Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes, interesting. What was the stroke on your new shock? The exploded view does not show it, but if you look really closely at the bottom of the bump stop it looks like there's something

View attachment 23945
mine is 62.5mm - difficult to measure the disc but its between 1.5 and 2mm thick, definitely no more than 2mm.

IMG_9644.jpg

IMG_9645.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If you take the spring off, you’ll probably find that you can’t get the full travel on the shock because of the bump stop. It’s designed to lesson the impact of a big hit using all the travel.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If you take the spring off, you’ll probably find that you can’t get the full travel on the shock because of the bump stop. It’s designed to lesson the impact of a big hit using all the travel.
Yup, point I making is that I dont think the disc/washer has any effect on the travel, you wouldn't want to ride a coil without the bump stop fitted

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
When I was looking at fitting a coil to the Powerfly, Bran @ Sprung explained how the stroke on a coil shock could be shortened using those discs.

He said Marzocchi do 3 coils shocks with the right eye to eye for the PF, but 3 different strokes. The stoke is set using those discs.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
sale15 code to get 15% off a 2020 kenevo on jejames bringing the expert down to £5,949.15.
Seems to be a good price.

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
First proper ride out on my Expert today and I’m over the moon. Nevertheless, the itch to upgrade has already begun...

I wasn’t impressed with the SRAM Code R brakes, so I’ll be swapping the Hope E4s off my other bike over in the next week or so.

Does anybody know whether the new 220mm Magura Ebike rotors will work with the Hopes?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
First proper ride out on my Expert today and I’m over the moon. Nevertheless, the itch to upgrade has already begun...

I wasn’t impressed with the SRAM Code R brakes, so I’ll be swapping the Hope E4s off my other bike over in the next week or so.

Does anybody know whether the new 220mm Magura Ebike rotors will work with the Hopes?
I run the Hope 225mm on my Kenevo. Mint!

Mannymtb

Nov 28, 2019
Scotland
Does anyone know/have a link to what brake pads are on the Kenevo comp? Need new ones and i'm not sure if the stock are organic or not. Also, can the rotor take metallic pads or would i need new rotors?

Matty B

Dec 11, 2019
South West
Evening everyone,

Wishing a Happy New Year to all on here!

So I finally got my hands on my new S3 Kenevo Expert. Hopefully the pics come out correctly below!

I've covered 120km in just over a week and a half. Have ridden Bike Park Wales for the first day, then onto the Forest of Dean for a couple of days. A day at Gawton Gravity Hub, and another day at Old Hill Bike Park in Cornwall. Then the odd ride over at Haldon off piste and around the trails.

Sadly I only took proper pics the first day I had it whilst at Bike Park Wales. But I've had an epic time on the bike. It's been very wet and sodden most of the time but the bike has held up well. Apart from the brakes that is. The rear brake lever was back to the bar by the end of the first day at BPW. But sorted by the tech @sprung in the Forest of Dean. I've got through a set of rear pads already, and the bike is in for it's first service.

To be honest I've found it quite an adjustment to ride. It's pretty hard to jump the bike off small stuff and roots etc. You really need bigger lips and speed to get it in the air. But once there it's incredibly stable. Drops off stuff like nothing I've ever ridden before. Possibly this is due to the Boxxer forks, I've never had triples before. But overall it's a proper downhill weapon.

Even on normal trails it feels surprisingly good and docile. Very happy as you can tell from the pics :p(y):cool:

Last edited:

Net

Jan 7, 2020
Israel
Hi everyone, new here and just had my first ride on my new Kenevo Expert 2020. What a monster! Question, I am trying to figure out tire pressures on these Butcher, BLCK DMND casing, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6” tires. On my enduro bike I typically run 26 rear/23 front. What would you recommend on a bike like this? Thanks ! Net

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-06 at 2.55.44 PM.jpeg

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Hi everyone, new here and just had my first ride on my new Kenevo Expert 2020. What a monster! Question, I am trying to figure out tire pressures on these Butcher, BLCK DMND casing, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.6” tires. On my enduro bike I typically run 26 rear/23 front. What would you recommend on a bike like this? Thanks ! Net

View attachment 24146
I’ve gone 30 f and r

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
I’m about to order my tubeless setup stuff and I’m pondering the Nukeproof ARD tyre inserts. Anybody running cushcore or the like? Is it really worth it or just marketing hype?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I’m about to order my tubeless setup stuff and I’m pondering the Nukeproof ARD tyre inserts. Anybody running cushcore or the like? Is it really worth it or just marketing hype?
I've been using cushcore for 18 months now and love it. It's in the rear of all my bikes and I haven't had a puncture the entire time and the extra support in corners and hitting rock gardens is sensational. Money well spent imo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles