2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Mmmm...not sure I would choose carbon as an impact protector .....impact resistance is the achilles heel of carbon composite unless the cloth is a kevlar or similar weave. Poly seems a better option to me.

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
I’m in my 4th week of ownership of a Turbo Levo Comp. I have put 210 miles on it, from rocky single to Bike park groomed trails and downhill runs.

This week I cleaned out the motor area behind the cover. Dang, so simple, unbolt the left crank and cover bolts. I used compressed air to blow out the desert debris and wiped down. The power cable looked good and it’s connection was solid. It took me 20 minutes or so to do that.

Previously, I cleaned both ends of the Roseburg plug and put some electronic specific anti corrosion stuff on them and wiped dry ( if not wiped down I got a Battery not Found code).

Next week, I have Fox E-bike 36’s coming as well as the DPX2, the stock suspension doesn’t give me enough compression or rebound adjustability (my personal preference).

I have experimented with tuning, and to date I like zero acceleration response, now I can easily wheelie over stuff. In eco I’m at 25/35, trail 35/100. I love that I can keep my heart rate between 125-150 for the duration of my ride, and then I can use shuttle(60%) to return in the 100+degree heat I ride in.

So sick!!?

stoffen

Aug 27, 2019
Oslo
Hey all

Has anyone here had motor fails (specifically with the belt/gears going bad). I am on my third motor fail since I got the bike in Feb. I think I just got a lemon as I have not really heard this happening to anyone else but curious.

Love the bike...when it works. ;)

I'd just like to add that I too had this issue, had the bike since March. Whining noise, no power. My local dealer has now idled about a month, waiting for a new engine. Not impressed. Love the ride, but a noisier ride would be better than no ride :p

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Mike the 19 Levo guard from Amygos is here AMYGOS - carter Levo ,carbone 2019

no real need for an English version I reckon but if you need help I'm sure @Zimmerframe or @Mydriaze would be happy.

my concern on the Amygos is it's going to lower the bb strike point by several more mm, and I'm getting plenty of strikes already.

my terrain is forest too, it's log rolls and drops rather than rocks that are the problem.
Berkshire make an aluminium cover bolts on using battery bolt. Bulky bit of kit but amount of rocks rattling off it I am so glad I have it . I'm getting used to the difference compared to non e bike and not getting near as many pedal and crank strikes 350 miles now. Still smiling all the way.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I’m in my 4th week of ownership of a Turbo Levo Comp. I have put 210 miles on it, from rocky single to Bike park groomed trails and downhill runs.

This week I cleaned out the motor area behind the cover. Dang, so simple, unbolt the left crank and cover bolts. I used compressed air to blow out the desert debris and wiped down. The power cable looked good and it’s connection was solid. It took me 20 minutes or so to do that.

Previously, I cleaned both ends of the Roseburg plug and put some electronic specific anti corrosion stuff on them and wiped dry ( if not wiped down I got a Battery not Found code).

Next week, I have Fox E-bike 36’s coming as well as the DPX2, the stock suspension doesn’t give me enough compression or rebound adjustability (my personal preference).

I have experimented with tuning, and to date I like zero acceleration response, now I can easily wheelie over stuff. In eco I’m at 25/35, trail 35/100. I love that I can keep my heart rate between 125-150 for the duration of my ride, and then I can use shuttle(60%) to return in the 100+degree heat I ride in.

So sick!!?
I was wondering about putting a mesh over the hole in the bottom I think any dirt water is coming in from underneath. Don't like the idea of taking that crank off too many times. Definitely need a torque wrench for it as well.

SmackIt

Jul 21, 2019
Reno
I picked up a new 2019 S-Works this week. Just curious if any other S-Works owners have comments on the appearance of the frame? The "Oil Slick Chameleon" painted portion of the bike is stunning, especially in the sunlight as it shifts between purple and green... very happy with that. The rest of the flat black carbon looks pretty shitty to me. I don't know what process they use to coat the carbon, but I'm a bit disappointed for a $12K bicycle. Opinions? Explanations?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I picked up a new 2019 S-Works this week. Just curious if any other S-Works owners have comments on the appearance of the frame? The "Oil Slick Chameleon" painted portion of the bike is stunning, especially in the sunlight as it shifts between purple and green... very happy with that. The rest of the flat black carbon looks pretty shitty to me. I don't know what process they use to coat the carbon, but I'm a bit disappointed for a $12K bicycle. Opinions? Explanations?
My expert same matt black seems very easily marked I got touch up paint but it sticks out . Will see what its like in a year respray worse scenario but as you say not good enough for a bike of that price

Botts101

Patreon
Jun 26, 2018
Carlsbad, California
Has anyone put on a new rear brake/cable? I'm curious how the rear cable routes. I'm going to put on Hopes.

South Dakota:

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.59.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 10.00.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.58.06 AM.png

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Update: bb hits on logs broke the Rockguardz in 3 rides. Unfortunate but to be fair to it it's designed for protecting against flying rocks not weight of bike and rider on log. I won't be chasing them for a replacement.

Leobs81

Sep 10, 2019
Italy
Guys.... happy to be part of this group since this morning....
Turbo Levo Expert on my hands !
Got the best deal I coukd get of a used 110 km ??? at a great price.

Great bike... super plush rear... but the front is chattering a bit when full speed on rock gardens... probably it need to get some mileage on it , but the structure seems to be on the butter side especially coming from a carbon lefty ?

LRM_EXPORT_67974932623029_20190914_170328126.jpeg

Leobs81

Sep 10, 2019
Italy
Talking about frame protection I just ordered the Chamaleon skin protection kit for the Levo, it's an Italian conpany, the guy is super fast replying.

Leobs81

Sep 10, 2019
Italy
By the way... since this morning I'm part of this family ?

Found a great used.. 110 km 3 battery cycles turbo levo 2019 expert size S and I bought it.

Already bring to the tracks and super happy with the plush rear.. not really convinced by the Pike that was hard and really chattering on full speed rock gardens.

Probably it need some time to loose bushings.
Keep going testing it..
LRM_EXPORT_67974932623029_20190914_170328126.jpeg

AndyH

Jun 23, 2019
Portsmouth

Found a great used.. 110 km 3 battery cycles turbo levo 2019 expert size S and I bought it.

Already bring to the tracks and super happy with the plush rear.. not really convinced by the Pike that was hard and really chattering on full speed rock gardens.

Keep going testing it..
View attachment 18587
Welcome to the family - you will love it, rock gardens, trails, drops jumps and all!

Vaklev

Aug 29, 2019
Canada
Hey guys, the maintenance tips say we should unplug the Levo as soon as it's done charging, far too often I plug it in for charging late at night after I'm done riding and leave the power cable plugged into the bike overnight, what are the risks involved other than fire, can it actually deteriorate the battery if it's left charging after full for 6-8 hours or is this fine?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Hey guys, the maintenance tips say we should unplug the Levo as soon as it's done charging, far too often I plug it in for charging late at night after I'm done riding and leave the power cable plugged into the bike overnight, what are the risks involved other than fire, can it actually deteriorate the battery if it's left charging after full for 6-8 hours or is this fine?

There is no issue in doing this. The charger cuts out when reaching the the set voltage, and the battery monitoring system inside the battery pack also stops the pack from getting overcharged. No issuein leavingit plugged in.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
...such trust in simple mass produced electronic components! No way would I leave a charger connected to a 500/700 W/h battery unsupervised!

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
Welcome to the forum Fabio,
I saw a photo of your brother on the cover of a paperback:
(Yeah, I'm jealous & that isn't me in the upper corner)
1568849706061.jpeg

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London

No issue but the Charger uses 16w of electricity when plugged in and not in use (so I've heard on other threads on this excellent forum)

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway

Keep going testing it..
View attachment 18587
Welcome to the Forums :)

For the Pike up front on the expert, it's usually quite decent from my understanding, though if you can't make it work good for you with some tweaking and maybe a lower leg refresh service, then there are plenty of options open to you, all from updating the damper assembly with one of the readily available kits all the way to swapping the entire fork for one that suits you better. a lot of people on here done both of those.

Woody1966

Sep 9, 2019
Italy
Thanks for sharing. Your picture is with or without the plastic mudguard? Can you close it well or is the zipper under strain?
Thanks

For those of you thinking about carrying a spare battery...
I purchased an Evoc Blackline FR Enduro 16l in XL and the battery fits inkluding the lower plastic cap. Maybe a solution for some of you, especially because the 500 wh battery is pretty cheap to have. I bought one for 399 Euros in a LBS.
Cheers

View attachment 15949 View attachment 15950

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles