2020 Kenevo blown Boxxer.

Kenebeau

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
I'm 4th ride in on my brand new 2020 kenevo expert and "crack!!" Went the fork on rebound. It topped out super hard sending me into a pretty sketchy nose dive. It happened when i was at spawn pulling up to hop over a big devil root. I pulled over and bounced on the fork a few times, there was no resistance to the for returning back to full extension. No doubt that this is a warranty issue, but has anyone else experienced anything similar in theirs??
Im also getting a pretty loud rattle/clunk from the rear linkage. Everything is tight??.

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
I'm 4th ride in on my brand new 2020 kenevo expert and "crack!!" Went the fork on rebound. It topped out super hard sending me into a pretty sketchy nose dive. It happened when i was at spawn pulling up to hop over a big devil root. I pulled over and bounced on the fork a few times, there was no resistance to the for returning back to full extension. No doubt that this is a warranty issue, but has anyone else experienced anything similar in theirs??
Im also getting a pretty loud rattle/clunk from the rear linkage. Everything is tight??.
That is nasty! is the rebound adjuster still on the bottom of the fork leg? If so, Remove the damper and check it for function/leaks..

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Keep blowing through all the travel on mine and bottoming out. Running about 18% sag and 3 out of 4 tokens. Going to add the last token to see how it runs.
Might change to the 2.1 damper after that.

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
Keep blowing through all the travel on mine and bottoming out. Running about 18% sag and 3 out of 4 tokens. Going to add the last token to see how it runs.
Big huck'n to flat or normal aggressive ridding? The service manual says 6 tokens maximum.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Big huck'n to flat or normal aggressive ridding? The manual says 6 tokens maximum.
Normal aggressive riding. 4 ft drops / gaps to slight declines etc.

Didn’t realise up to 6 that’s good to know. Best stuff a couple more in, might even be able increase sag a bit.

Kenebeau

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
That is nasty! is the rebound adjuster still on the bottom of the fork leg? If so, Remove the damper and check it for function/leaks..
I'm pretty handy, but ill take it back to the shop before I touch anything to be sure I dont void the warranty. The knob is still in tact.

Kenebeau

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
They seem very liniar. I'm running 170psi 4 tokens and still find the bottom (112kg, im husky ?.) I was thinking about putting push HC97 dampner in. Theres no no shims in their system to blow.
In comparison the rear with standard spring rate s4=550ibs seems to be a perfect fit! I have found the bottom a few times but only on the really big hits.

Kenebeau

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
Just an update! Sram Australia replaced the fork damper with an upgrade rc2 2.1 without promoting! Was actually a pretty sweet surprise!

20200124_203711.jpg

MPalli

Jan 22, 2022
Styria

Hey Rob, I bought the Kenevo just a couple of weeks ago and have the same problem: it just keeps bottoming out.
Your review about the bike was not mentioning the tricky suspension setup process… Did you figure it out in the end?

And did anyone ever have problems with zinging rotors? I mean, riding on the street at 25 kmh and the back rotor is constantly zinging… checked for straightness - all parts straight…

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
I added 2 spacers to mine to help with bottom out. If you ride aggressive more spacers helps.

My rotors zing too. the hubs seem to have so play in them. Doesn't seem detrimental, but is annoying.

MPalli

Jan 22, 2022
Styria
I added 2 spacers to mine to help with bottom out. If you ride aggressive more spacers helps.

My rotors zing too. the hubs seem to have so play in them. Doesn't seem detrimental, but is annoying.

Maybe it’s just me - but a constantly zinging rotor is really annoying on a brandnew bike costing 7,500 Euros!?
It’s funny how the rattl
Here’s a recording for your listening pleasure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles