazy idea, well problaby a crazy idea but

Do you thing you can get a less “overkill” bike going for a smaller size than the one is recommended for you?

Im 5’ 7” and the S2 has a longer reach than a M Levo, and the same wheelbase than a L Levo. It’s still a big bike in some terms. I was thinking going for the Comp since weight less and put airshock to save even more weigh, along other parts, and get a more progressive ride.

My main idea is to get benefits of the long travel, slack angles, lighter weight, on a more reactive and less overkill package. A more trail friendly bike but still more weaponed than most enduro ebikes.

A good idea or is going to kill the bike purpose?

Thanks

Have you ridden a Kenevo yet? My take away from the first ride was that it does not feel anything like as big and numb as the geometry chart makes it sound. Give it a go.

If you still find it a bit too much then rather than lightening a Kenevo, I would suggest looking into beefing up a Levo. This might be a better way to achieve what you want.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Have you ridden a Kenevo yet? My take away from the first ride was that it does not feel anything like as big and numb as the geometry chart makes it sound. Give it a go.

If you still find it a bit too much then rather than lightening a Kenevo, I would suggest looking into beefing up a Levo. This might be a better way to achieve what you want.

No haven’t tried unfortunately

Of course a Levo is better for trails, but the “full access” of a Kenevo is so tempting with that travel and angles. But the numbers of a S3 still sound a lot for me!

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
I haven't ridden a huge amount of e-bikes. I have the 2020 Kenevo comp, and I have ridden a similar sized Merida E 160. Very different bikes and purposes. But my impression is that the long wheel base, chain stays and the slack hta of the Comp is what mostly affects the agility.
I hear people say the Kenovo is a do- it- all- bike, but I tend to disagree. IMO it is very capable and forgiving in the rough and steep stuff, but the E 160 is much more playful and fun in the technical and tight single tracks. It might help to size down to get a more playful Kenovo, but my advice is to try before buy and know your type of terrain.

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
@Christian are you still running the stock drivetrain and dropper? I’m wondering whether the Hope Sram Matchmaker clamps will work with the stock Sram S700 shifter and the XFusion dropper’s trigger? Any idea?
I’m running hope brakes and axs dropper. The matchmaker mounts work with the stock Sram shifter and seat dropper remote.

Tacoloco

Jan 18, 2020
San Diego
The coil option is pretty cool! Would be interested in reading comparisons against the smashpot as the HBO is a pretty nice feature.

I am thinking of picking up a comp and swapping some parts from my 2019 expert. My lyrik currently has the RUNT DSD (dual airchamber, coil-like), Push HC97 damper - and is the best fork I have ever ridden. I am thinking that I can run that fork on the 2020 and actually get a tad bit livelier steering as well given the slightly longer offset (46mm vs 42mm).

Did Specialized figure out a fix for the Bomber CR issue that was happening a few pages back on this thread? That's one of my reservations - though, I may go big and get an EXT Storia...

The S4 just feels like a better fit than the L 2019 to me (tad under 6'1", 33" inseam). 2019 is great, but for my riding style, I am eager to try the 2020.

My Bomber CR just exploded.... on a 4 day old bike ?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Boxxer owners, what kinda pressure you running? I’m at 145psi with 4 tokens, still blowing through travel (85KG with riding gear)!

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
160psi with 3 tokens at 105kg with clothes and finding the bottom.
Will make a try with 4 tokens soon.
It's to icy and slippery here on my natural trails at moment for a reasonable try.

Last edited:

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
2 months ish , gunna try and get the deluxe coil as a replacement. Don’t trust the mrz anymore

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
No upgrade on mine as mrz and rockshock are different companies ! Me dumb ?! Got a replacement to use while foxfixit so no bother !

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Well if this one blows I’m gunna go on the spec trip with rob and stuff it up the bosses u know wot ?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
They say the shock warranty is with fox which is a cop out , they sold the bike it should be there responsible !
We need to put some questions on here for rob to take and get answers !!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
They say the shock warranty is with fox which is a cop out , they sold the bike it should be there responsible !
We need to put some questions on here for rob to take and get answers !!
Ask on the live stream! I’ll be with the head of Turbo ??

Aragaiki

Dec 24, 2019
Chile, San Pedro de la Paz
Marzocchi shocks blown AGAIN ☹️
After riding no more than 150 km, mine exploded too. LBS said me: this problem happened already several time to others riders, due to original Marzocchi‘s torque assembly is not right for Kenevo application.
They made full maintenance to my shock and put higher torque. No problem after 150 km more.

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Marzocchi shocks blown AGAIN ☹️

You can add me into this club too.
My Marzocchi Bomber CR shit itself at the weekend while trail riding in the Surrey alps.

BFFFEF9D-76DE-486C-99B1-EB689C6B0C3A.jpeg

Bike looks like its crying and I feel it's pain as this is the 3rd component failure and I am yet to cover 100 miles! No motor troubles though (touch wood).

Gabypb

Nov 8, 2019
Ecuador
Yes I have one on mine. Great guard, very factory looking. I hear there’s a revision in the works to add a bit of material on the lower section to cover the motor vent a little more.
Otherwise great product!
Hello, I'm thinking of getting a Sicomtb dual rear guard for my Levo 2019, I would really appreciate your feedback in regards to any mud clogging around the mudguard?

Thanks and happy riding!

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Hello, I'm thinking of getting a Sicomtb dual rear guard for my Levo 2019, I would really appreciate your feedback in regards to any mud clogging around the mudguard?

Thanks and happy riding!

Can’t comment on the Sicomtb guard but I’m a couple of rides in with my Mudhugger Shorty and I’m pleasantly surprised. Obviously doesn’t stop everything but keeps the linkage clean enough at a good price. No modifications needed to stop rubbing either.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere

Thanks and happy riding!
I haven’t ridden in pure slop yet but for the wet muddy days I have ridden there was no real build up.
The guard is fantastic though. They’re doing an updated version which has an extension over the motor vent which I would wait for. Otherwise it is the perfect looking and functioning guard.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
My shock had come back from fox rebuilt so alls good but on the last few rides I’d noticed a loud creak coming from the stem/bars area . As the shock was dying I thought that could’ve been the issue as creak noise spreads everywhere. I mentioned this to lbs mechanic when I went in for the shock swap and he rubbed his chin , lifted the frame with the weight on the front wheel and gave it a good bounce . LOUD creak from the stem area and matey recons possibly a cracked crown , so might have to go back to fox under warranty !
Have any Marzocchi Z1 owners had this issue ?

Last edited:

Nikolaos Tsivis

Oct 19, 2019
Greece
My shock had come back from fox rebuilt so alls good but on the last few rides I’d noticed a loud creak coming from the stem/bars area . As the shock was dying I thought that could’ve been the issue as creak noise spreads everywhere. I mentioned this to lbs mechanic when I went in for the shock swap and he rubbed his chin , lifted the frame with the weight on the front wheel and gave it a good bounce . LOUD creak from the stem area and matey recons possibly a cracked crown , so might have to go back to fox under warranty !
Have any Marzocchi Z1 owners had this issue ?

I also seem have the same problem. During last Sunday's ride, I heard creaking, I am sure it was coming from the fork's CSU. I think the steerer got loose. Tried to tighten the headset, it was not loose though. The bike is at the dealer since Monday morning for another job (new drivetrain installation), I asked them to check the CSU as well, no news since then though, tough week at the office... I will get in touch with them tomorrow and see if they found anything.
Brgds/Nikolaos Tsivis

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles