2020 Jam2 Bosch CX and Fox X2 fitment

Cleach20

Mar 16, 2021
South Korea
Bummer. Thanks for posting Cleach, this was a mod I was curious about fitting to a medium size frame as well ?
Yea man it really sucks! I was really looking forward to riding that dpx2 on there! I really want a piggyback shock as I’m fairly heavy rider and I ride pretty hard! I’m waiting for my Fox 38 for the front and want something better on the rear

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands
Hey all!
I work in a bike shop in Brisbane Australia and had the opportunity to steal a Rockshox Super Delux from a Jam 8.9 to see if it fits in my LARGE jam2 6.8. it fits with a few mm to spare. Got pics of it next to a DPX2 to show size difference as I know that is the one everyone is asking about. The DPX2 in the pic wont fit the jam as its the wront stroke and eye to eye but atleast you will get an idea of size. I think it will fit a Large fine.

View attachment 49435

View attachment 49436

View attachment 49437

View attachment 49438

View attachment 49439

View attachment 49440
I can confirm that the Rockshox delux reservoir fouls the downtube on a size medium, unfortunately.

Runner

Nov 2, 2022
Bavaria
I answer to my self and all you how are wondering will fox dpx2 fit jam2.
Frame is XL
Long time no wew comment here. You all got new bike already? :LOL:

I also changed the damper in my Jam² XL to a DPX2.
Original: Description: 2021, FLOAT DPS, P-S, A, 3pos, Evol LV, Focus, Jam², 210, 55, 0.2 Spacer, LCM, LRM, CMF, Standard Logo
New: Description: 2021, FLOAT DPX2, P-S, A, 3pos, Evol LV, Yeti, SB140, 210, 55, CDZ002, RDZ002, Rezi M F M, Standard Logo

@ All, who got a DPX2 in the Jam² XL, would you share the settings and tunings of the damper, adjusted air pressure along with your riders weight?

I just changed mine from the DPS to the DPX2. But to get 19 mm of SAG I already need 300 psi at my 85 kg including baggage!? Haven't tried to reach the intended 14 mm (equ. the 25% SAG). I first would have to buy another pump which does more than 300 psi. Something seems wrong to me.

1. I'm worried about the high pressure needed for the DPX2 I got.
2. I'm worried about the config the DPX2 has, compared with the original DPX2, but can't figure out the meaning of the codes.
Any ideas/help around to this? Many thanks (y)

Megapop

Aug 21, 2023
Australia
So, does it fit or not as the air can seems pretty bulky? If not, what about other shocks with piggyback like Mara Pro or DPX2 (upside down ofc). Do the piggybacks fit or does it get caught by the downtube?

The stock Fox DPS is almost as bad choice as the 34 Rhythm fork for this kind of a bike.
Focus Jam2 6.9 2021 Large size frame

….If you can live without the 150mm rear travel down to approximately 136mm with a DPX2 try this.

Fox 5mm travel spacer
The shock will require full disassembly to fit the Fox part

The 2.5mm spacer I didn’t try. Wanted peace of mind for the mega bottom outs that the piggyback won’t touch the down tube.

Last edited:

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
Large Jam2 with 210 x 55 DPX2
Muddy Focus.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles