2020 Decathlon Stilus maintenance and repair

Buzz720

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
If you havn't done the new Bosch update, maybe worth getting it done before you get an Error come up mid ride. Like what happened to me. Lucky it was all down hill to the bike shop

TheSwede

Aug 23, 2020
Sweden
Hi. I happened to damage a bolt on the frame. Rounded alen key. Decathlon in Sweden did not have spare parts in its range. Does anyone have any idea where to find this bolt?

20200823_110332.jpg

20200823_110049.jpg

Last edited:

Buzz720

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
Hi. I happened to break a bolt on the frame. Decathlon in Sweden did not have spare parts in its range. Does anyone have any idea where to find this bolt?

View attachment 38683

View attachment 38684

Hi. I happened to break a bolt on the frame. Decathlon in Sweden did not have spare parts in its range. Does anyone have any idea where to find this bolt?

View attachment 38683

View attachment 38684
Woow nice work breaking that! I guess a good hard ware store to try find somthing simular. Would be a shame if decathlon cant order the part for you?

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury

View attachment 38683

View attachment 38684

View attachment 38683

View attachment 38684
Hi did you have any luck with the bolt? Mine just stripped on the shock mount the Alan fixing is oversize on all the bolts so metric Alan keys wobble too much plus mine were far too tight so much my shock was locked, I’ve emailed decathlon uk but probably have no success in a replacement bolt set.

TheSwede

Aug 23, 2020
Sweden
Hi did you have any luck with the bolt? Mine just stripped on the shock mount the Alan fixing is oversize on all the bolts so metric Alan keys wobble too much plus mine were far too tight so much my shock was locked, I’ve emailed decathlon uk but probably have no success in a replacement bolt set.
I have not been able to get a replacement. I rounded the Allen key but I have temporarily used a torx key instead. I will contact Decathlon Sweden again next week.

Jon0881

Aug 28, 2020
Lancashire
So when it comes to batteries I get that storage is best 30-60%. I think it’s also suggested to use it between the same 30-60% range ideally. Some say 80%. I guess this is just to get the most cycles out the pack before it’s dead. What are your guys routines?

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
So when it comes to batteries I get that storage is best 30-60%. I think it’s also suggested to use it between the same 30-60% range ideally. Some say 80%. I guess this is just to get the most cycles out the pack before it’s dead. What are your guys routines?

Charge it until it's full, ride it until it's flat.

TheSwede

Aug 23, 2020
Sweden

The advantages of Bosch batteries
No memory effect
Bosch batteries with lithium-ion cells can be charged quickly irrespective of your charge level at any time. Interruptions of the charging process do not harm the battery. Complete discharge is not required.

Extremely low self-discharge
Even after long periods of storage, e.g. over winter, the battery can be used without recharging. This means Bosch rechargeable batteries do not need to be recharged after a long break in use. For longer storage, a charge status of approx. 30 to 60% is recommended.

Long service life
Bosch batteries are designed for lots of trips, miles and years of service. The intelligent, electronic Bosch Battery Management System (BMS) protects lithium-ion batteries from extreme temperatures, overcharging, and excessive discharge.

Jon0881

Aug 28, 2020
Lancashire
Thanks. There’s so much mixed information about when it comes to batteries. Similar chemistry in laptops and mobile phones and we charge those to 100% and run them empty I.e deep discharge. For car packs they say 80% is the norm for longevity. Might explain why the mobile phone lasts a hell of a lot less but in fairness there are more cycles.

TheSwede

Aug 23, 2020
Sweden
I have not been able to get a replacement. I rounded the Allen key but I have temporarily used a torx key instead. I will contact Decathlon Sweden again next week.
Decathlon in Sweden has not managed to find a replacement bolt. They urged me to contact Bosch as according to Decathlon they are the ones who built the bike ... If anyone has any good contacts with Decathlon or Bosch? so I would be grateful if it was possible to find this bolt.

20200823_110049.jpg

TheSwede

Aug 23, 2020
Sweden
I spoke to them in store yesterday and they can’t get any parts ?
Decathlon should instruct all staff in the correct procedure how to order parts for the bike. And according to Decathlon, the right way is for them to order parts from Lombardo after they have received the serial number on the bike.

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
Decathlon should instruct all staff in the correct procedure how to order parts for the bike. And according to Decathlon, the right way is for them to order parts from Lombardo after they have received the serial number on the bike.
They didn’t ask for that I tuck it along but he said they was no way of order spares for the bike . I might have to go to another store

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
I was sent to the parts page on Decathlon website I guess to shut me up however you can’t buy the pivot bolts, Decathlon need to source these as the material is crap.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles