Article 2020 Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Review

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
been trying to get one for my nipper, cant be found for love or money !
Looks like the 2021 is imminent!

Better tyres and Zeb fork..

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Looks like the 2021 is imminent!

Better tyres and Zeb fork..
thanks man, I didnt even think of that... I would hang on for that zeb fork alone !

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Cool. I am loving my 160 TM. For my riding style it is perfect. I love trails tight and technical, a bit of downhill but normally I keep my tyres on the ground. Maybe I don't need the 160mm and 140 would be enough, but I love the agility and steering lightness you get with the27.5 wheels over the 29 wheels. and A bit more suspension comes in handy occasionally.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Cool. I am loving my 160 TM. For my riding style it is perfect. I love trails tight and technical, a bit of downhill but normally I keep my tyres on the ground. Maybe I don't need the 160mm and 140 would be enough, but I love the agility and steering lightness you get with the27.5 wheels over the 29 wheels. and A bit more suspension comes in handy occasionally.

Same , same bro .
Had a 2019 140 loved it . Would have bought the 2020 140 if it had 27.5 wheels .
Found the 2020 160 an upgrade in several areas . Stronger motor [now with new firm ware even better ! ] . Bit more travel so not bottomed out where I used to . Bit more aggressive geometry , bigger battery .

Only thing I miss is shimano gears .XT is just a little smoother and has the multiple shift feature . SRAM 1 click at a time . Magura brake are a PIA to get bled correctly . But when set up properly are very good .

Very much enjoying the 160 .

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
thanks man, I didnt even think of that... I would hang on for that zeb fork alone !

That tyre combo was what I had on my Stereo Hyb 140 - Assegai and DHR II .
This time put an Assegai in the front , left the Hans Dampf on the back . So far Hans is doing good . Means I have a spare rear when this one is worn out .

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Great review Rob and I love the site. :)

But pleeeease can you stop using Newton-metres and watts as interchangeable terms for power. As an engineer it grates a bit. :eek:

Watts is a measure for power
Watt-hours for energy
Newton-Metres for torque

You are not the only reviewer that does this by the way. I just chose to correct you because this is my favourite site. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles