2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

G TURBO

Dec 2, 2019
London
A thread for owners of the 2019 Levo. Post your pics and rides and feedback ?

First proper ride today.

View attachment 5318

IMG_20191218_150128-03.jpeg

rvdm

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Bought a new 2019 comp carbon with 700wh battery extra, since I found the 2020 carbon models a bit expensive. The expert coloring wasn't really to my taste, the s-works was but there the price is just silly and no one wants to sell a frameset apparently.
Invisiframe'd it. Upgraded the wheels, fork, drivetrain, brakes. ( Dt swiss HX1501, Lyrik ultimate rc2, XT 12 speed, Code RSC from another bike ).

Had a first ride today, super ride but the stock shock isn't keeping up. Not yet sure what I want.

IMG_20200308_132054.jpg
IMG_20200308_132042.jpg

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Bought a new 2019 comp carbon with 700wh battery extra, since I found the 2020 carbon models a bit expensive. The expert coloring wasn't really to my taste, the s-works was but there the price is just silly and no one wants to sell a frameset apparently.
Invisiframe'd it. Upgraded the wheels, fork, drivetrain, brakes. ( Dt swiss HX1501, Lyrik ultimate rc2, XT 12 speed, Code RSC from another bike ).

Had a first ride today, super ride but the stock shock isn't keeping up. Not yet sure what I want.

View attachment 27148 View attachment 27149

Fox X2 would be my go to. I have a DPX2 which is decent enough but I was buying again I would get the X2.

The bar ends on the Ergon's may pop out. I got some Hope Bar ends to stop that. Enjoy the bike..!

rvdm

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Thanks - Float X2 would definitely be nice. Most posts in this forum rave about coil shocks but I'm not sure I want the hassle of juggling different springs to find out my spring size ( never ridden a coil shock, I have one bike with a float x2 and an XC bike with a Monarch RT3 ).

Grips are ergon GE1 so there is no bar end, it's a one piece grip so I don't think the ends can pop out ( unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant with "bar end" )

Last edited:

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Thanks - Float X2 would definitely be nice. Most posts in this forum rave about coil shocks but I'm not sure I want the hassle of juggling different springs to find out my spring size ( never ridden a coil shock, I have one bike with a float x2 and an XC bike with a Monarch RT3 ).

Grips are ergon GE1 so there is no bar end, it's a one piece grip so I don't think the ends can pop out ( unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant with "bar end" )
Check out the Manitou McLeod as a rear shock option. I've used the super deluxe with and without the megneg, an Ohlins TTX coil and a Super Deluxe Vorsprung tuned coil shock and the McLeod is the best bang for buck out of them all on this bike.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk

View attachment 27148 View attachment 27149

How much post have you got left in the frame.. that looks like it's to far out?

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
How much post have you got left in the frame.. that looks like it's to far out?
My seatpost is extended just like that with 4" from the top of the clamp collet to the top of the outer tube and, yes, I am an orangutan. The frame seems to be dealing with the cantilever load ok but I did fracture a frame seat tube on another bike by not having a seatpost long enough...lesson learned.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
Double checked, it's OK ( the things the internet makes you do ;))
The frame's minimum insertion depth is 100mm, the post minimum insertion depth is also 100mm, it's in about ~130mm. Safe :)

Lol I know, 130mm should be fine, Levo carbon frames are a lot stronger than a normal frame.
As your 8'6" I'll not argue ?

Some frames would break just looking at that post ?

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Latest firmware version number.
Sorry if this has already been posted, but does anyone know what the latest firmware version is for the motor, display, and battery? I’m on a 2019 Levo expert. Thanks.

chovden

Aug 11, 2019
norway
I just got a 2019 expert from my dealer and had my first ride today, first it was a big upgrade from my 2018 Levo FSR and it felt more responsive and planted but I would not expect anything else.
but tonight I decided to set it up tubeless and found something I can not find any info on, according to specialized the expert have alloy wheels and standard rival hubs, but on my bike it has the bigger hubs and carbon rims is this supposed to be like this?
I have tried searching but not found any info.

Last edited:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
If you have hose connector barb it should be pretty easy, still youl'll have to remove rear shock (maybe not if you have some special short alen key) to have better access to loosen the hose clamps which are behind the shock ...

SambaMav

Nov 11, 2019
eMint6auce#
Hi all,
I have had my Levo for 6 months now, it is great. I upgraded to 160mm Lyrik and CranCreek coil shock but then like everyone else, it hasn't seen much use over the last few months.
So I go to charge now that lockdown is relaxed and my battery doesn't charge anymore.
I get the one flashing LED, which according to the manual is an 'Internal Problem, contact Retailer'.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I got the bike from Evans, I know but it was a good price but their customer service is on a 10 to 15 day response time! So struggling to get a warranty call started with Specialized over this. Anyone got a short cut to Specialized?

Thanks all

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Go to the nearest shop that sells Specialized bikes and claim a warranty on the battery. As the battery will be most probably just replaced with new you won't be charged (much) of labour/processing costs as the battery is just one-bolt installation ...

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Hi all,
I have had my Levo for 6 months now, it is great. I upgraded to 160mm Lyrik and CranCreek coil shock but then like everyone else, it hasn't seen much use over the last few months.
So I go to charge now that lockdown is relaxed and my battery doesn't charge anymore.
I get the one flashing LED, which according to the manual is an 'Internal Problem, contact Retailer'.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I got the bike from Evans, I know but it was a good price but their customer service is on a 10 to 15 day response time! So struggling to get a warranty call started with Specialized over this. Anyone got a short cut to Specialized?

Thanks all

Yes I had this. I charged it too soon after a turbo blast and it knackered a cell..

Changed under warranty no drama..

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
I've been getting out onto the byways and bridleways of Sussex and Kent during lockdown. Some obstacles are just too big. This is a byway just south of Ashford. I did report it to the Rights of Way department.
View attachment 32773

High Rock Ruti

What miracle of wind fall....and cut to fit.

I use a Dewalt 12 inch 20 volt chainsaw, I recently cut a 20 inch log across the trail and was asked by a local land owner to, re-cover the trail which I did by dragging some smaller ride-overable tree fall However these access squabbles are likely here to stay, at least with electric bikes we can "get out of Dodge" quickly

High Rock Ruti

What miracle of wind fall....and cut to fit.

I use a Dewalt 12 inch 20 volt chainsaw, I recently cut a 20 inch log across the trail and was asked by a local land owner to, re-cover the trail which I did by dragging some smaller ride-overable tree fall However these access squabbles are likely here to stay, at least with electric bikes we can "get out of Dodge" quickly
Going by the depth of the ruts, that byway was heavily cut up during the wet season. Of course it could have had twice the normal usage because the traffic had to turn around and go back because of the blockage.

The reason I got a 20kg kettlebell 50 swings every day and practice lifting the bike hikeabike style up and down the garden often for when you come across such obstacles! ?
I have no problem with upper body strength and lifting the bike. I turned back because I didn't fancy having to do it again having gone further down the track and finding another unclimbable blockage. I have lifted it over and across a kissing gate.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles