2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

GezIOM

Apr 12, 2019
Isle of Man
Well, I am the proud owner of a new base model Levo, unfortunately I haven't got my hands on it yet. Went into my LBS early March to buy one - they did have three on order, but all previously spoken for. Thankfully the size large had just that day become available due to a cancellation.

Sorted it all out but the due date has slipped again and again. Now (hopefully) looking at early June.

I guess this is normal, but kinda frustrating, especially as the sun is now shining :)

Levo Lution

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia
Well, I am the proud owner of a new base model Levo, unfortunately I haven't got my hands on it yet. Went into my LBS early March to buy one - they did have three on order, but all previously spoken for. Thankfully the size large had just that day become available due to a cancellation.

Sorted it all out but the due date has slipped again and again. Now (hopefully) looking at early June.

I guess this is normal, but kinda frustrating, especially as the sun is now shining :)
Do not get too excited? I ordered mine in the beginning of December, and after almost 5 months LBS called me that bike will not be delivered!!! I shared this info here on the forum (post #1432) and Specialized Care guy (David) offered me help with finding out about my order (post # 1433). Asked me by PM about the details of the order, which I found out from my LBS and sent him the info. Wrote him 2 times afterwards asking if he had found out something. Never heard from him since...
I have been happy specialized customer for over 17 years, not anymore. I am so disappointed with them after all this.?
Wish you better luck, though.
Good thing is that they made me try other ebikes and I will most likely go with canyon spectral on, which I tested last weekend and it was really amazing. Does not look as good as levo, and also shimano motor is not as smooth as brose but the whole package is simply perfect for the price of base levo.
I know its direct brand, but after what I experienced with specialized, I would not trust their service anyway...

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Weird how the availability is so different depending what county your in.
Here in the UK, there is no problem

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Do not get too excited? I ordered mine in the beginning of December, and after almost 5 months LBS called me that bike will not be delivered!!! I shared this info here on the forum (post #1432) and Specialized Care guy (David) offered me help with finding out about my order (post # 1433). Asked me by PM about the details of the order, which I found out from my LBS and sent him the info. Wrote him 2 times afterwards asking if he had found out something. Never heard from him since...
I have been happy specialized customer for over 17 years, not anymore. I am so disappointed with them after all this.?
Good thing is that they made me try other ebikes and I will most likely go with canyon spectral on, which I tested last weekend and it was really amazing. Does not look as good as levo, and also shimano motor is not as smooth as brose but the whole package is simply perfect for the price of base levo.
I know its direct brand, but after what I experienced with specialized, I would not trust their service anyway...

I feel sorry for you! I must say too that I also exchanged some PM’s with David regarding some issues which I experienced and all of them are solved according to my satisfaction. (only open issue is the electric cable redesign)

I also doubted regarding the Canyon. The German factory is not far from my home. We can buy it directly at the factory. I think ot’s good value for money but like you said the Levo has some advantages but availability of course is crucial.

Good luck!

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
I’m hoping I don’t get any delays it’s tough waiting 8 weeks for the levo to land at my lbs, paid my deposit and have watched every levo video going to stop me looking at others again ...

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
I’m hoping I don’t get any delays it’s tough waiting 8 weeks for the levo to land at my lbs, paid my deposit and have watched every levo video going to stop me looking at others again ...

Why wait though? Lots of stock at various dealers online when I’ve been looking. Have you tried Berkshire Cycles for a price. Get the train down and enjoy the sunshine this week! :)

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire

Ring Chris at Berkshire Cycles I just bought two from him and each trip was a 9 hour round trip in the car but it was worth it he is great to deal with and he will have what you want in stock.

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Had the updated top link installed and latest firmware.

I can now get my finger between the frame and link.

There's a couple of marks on the frame :-(

levo brace.jpg

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Is the marks from the install ?

Ive ordered mine from them and I seen the bike in the shop floor had it already installed.

I take it, it’s not working if you can get access

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Why wait though? Lots of stock at various dealers online when I’ve been looking. Have you tried Berkshire Cycles for a price. Get the train down and enjoy the sunshine this week! :)
Already paid my deposit mate and was struggling to find a large expert in the colour I wanted, I got a good deal, well I hope I have and it’s just over an hour away if any problems ..

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Is the marks from the install ?

Ive ordered mine from them and I seen the bike in the shop floor had it already installed.

I take it, it’s not working if you can get access
I would guess that the marks were caused by the original linkage not letting small stones drop through, so they sit there scuffing the paint.
The new linkage has a bigger gap allowing stones to drop through, therefore reducing any scuffing.

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Don’t just love when the shop rings you up and says your bikes going to be a month early.. levo owner from next week.
Will have a few parts for sale, brand new pikes, sram code r brakes and other bits n bobs.

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
Decided to open my motor casing today to check up on the crud. The rear mudhugger and foam insert are certainly doing their job! Only very fine dirt in there which was cleaned up by using an air compressor and cloth. What i did notice though was the dreaded power cable insulation cracks!

IMG_1223.jpg

I’m not experiencing any issues but will speak to Berkshire Turbo tomorrow.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Yes that will definitely fail in due course.
I can't see what is causing the cracking as that part of the cable does not look like it's under stress?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Decided to open my motor casing today to check up on the crud. The rear mudhugger and foam insert are certainly doing their job! Only very fine dirt in there which was cleaned up by using an air compressor and cloth. What i did notice though was the dreaded power cable insulation cracks!

View attachment 13905

I exactly had the same! Also happy about foam mod but Specialized needs to find a permanent fix for the cable problems.

I am sure they will but it will take some time to find the root cause and right corrective action.

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
Have you guys been paying for new motorcovers or has this been replaced under warranty from Specialized?
And to be more specific; if you have got it replaced from your dealer at no cost, do you know if it's under warranty or is it just the dealer that are giving it out as a service?

Thanks.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Have you guys been paying for new motorcovers or has this been replaced under warranty from Specialized?
And to be more specific; if you have got it replaced from your dealer at no cost, do you know if it's under warranty or is it just the dealer that are giving it out as a service?

Thanks.

Hi,

My original 3 bolt motor cover is replaced by the 4 bolt cover free of charge as a gesture by Specialized but only due to the fact that my motor due to the noise issues needed to be replaced.

It seems replacing the motor covers cost a lot of time and according Specialized there is no immediate need to replace them. However as my motor had to be demounted anyway they offered me the replacement as a gesture.

jimmyjam

Sep 10, 2018
Surrey Hills, UK

View attachment 13905

Would it be worth putting some electrical tape on it to help it last a bit longer?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I don’t think it’s quite that simple if you look at it on inspection..I think heat shrink would be the ticket but would need removing prior to taking it back to your LBS I would imagine as it’s a mod which would most likely get frowned on..

Levo Lution

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia
So I ordered Canyon Spectral ON 7:0 after all that waiting for levo in wain...
But I have to apologize to David from.Specialized Care. He really tried to help with my levo 2019 order but got mistaken Slovenia for Slovakia (my country) which happens a lot☺
Anyway, I hope I will like Canyon with Shimano motor and may be in the future I will buy levo 202. to replace it?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
First proper forest ride on my Levo Comp today. Wow! Totally impressed. My bike previous to the Levo was a Cube Stereo SL 140.....now for sale if anyone is interested! (UK SouthCoast).
Leaving the "E" aspect to one side and just focusing on the geometry and dynamics it is an amazing bike with possibly the only slight negative being it is a bit more upper body physical on fast techy descents than my Cube. The 29er design suits it perfectly. As far as the power delivery is concerned it is....transformational. Today I rode faster longer further than usual and the climbs were as much fun as the descents. I am 68. Riding the Levo feels like I just shed 45 years!

Darcy

Nov 23, 2018
Watford
i got the 4 bolt motor cover free from warranty but had to pay for it to be installed as I took it to another shop (closer than my original purchase)

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
Owner of a 18 Sworks with ohlins coil, bike went in at 1000km+ for a seized motor, while i was there, tested a 19 expert and was blown away over the significant improvements, motor is smooth and silent, cant feel the disengagement at 25kph at all, bike feels alot ligther even though on paper the diffrence isnt much

Dealer gave me a good deal, so...here i am with my 2nd levo. Travelling this week, so will pick it up later, give me time to order stem/bar/pedals/grips and Ti bolts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles