2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

FOG777

Jul 10, 2019
Germany
Thanks for sharing. Your picture is with or without the plastic mudguard? Can you close it well or is the zipper under strain?
Thanks

The pic is with the plastic mudguard, the zippers have a little bit of strain. But I usually dismount the guard to have absolute zero strain and the extra 30 seconds to change the guard is not a dealbreaker for me :)

WLEBay

Sep 18, 2019
San Francisco, CA
I picked up a new 2019 S-Works this week. Just curious if any other S-Works owners have comments on the appearance of the frame? The "Oil Slick Chameleon" painted portion of the bike is stunning, especially in the sunlight as it shifts between purple and green... very happy with that. The rest of the flat black carbon looks pretty shitty to me. I don't know what process they use to coat the carbon, but I'm a bit disappointed for a $12K bicycle. Opinions? Explanations?

The raw carbon definitely shows the underlying layup. Mine as well. At first I thought the clear coat was scratched but the look changes based on the angle. I am now used to it and all good.

WLEBay

Sep 18, 2019
San Francisco, CA
My expert same matt black seems very easily marked I got touch up paint but it sticks out . Will see what its like in a year respray worse scenario but as you say not good enough for a bike of that price

I just covered the whole thing in a wrap from Inivisiframe and the kit is amazing. Very precisely cut and the matte / gloss combo perfectly matches the matte / gloss painted areas on the S-Works.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I just covered the whole thing in a wrap from Inivisiframe and the kit is amazing. Very precisely cut and the matte / gloss combo perfectly matches the matte / gloss painted areas on the S-Works.
Yes if you are capable of doing stuff like that great im too cack handed as we say . Never heard or seen invisiframe to be honest. 4 month old expert more scratches on it than my 5 year old Nicolai .

goldo

Apr 19, 2019
atlanta
I'd just like to add that I too had this issue, had the bike since March. Whining noise, no power. My local dealer has now idled about a month, waiting for a new engine. Not impressed. Love the ride, but a noisier ride would be better than no ride :p
My motor quit after I had the bike about a month but the dealer replaced it with the newer version and I haven't had any problems since.

goldo

Apr 19, 2019
atlanta
Hope this is the right place for this question, if the s-works is supposed to be the top of the line bike why don't they use the Fox dpx2 as the rear shock, is it not considered to be the top of the line fox? The price difference if any would be peanuts to the one that it comes with, the DPS.
Is the DPS considered a better match?

biclas

Aug 9, 2019
Caneças, Portugal
Hi there,
owner of a 2019 turbo levo expert and so far so good: 700km and zero problems.
However i'm planing some upgrades, starting with the rear shock. Has anyone tried a DVO Topaz air 3 in a turbo levo? If so, how does it handles?

Thanks
Biclas

WLEBay

Sep 18, 2019
San Francisco, CA
Not sure. I upgraded to the DPX2 and the rebound seemed higher than the stock DPS so I sent back to Fox. They apparently revalved it but still seems lighter than DPS. At this point sort of wishing I stuck with the DPS due to the hassle of sorting this mess out.

Hope this is the right place for this question, if the s-works is supposed to be the top of the line bike why don't they use the Fox dpx2 as the rear shock, is it not considered to be the top of the line fox? The price difference if any would be peanuts to the one that it comes with, the DPS.
Is the DPS considered a better match?

sealey78

Oct 22, 2019
Surrey
Hi all, not owned a levo before. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2019 expert as they are reduced loads on rutland cycles. Is it worth saving the money and going for an Comp? I'm a weekend warrior doing around 30km of singletrack, moving up from a Cube hardtail.

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hi all, not owned a levo before. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2019 expert as they are reduced loads on rutland cycles. Is it worth saving the money and going for an Comp? I'm a weekend warrior doing around 30km of singletrack, moving up from a Cube hardtail.
I think the expert comes with the 700wh battery and I'd pay the extra for that alone personally. I have a 500wh and a spare 500wh (unused as it would be a pain to carry). I'd much prefer the 700.

sealey78

Oct 22, 2019
Surrey
I think the expert comes with the 700wh battery and I'd pay the extra for that alone personally. I have a 500wh and a spare 500wh (unused as it would be a pain to carry). I'd much prefer the 700.
Okay great, would be good to get the extra distance in, do you know how much extra you would get in the real world? It's at 25% off so will probably be the cheapest I will ever get an expert for! Excited to take the plunge

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
Okay great, would be good to get the extra distance in, do you know how much extra you would get in the real world? It's at 25% off so will probably be the cheapest I will ever get an expert for! Excited to take the plunge
I think it's a linear increase so you'll get an extra 40% in range over the 500w/h. On my 500w/h Levo I've seen range as much as 100km using BLevo and 180watt leg power threshold. Just depends on how many hills and how much you weigh...?

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire

I believe they reckon you get 40% extra range. I haven't run out yet with 500wh but it can get a bit antsy if you're not sure how much further you have to go.

I did 18.4miles on the Paradise Trail with around 1800ft of climbing and used 68% (339Wh) . I reckon I could get around 30 miles taking it a bit easier but what's the point of that ?. With the 700Wh the bike would last longer than me.

sealey78

Oct 22, 2019
Surrey
I think it's a linear increase so you'll get an extra 40% in range over the 500w/h. On my 500w/h Levo I've seen range as much as 100km using BLevo and 180watt leg power threshold. Just depends on how many hills and how much you weigh...?
Thanks all! Great to know about the range. Looks too good to turn up over the comp, great excuse to get more miles in ?

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Thanks all! Great to know about the range. Looks too good to turn up over the comp, great excuse to get more miles in ?
Yeah, I paid full price for the comp just before the release of the 2020s, my LBS did feel sorry for me afterwards and gave me an extra battery which was really good of them. 25% off is roughly the price of the 2020 comp and you get the carbon frame, headtube SWAT, Pike etc. If I was buying now I'd still get the discounted expert over the '20 comp.

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Not sure. I upgraded to the DPX2 and the rebound seemed higher than the stock DPS so I sent back to Fox. They apparently revalved it but still seems lighter than DPS. At this point sort of wishing I stuck with the DPS due to the hassle of sorting this mess out.
Curious on this also. I found a deal on a new take off a s works Dps to upgrade the rock shox that came on the expert. The dpx2 sounds like it’s supposed to be a good bit better. Considering reselling it to fund dpx2. Seems odd s works doesn’t come with dpx2.

WLEBay

Sep 18, 2019
San Francisco, CA
I agree. Since 210 is the overall length and was limited to 52.5 it should be fine. Note that I believe it’s possible that a 210x55 will work but I am not positive. I have read About people doing that on these boards but I was worried about frame interference at max travel so I just went with stock.

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
I agree. Since 210 is the overall length and was limited to 52.5 it should be fine. Note that I believe it’s possible that a 210x55 will work but I am not positive. I have read About people doing that on these boards but I was worried about frame interference at max travel so I just went with stock.
Now you have my attention. If I can find a deal on a 210x55 I may give it a go. It looks like that size is more common.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
The DPX2 is hard to fit a full bottle cage on as it has the Piggyback on it, supposed to far better for long gnarly descents to stop the can overheating. I doubt they would stock fit that with that design flaw. It's a fair bit more expensive than the DPS so over the course over however many bikes they sell that's quite a saving for them..

Very happy with mine..I use a bladder not a bottle cage which is the only drawback but you can fit a kids one in there.

WLEBay

Sep 18, 2019
San Francisco, CA
What valve (compression/rebound) setup do you have on the DPX2?

The DPX2 is hard to fit a full bottle cage on as it has the Piggyback on it, supposed to far better for long gnarly descents to stop the can overheating. I doubt they would stock fit that with that design flaw. It's a fair bit more expensive than the DPS so over the course over however many bikes they sell that's quite a saving for them..

Very happy with mine..I use a bladder not a bottle cage which is the only drawback but you can fit a kids one in there.

WLEBay

Sep 18, 2019
San Francisco, CA
I watched Jeff Kendall-Weed's video on setting it up. Seems to work pretty good but wouldn't mind renting a ShockWiz or getting a custom tune..

Sorry should have clarified: What is the stock valve tune your DPX2 came with from Fox? Mine was configured for a Trek Fuel so had to send back to Fox for a re-valve.

(Understand that compression and rebound are externally adjustable. Different question above)

Galion

Sep 20, 2019
Brazil
Sorry should have clarified: What is the stock valve tune your DPX2 came with from Fox? Mine was configured for a Trek Fuel so had to send back to Fox for a re-valve.

(Understand that compression and rebound are externally adjustable. Different question above)

Yikes! Suscribed.
I just ordered a 52.5mm DPX2

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles