Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Hi,
Anybody tried to fit a 29" wheel up front? What mods are needed? How does it affect the handeling and ride feel of the bike?

Jonas

Dave11

Nov 5, 2019
Sydney
When you change the brakes do you need to drop the motor to get the rear brake line through the frame or can it just be pulled through as per a normal bike?

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
Hi,
Anybody tried to fit a 29" wheel up front? What mods are needed? How does it affect the handeling and ride feel of the bike?

Jonas

I've also been thinking about this. Geometry-wise it would take the HA from 64 to 63, SA from 77 to 76, decrease reach by about 11mm, increase wheelbase by about 11mm (plus the longer offset of a 29 fork), BB height raised from -14mm drop to about -6mm. Luckily the BB is pretty low to begin with so it makes this change plausible. For example, the Norco Range has a BB drop of -5mm.

Dpickin1

Oct 2, 2019
Israel
Anyone have an idea as to how I can reduce high speed chatter? I have yet to mess with volume spacers but would this help?

When riding at high speed say above 25kmh the fork feels rough over braking bumps and fire roads. It does feel great on chunky stuff its the small stuff that does not feel smooth. Hope that made any sense at all!

Pritchi83

Dec 31, 2018
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone know what this mudguard is? Really like the look of it

Screenshot_20200110-205621_YouTube.jpg

Timbolot

Oct 10, 2019
Stuttgart
Hey Guys!

Can you recommend a water bottle that's fits in the cage and still has maximum volume? The bottles I have at home are all to big...

Aragaiki

Dec 24, 2019
Chile, San Pedro de la Paz
I prefer the 2.6 Blck Diamond over the more lightweight 2.8 Butchers on the old model, especially when riding park. They felt nice on the natural trails too. But it wasn't much deep mud and the rocks were somewhat dry, so I didn't get to test it in properly wet conditions.

In summer I replaced the Butchers rear tire by 2,6 Eliminator Black Diamond, stronger carcass and better rolling resistance and cornering. In winter / mud, 2,6 Hillbilly black diamond all days.

Mannymtb

Nov 28, 2019
Scotland
1. It looks like you lost the rubber guard (See attached photo of my bike). You could put some 3M sealing tape or a piece of inner tube or any plastic high impact frame protection.
2.- On the other hand your chain looks slack. Check the derrailleur tension and chain length.

View attachment 24379
The rubber guard is still attached if you look closely. Rear wheel was off that's why the chain looks slack. But you might be right, I'll see if the derailer need tension

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Comp owners: what is the x fusion dropper length that comes on the s4? For the life of me, I can’t seem to find that info via searching.

I should have measured when I saw one in the shop the other day. Apologies if this has been asked before!

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Comp owners: what is the x fusion dropper length that comes on the s4? For the life of me, I can’t seem to find that info via searching.

I should have measured when I saw one in the shop the other day. Apologies if this has been asked before!

150mm drop

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
On the expert is 160 mm , and I'm not able to find the total length either ( thinking about changing it for a 175 mm :) )

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
On the expert is 160 mm , and I'm not able to find the total length either ( thinking about changing it for a 175 mm :) )

Are you sure? I know the official Specialized spec list reads ‘Command Post IRcc S: 130mm, M/L/XL: 160mm of travel’ but I’ve always considered this to be incorrect because they use the old sizing format and all bikes (including my own Expert) actually come with the X Fusion Manic dropper, which is only available up to 150mm drop.

I was considering an upgrade to a 170mm+ post because I find the stock one a bit short on travel but if it’s only a 10mm increase it’s probably not worth it.

I’ll have to measure when i’m home...

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
I just measured my x Fusion and it is 150mm. A bit disappointed because I thought the Expert and the Comp had the same travel ?

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy

Are you sure? I know the official Specialized spec list reads ‘Command Post IRcc S: 130mm, M/L/XL: 160mm of travel’ but I’ve always considered this to be incorrect because they use the old sizing format and all bikes (including my own Expert) actually come with the X Fusion Manic dropper, which is only available up to 150mm drop.

I was considering an upgrade to a 170mm+ post because I find the stock one a bit short on travel but if it’s only a 10mm increase it’s probably not worth it.

I’ll have to measure when i’m home...

Yes 100 % sure , 160 mm

Ameiza

Oct 8, 2019
Norway
Hey all Kenovo Comp owners. Marzocchi made a new coil fork and you can also upgrade an existing one with a new coil.
Bomber Z1 Coil
A coil upgrade without breaking the warranty? How cool is that? ?
My Smashpot coil conversion feels great and takes the Bomber to the next level. The added weight doesn’t mean much on an e-bike.
This Marzocchi kit is much more affordable also..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles