2020 Giant stance ebike

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
Do the Stance and the Trance share the same motor ?
I think it's the Sport on Stance and Pro on Trance so the axle might not be the same and the spider too.
also on Giant website it is written 104BCD for Stance E+

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Do the Stance and the Trance share the same motor ?
I think it's the Sport on Stance and Pro on Trance so the axle might not be the same and the spider too.
also on Giant website it is written 104BCD for Stance E+

I don't know if the motor is the same, but someone else on here put a Trance E+ spider on their Fathom E+ and it seemed to go on fine so I'm assuming the same can be done for the Stance.

EDIT: correction, they took a spider from a Full-E+ Will this spider for the Full E+ fit the Fathom E+3? - EMTB Forums
But it seems the motors use the same spline pattern regardless.

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Hi I have a 2020 Giant stance ebike with a 38T chainring. Can I replace the 38T with a 44T or even a 46T?
I do not use my ebike offroad.
Don't know about the Stance E, but I was able to change my stock 36T Praxis steel chainring to an alloy one on my 2019 Trance E - because I also previously tried a 34T and a 38T. I had to get conventional spider bolts/nuts because the stock Praxis chainring is threaded not like conventional chainrings.

Just a heads up if you want to go higher number of teeth for your chainring... our Class-1 eMTBs have a pedal assist limiter, so once you reach speeds higher than the legally designated assist limit (32kph where I'm from, I think 25kph elsewhere) you're gonna be pedalling much harder on your own with no motor assistance. Not a biggie really, it's just that with a 44T or 46T (also check if the larger diameter won't hit your swingarm) the top speeds you're gonna achieve with your smallest cassette cog 11T (or 10T) is not gonna be much fun.

In my case on my Trance, the highest ratio (36T to 11T) reaches 32kph at a respectable fast cadence (not crazy fast) and I can feel when the motor assist cuts off. I don't have any reason to go faster on paved flats - by exerting more effort. On slight descends I can easily achieve close to 50kph with the stock ratio (and eventually don't even need to pedal) just like any one can do even on a manual bike. In my case the stock gearing is just right for commuting and also trail riding... and didn't really gain any benefit when I changed my chainring from 36T to 38T... and didn't consider 40T which would've been worse. YMMV

Struthbooth

Nov 20, 2019
Perth Western Australia
I put a bigger one on my 2020 Stance E+2.
I also have speedbox 2 installed so would run out of gears. I located and bought a spider off a Trance E and fitted a 40 tooth to it.
I find it better for cruising and faster speeds (25-35kph) and saves the cassette as I spend less time in the smaller cogs

image.jpg

Clariss

Mar 6, 2022
Calgary
@Strutbooth, what spider did you use. Stance e+ doesnt come with a spider but uses a direct mount chainring.

Struthbooth

Nov 20, 2019
Perth Western Australia
I purchased a spider off a Trance so I could put a different chainring on. The Trance ones fit Stance as well.
I got it from a Giant Spares website. Somewhere in UK or Europe I think. They shipped to Aus fine.

Struthbooth

Nov 20, 2019
Perth Western Australia
I’m pretty sure that one won’t fit. The one I bought was from a bike parts store in Switzerland. The was a ‘Yamaha PW-SE Spider W0024 Boost’ which the same as the trance one.

Here is a link to the website -https://www.stdistribution.ch/shop/kurbelgarnituren-kettenblaetter/36579-yamaha-pw-se-spider-w0024-boost.html?search_query=Yamaha+PW-SE+Spider&results=10006

Hope this helps.

Cheers Andrew

C45F5293-B496-489F-BCD2-512873044A49.png

E2C2CD77-087E-4764-ACA8-EFD72FF98AEE.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles