2019 Vitus e sommet

craigy2782

Nov 22, 2018
fareham hampshire
Really loving the VR + E7000 unit amazing bike for the money eats my 2018 hybrid cube stereo 140SL for breakfast
With the £500 saving on the basic model I’ve managed to purchase 2nd battery ?

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Hi, I did start a thread about bike choices in the Novice section but I guess this is the place for a more Vitus specific question.
What are the main advantages of the VR over the basic model? I'm looking at buying an e-bike soon and the VR was high up on my short list. Reading this thread has made me seriously look at the non VR model, I'm not really a full on rider so I don't need top spec stuff which seems to be on the more expensive bike.
A quick Google shows up very little regarding a comparison of these two bikes, what's the general consensus on here?

craigy2782

Nov 22, 2018
fareham hampshire
I ride the southern enduro trails @ QECP every weekend
I wouldn’t Benefit from anything better in my opinion once the suspension is dialled in it’s awesome, brakes are just as good as my XT on the cube, the E7000 is way powerful enough this bike has 10% off just over £2800 amazing value amazing bike

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Yeah I've seen it's about a grand cheaper than the VR now, the Yorkshireman in me has been well and truly awoken :LOL:
So the non VR model would be more suited to a general rider like me? A weekend warrior if you will lol.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah I've seen it's about a grand cheaper than the VR now, the Yorkshireman in me has been well and truly awoken :LOL:
So the non VR model would be more suited to a general rider like me? A weekend warrior if you will lol.
it's an absolute bargain mate.
Fit a charger damping cart from a Lyrik to the yari (£170ish) and there'd be zero difference in performance between the two

The 10 speed drivetrain is also massively cheaper to replace if you're a mile/chain muncher. 11-42 gearing range is fine too.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles