2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

SambaMav

Nov 11, 2019
eMint6auce#
They do read these forums believe it or not ?
Happy to say, once I got in contact with a human, Evans did a sterling job. Organised the battery with RiderCareUK and a one hour turn around this Sunday morning in a very quiet Edinburgh, which was quite cool to wander around while waiting,
Thanks to everyone involved.

Porkchop

Jul 1, 2020
Colorado
My wife and I bought Specialized Kenevo and Levo pro comps in Oct. 2019. Two rides in and the Kenevo motor stopped working. It went back to the bike shop. 2 months and 2 motors later, I got it back. 1 ride in and the motor was making loud noises and turning itself on and off. Found a different bike shop in May, 2020. Here we are in July, 2020. The bike is still in the shop. Another motor is on order. In speaking with Specialized, they tell me I am out of luck even though the bike is under warranty. They refuse to do anything to make my very expensive bike work. Not happy with them at the moment.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
My wife and I bought Specialized Kenevo and Levo pro comps in Oct. 2019. Two rides in and the Kenevo motor stopped working. It went back to the bike shop. 2 months and 2 motors later, I got it back. 1 ride in and the motor was making loud noises and turning itself on and off. Found a different bike shop in May, 2020. Here we are in July, 2020. The bike is still in the shop. Another motor is on order. In speaking with Specialized, they tell me I am out of luck even though the bike is under warranty. They refuse to do anything to make my very expensive bike work. Not happy with them at the moment.
4 motors! I suspect there is more to this tale than you are saying because this is certainly not typical of specialized warranty or support from specialized dealers.

Porkchop

Jul 1, 2020
Colorado
4 motors! I suspect there is more to this tale than you are saying because this is certainly not typical of specialized warranty or support from specialized dealers.
The new motor is on order. Happy to report that someone read this. Specialized is trading my lemon for a brand new one.

SambaMav

Nov 11, 2019
eMint6auce#
On a positive note, now I have my new warranty battery. I have been able to give my upgrades a proper work out up here in the Scottish hills.

Upgrades:
Lyriks 160mm
Crane Creek Coil Shock
SamHill Pedals
Schwalbe E typres
Riminserts front and rear

Wow, the difference the suspension makes is fantastic, the bike is much better balanced and settles nicely into the support of the suspension. It feels very plush but supportive. Previous eBikes I have tried where front-heavy making jumps and drops tricky but the now the bike is a lot more neutral and a couple of turbo pedals I am dropping and jumping everything I do on my Capra.

The pedals are doing what good pedals should do, just getting on with it without being noticed. The tyres are a massive improvement over the stock rubber, especially with the rim0-inserts allowing lower pressures with no damage to the rim just yet.

Going to swap out the grips and more than likely Zee brakes at some point (just prefer Shimano brakes).

Cheers

SWORKSLOVER

Aug 20, 2020
Southern California
041BBE0B-7867-49AB-9624-0F3E8A9A0650.jpeg

artzicat1

Mar 3, 2019
israel
first ride as a mullet had no choice as the rear rovel wheel died twice switched from sram gx to XTR 11 speed plus revelation fork extended to 160 with new 2020 debonair plus rct3 cartridge plus DSD runt feels like a glove more playful
118725079_10221321505840885_2727185588041269620_o.jpg

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
just got my Levo. Trying to decide on inserts like cushcore and/or carbon rims...thoughts?
Defo not carbon rims....stupidly expensive for no substantial gain and a higher risk of terminal damage. As far as inserts are concerned I have never seen a need provided you match the tyre and pressure to the terrain you ride.

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
just got my Levo. Trying to decide on inserts like cushcore and/or carbon rims...thoughts?

High Rock Ruti
I bent an aluminum rim and straightened it with a pair of pliers.
I doubt a carbon rim would've survived. Weight does not seem to be a consideration at 43-55 pounds some claim they can feel the stiffness of carbon, I can't. I've installed cushcore in two out of three bikes, the new bike got a pinch (without) flat on the second ride. I yet to have flat since installing cushcore on the other two bikes. The ability to run very low pressures is also great for highly technical riding, I'm a fan.

Warm Regards

Ruti

Webby1805

Feb 9, 2019
Stonehaven
Hi! guys i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to bike maintenance(infact usually run them into the ground)but am looking for a new chain and cassette going to get a mate thats into bikes to do the work as I'm sure it won't be long before it starts slipping.
Thanks in advance for any help(y)

kiwibibo

Sep 26, 2020
Slovakia
Hi, i am new here, i have one maybe silly question... I have Turbo Levo 2016 Comp with Brose motor coded C16162-101. Can I change it for Brose T like this? BROSE T-ALU DRIVE UNIT
It looks exactly the same as mine, but i am not sure if software will cooperate with battery. Thanks

artzicat1

Mar 3, 2019
israel
latest edition blew a seal on my rock shox monarch so a good excuse i think don't you ?
just need to ride now see how it feels,have a feeling i'll need a stiffer coil :rolleyes:

IMG-20201025-WA0003.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-25 at 14.51.11.jpeg

shakeystart

Jun 23, 2020
1617daY
I could use some advice for a shock for the SL. I’m not loving the stock DPS shock. Marshall Mullen recommends the X2. So many options, but is there a general consensus on the best shock upgrade for the SL?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You dont need Specialized to tell you how to set up your suspension. both Rockshox and Fox have plenty of guidance on their kit and there are lots of videos on YT to help as well. That said any suspension set up is a compromise but at the very least you can optimise it for the type of riding you do. A super plush set up will be very comfortable and cope with most things an XC type ride would throw at it, and probably for most trail riding as well. It may not be ideal for jumping, or for bike park, or for more all mountain/Enduro type riding all of which would require a rather firmer set up..............but its your choice, and its easy to change.

ridesantacruz

Feb 4, 2020
Santa Cruz
I could use some advice for a shock for the SL. I’m not loving the stock DPS shock. Marshall Mullen recommends the X2. So many options, but is there a general consensus on the best shock upgrade for the SL?
I installed the DPX2 on my SL. The issue I had with the X2 is the range extender won't fit on a medium bike. I think it will on a L or XL. I got my DPX2 shock from someone who had a Yeti because they are same size shock but you need to tune the shock for the SL. There is a positive the negative side of the air chamber on the DPX2 shock. I took the negative air chamber spacer out of my SL float shock and put it in the DPX2. But I also needed to decrease the volume on the positive side so ordered spacers for the DPX2 shock because the Float spacer will not fit on the positive side, there are different diameters. Might seem technical but is actually really easy. The air chamber on the shock easily unscrews after you let all the air out. There are good videos on YouTube to explain how to change the air volume spacers. I like the DPX2 shock a lot better then the stock float. I weigh 180 lbs and typically ride flowing single track with some features and moderate drops. Ride the shock with about 215 PSI and 9 clicks out on the rebound.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles