2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Any idea where to buy Levo 2019 rock guard? Broke mine.

You ppl use some kind of bash or extra rock guard?
=======================================
Hi,

I have just bought one called a "Stand Up". I've had one outing using it and I gave it a good bash on a fallen tree... worked perfectly.
I can see this guard being fantastic as the motor casing is easily cracked (I've previously done it!)

I it's an Italian company that operates through Facebook- here is a link (I hope)
https://en-gb.facebook.com/StandUpMTB/
Cheers
Stevo

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Todays ride out.

IMG_3831.jpg

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Thanks Jonny

Acceleration response is set to 40% across all 3 modes. What settings do you run with?
I have mine set to 60% , I only find the over run noticable in turbo mode, and I use it to my advantage when climbing steep rooty sections.
I can ride up to the obstruction stop pedaling to avoid a pedal strike and the bike carrys me over it.
It's true, but it also works against you, when say hopping up a wooden feature/step that is wet and at an angle. As I found out!

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Is it like a clunk, the same sort of noise your chain would make if it slipped down a cog?
Mine used to regularly do this when coasting and then getting back on the power, it would only do it once though.
It has since stopped, it was definitely coming from the motor though, like some ratchet engaging.
I have the same intermittent sound (like a chain jumping a cog like you said- but definitely coming from the motor area); it's a bit disconcerting as its fairly loud.
Is there anything official from Spesh? should I take it back to the dealer as I don't want to damage anything?

jimmyjam

Sep 10, 2018
Surrey Hills, UK
Is there anybody happy with the fork on base Levo model? I ordered the base model, still did not get it, because of delays ... After some recent reviews I am not sure if it was a good choice...
However, with my budget around 4500e I can not afford comp version, 2018 models are already sold out in LBS...
Should I start to think about some other brands again...? I like the brose motor though...
Please somebody tell me that the fork is ok:)

I wasn't happy with my base fork. It may be I didn't have the right setting... Anyhow I changed it for the Lyrik RC2 and love it. I bought the base model with a good discount and spent around £859 on forks, dropper, Derailleur, shifters & Guide RE brakes.

TMS

Apr 7, 2019
Finland
All the bikes you own is fine if you have not experienced anything better. Even if you think or know that there is something better out there, you/we are never satisfied. So let's just ride, eat, sleep and repeat. Sorry about my possibly bad English.

Levo Lution

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia
I wasn't happy with my base fork. It may be I didn't have the right setting... Anyhow I changed it for the Lyrik RC2 and love it. I bought the base model with a good discount and spent around £859 on forks, dropper, Derailleur, shifters & Guide RE brakes.
£859 for new components only or its already after deducting sale price of the original components?

goldo

Apr 19, 2019
atlanta
Anybody have a motor failure let? I have 550 miles on the my 2019 levo comp. Dropped it off Friday at the shop, They think I need a new motor as well. You can hear the motor spin up to max rpm when you been to pedal but the motor is applying very little force to the crank and slips. Failed sprag clutch? Hope Specialized has some motors in stock, itching to get back out on the bike now that the weather has turned.
I have a 2019 that totally quit after about 80 miles. Took it to my dealer who was on the phone with Specialized and it took them 3 weeks to get it back to me. I wasn't able to ride due to a dirt bike injury so that part didn't bother me. I consider it luck that it quit cause the old motor was loud when it got hot and the new one is very quiet which really helps in terms of enjoying the ride and not listening to motor whine. Now that I've been able to put more miles on it I'm finding the suspension really stinks. The forks are a poor excuse for a bike that cost as much as it does (mines just the comp). Now I'm forced with upgraded the suspension or selling the bike and getting something else. 9.9 powerfly??

Last edited:

Matt71

Mar 7, 2019
Lincolnshire
really liking my levo expert but on repeated bumps the bike feels like the headset is loose or pivot bolts arent tight but everything is as it should be. any ideas ?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
... feels like the headset is loose...

Check tightness of the SWAT CC steerer tube tool that comes on the 2019 carbon Levos. Some have needed to be snugged up a bit. There's a 5mm hex bolt that is accessed from below the fork crown.

Matt71

Mar 7, 2019
Lincolnshire
Check tightness of the SWAT CC steerer tube tool that comes on the 2019 carbon Levos. Some have needed to be snugged up a bit. There's a 5mm hex bolt that is accessed from below the fork crown.
yes the headset is tight but the feeling i get is similar to a loose headset or pivot linkage. but everything is tight. i was wondering if its the battery not being snug in the top of the downtube and moving slightly

Bhargis

Jan 22, 2019
Paris Texas
Has anyone tried running 30% sag on your 2019 S-Works Levo Fox 36 Fork? It is a total game changer!! It totally smoothes out the trail chatter and has still has enough mid stroke support for proper operation. I am 190lbs loaded with the three stock volume spacers installed.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Has anyone tried running 30% sag on your 2019 S-Works Levo Fox 36 Fork? It is a total game changer!! It totally smoothes out the trail chatter and has still has enough mid stroke support for proper operation. I am 190lbs loaded with the three stock volume spacers installed.

I wanted the standard ride height with 20% sag so i pulled out all the spacers, seemed to help with the harshness.

Bhargis

Jan 22, 2019
Paris Texas
I wanted the standard ride height with 20% sag so i pulled out all the spacers, seemed to help with the harshness.
I did the same thing at first until I read to run the 36 at 30% sag. I can't tell the small difference in the ride height but a huge difference in the ride. I have low and high-speed compression all the way open.

Levo Lution

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia
My LBS just called me (after 5 months from ordering) that there will be no more levos 2019 base model and my levo will not be delivered. I consider that very disrespectful from Specialized after I had been happy specialized customer for more than 17 years...
They have kept me waiting for 5 months, reassuring that already ordered bikes would definitely be delivered...and then told me that???

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
My LBS just called me (after 5 months from ordering) that there will be no more levos 2019 base model and my levo will not be delivered. I consider that very disrespectful from Specialized after I had been happy specialized customer for more than 17 years...
They have kept me waiting for 5 months, reassuring that already ordered bikes would definitely be delivered...and then told me that???

Sincerely sorry to hear this, I will PM you to get more information if that's OK. We are continuing to deliver 2019 Levos for several weeks yet, and at a considerable volume. This does depend on the date of orders that your retailer placed, frame size and specification but we'll gladly look into this for you.

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Rung Berkshire cycles today to enquire on any medium Levo 19
Really wanted Expert carbon in monster green / black but would consider anything
Just so happens one had just landed
Did me a cracking deal without even asking.
Picking it up tomorrow
Just a bit excited !!!

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Really wanted Expert carbon in monster green / black but would consider anything
Picking it up tomorrow
Just a bit excited !!!
Congrats on your purchase, you will love it?
A mate of mine was looking at that bike ,but he was too slow to decide, and now there's none left.
Snooze you lose!

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
Picking it up tomorrow
Just a bit excited !!!

Great stuff!

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Congrats on your purchase, you will love it?
A mate of mine was looking at that bike ,but he was too slow to decide, and now there's none left.
Snooze you lose!
Thanks Paul
Had to make a quick decision
Went from provisional enquiry to getting my card out in about 3mins ?
Been lusting after one for months so it wasn't too difficult really
Had my head seriously turned by the Decoy but honest self appraisal as well as dealer support and a killer price clinched the deal
Also ive bought an Ebike from overseas before and had nightmare problems that nearly broke me
Not suggesting this will be the case with YT but i couldn't risk it

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
How come some people have had bikes on order for months and still not getting them, yet other shops seem to have shop floor stock?

I posted this up elsewhere but my local, Finch Cycles in Reigate has both a Comp and Carbon Comp, both L, ready to roll out the door! They have been sitting in the shop for months.

IMG_5254.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles