2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Good evening to everyone. A few days ago I made this video to show the noise of my Levo 2019:

Today I went to the dealer who tried the bike and said that the noise is normal and there is nothing strange. It seems that the noise of the new Brose engine mounted on 2019 is higher than the 2018 model. That's all. So who buys the new model simply has to expect a bike noisier than the previous model. The retailer was kind and asked me to keep the situation under control. The fact is that there are no clear references on the question and the assessment risks becoming subjective.
08B1A94A-5840-4127-9829-3893D38581D0.jpeg

Hannes_3000

Sep 14, 2018
Stuttgart
They’re press / test wheels supplied free of charge, and DT Swiss want to show them off to EMTB riders ?
Good for you. In that case I would show them off as well on my bike ;) I'm about to order the EX 1501 wheelset, unfortunately the charge will be a lot higher, haha...
However, can you possibly tell us if you like the Maxxis DHF/DHR combination after you have done a few rides... According to what I've heard they are supposed to be great in dry conditions but not so much when it gets wet and muddy...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
However, can you possibly tell us if you like the Maxxis DHF/DHR combination after you have done a few rides... According to what I've heard they are supposed to be great in dry conditions but not so much when it gets wet and muddy...
Definitely. I may even change them for the regular EXO (the DH that they supplied are pretty heavy).

Scoobaru

Sep 6, 2018
Scotland
Can someone with a 2019 bike check the rear through axle thread length and pitch ? I fancy a DT Swiss RWS Quick Release axle instead of the simple bolt it comes with. The 2 options for 12x148mm are -
HWQASM00S2155S Thread M12 X 1.0 / Thread Length 15mm
HWQASM00S6778S Thread M12 X 1.5 / Thread Length 12mm

PHO_HWQASM00S9909S_WEB_SHO_901.jpg

I use one one my Strive and it works well if you need to remove the rear wheel often.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
If anyone is interested:

Stock Levo rear wheel, with stock 2.6 Butcher, tubeless, no disc weight:

IMG_2320.jpg

Last edited:

GunnyAmp

Aug 25, 2018
Gunnison, CO
I got lucky. My LBS ordered one XL Levo. I was going to order a comp carbon but ETA of Jan/Feb 2019 I jumped on this one.
Very Cool! I have been on a bit of a Levo whirlwind with the Base model ordered first, then delivery delayed, then Comp Carbon Ordered and a 2018 model delivered by mistake, now Base model ordered again and supposed to be shipping! So, looks like a yellow bike for me after all!

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Good evening to everyone. A few days ago I made this video to show the noise of my Levo 2019:

Today I went to the dealer who tried the bike and said that the noise is normal and there is nothing strange. It seems that the noise of the new Brose engine mounted on 2019 is higher than the 2018 model. That's all. So who buys the new model simply has to expect a bike noisier than the previous model. The retailer was kind and asked me to keep the situation under control. The fact is that there are no clear references on the question and the assessment risks becoming subjective.

Wow that is noisy. The quiet motor is one of the selling points in my view. Might cancel my order.

Last edited:

Andre Conway

Sep 3, 2018
Manchester
Any news on when they will start shipping again? I have a large S-Works order at the dealer demo day they said mid October originally but now I don’t know. Anyone know anything?

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Motor issues will be sorted way before you take delivery. My noisy faulty motor has been replaced.
I hope so. Chris at Berkshire cycles said he is due to get some in next week. Although I cant help but agree with something that someone else said on the forum earlier. They are underspec'ed for the price. Thats specialized though.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
It's an XL base model. I didn't weigh stock 22.5kg with pedals, fox transfer 150 and carbon sdg saddle. Pedals are only 235g out of interest. So I weighed the stock saddle and post and was quite shocked. It's about the same as the dropper. So I've probably put about 150g on it.

Would love to get under 20kg, but I'm not number chasing with this build.
IMG_20181015_202917137.jpeg
IMG_20181015_193754_068.jpeg

GunnyAmp

Aug 25, 2018
Gunnison, CO
.....but I’m having a hard time really justifying either over the Comp Alloy. Apart from the obvious materials, and the cork sniffery, is there any discernible difference between the Comp alloy and carbon models? The specs seem the same.

For 1.100 EUR extra you get Fox Shocks instead of Rock Shock and some fancy (no aluminium welds) Carbon frame with different colors. If you have to have Carbon, that this will always be in back of your mind, ooooo I ride Alloy. But in reality, with 20kg+ bike, really doesn't matter.
Than we would all say, carbon frame is much stiffer, big improvement in ride quality yada, yada, yada..
This is not a road bike or much lighter normal MTB. Most of us are not series competitors or ex Pro-s, that difference in Alloy vs Carbonon 20kg plus bike, would be that noticeable on our everyday rides.
For normal user, there all comes down to, I have to have Carbon and that is it, money is no problem, so Carbon is the way to go.:coffee:
For me personally, even Comp Alloy is not worth it, if we set aside color choices.
I went with Basis and will change right away all the components to new 4 pistons XT, was even thinking of new 4 piston XTR and old XTR 11 speed derailleur-shifter combo.
At the end, will have better components than Alloy and Carbon Comp and have different options available. Will sell all the original components from the bike and still have money to spare to buy better fork, maybe adding dropper post, etc.
Than why even change the components you would ask? Well, that is personal preference SRAM vs SHIMANO.;)

I agree with you point of view, except I am a newbie and will only add a dropper day one and then see if any of the stock components leave me lacking and upgrade as necessary. The bonus is the Hyper Green is my all time favorite color. It is going to sting a bit that once my wife rides mine she will want the Women’s Comp for $1k more than I spent but happy wife is happy life

Ditto, both are on order and supposed to ship next week!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles