2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

robikinkela

Oct 11, 2018
Aosta IT
Hi everyone. It seems that the next levo that will arrive will be like this. It would have been nice to think about it first. :p
Schermata 2019-04-26 alle 11.59.56.png

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I am the proud owner of a Levo and think it rides terrifically, however I'm now starting to think that this is not a finished product, and is work in progress!

GAP

Nov 1, 2018
Bookham
3 emails regarding parts sent to Customer Care in the UK, all ignored.
The mods show there was an original design flaw and as such the bikes previously manufactured should be fitted with the new parts free.

What do people think?
For sure they should, but Spec's approach is to wait for individuals to complain rather than treat like a recall.
Has there been a problem with the shock mount?

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
For sure they should, but Spec's approach is to wait for individuals to complain rather than treat like a recall.
Has there been a problem with the shock mount?
This is referring to the parts now available to close the gap that allows debris to enter the motor casing, see the pics above re the new bike releases

GAP

Nov 1, 2018
Bookham
This is referring to the parts now available to close the gap that allows debris to enter the motor casing, see the pics above re the new bike releases
Yep, but I was alerted by comments in the link provided in levity's post above.
hence my broader question re the shock link

"So I'm tempted to get my bike to a shop and get all the warranty items installed.
What do we have so far?

1) S194200013 : 4-bolt motor cover
2) S199900061 : motor protection kit v2
3) S194300001 : replacement shock-link
4) motor cable? (I dont know the number)"

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
For those interested; the StandUp guard is fantastic; having a good few weeks experience now- does a great job and any knocks are cushioned and not impacting through to the casing.

Stevo

Hi,

I have just bought one called a "Stand Up". I've had one outing using it and I gave it a good bash on a fallen tree... worked perfectly.
I can see this guard being fantastic as the motor casing is easily cracked (I've previously done it!)

I it's an Italian company that operates through Facebook- here is a link (I hope)
https://en-gb.facebook.com/StandUpMTB/
Cheers
Stevo[/QUOTE]

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I had the cutting out the other day. At first I thought it was due to motor temp but it wasn't. I was running BLEvo with my HR monitor. So I reset BLEvo to stock Specialized including wheel size. Then swiped BLEvo off on my iPhone and ran Mission Control only and the cutting out while pedaling stopped. Never had any fault code

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
I had the cutting out the other day. At first I thought it was due to motor temp but it wasn't. I was running BLEvo with my HR monitor. So I reset BLEvo to stock Specialized including wheel size. Then swiped BLEvo off on my iPhone and ran Mission Control only and the cutting out while pedaling stopped. Never had any fault code
Did your display flash the red light like mine?

I also forgot to add when I first get on the bike and start out for the first 5 to 15 seconds the bike works properly and then I get the code

Ted

Apr 23, 2019
California
I just got back from dropping my bike at the shop. I had the blinking light problem like above yesterday. This morning it seemed OK but I took it in anyway. Luckily, the shop tech was able to see the blinking. He does not think it is the TCU, power cable, or battery. That only leaves the motor. He wants to speak with Spec before he moves ahead. My bike is less than two weeks old. Darn! Does everyone Levo owner go through this?

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
I just got back from dropping my bike at the shop. I had the blinking light problem like above yesterday. This morning it seemed OK but I took it in anyway. Luckily, the shop tech was able to see the blinking. He does not think it is the TCU, power cable, or battery. That only leaves the motor. He wants to speak with Spec before he moves ahead. My bike is less than two weeks old. Darn! Does everyone Levo owner go through this?

I just found the problem I was using a light carbon wheel set that I built up for my focus Jam2 and I drilled a hole in the rear rotor 40 mm from center where the Jam2 pick up is the stock specialized is 22mm from center I just tested it with the Shimano E bike rotor at 34mm from center and it works perfectly.

To some it up make sure your magnet on the rear rotor is where it supposed to be. 22mm from center .

The thing that threw me off is the bike work perfectly for the first 26 miles with the magnet in the wrong place .

See pictures

7644BCDE-6A7B-48C4-874B-F6BFE9DEBD9D.jpeg

0763DBE2-73A2-40FA-959B-B348B051006E.jpeg

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
I just found the problem I was using a light carbon wheel set that I built up for my focus Jam2 and I drilled a hole in the rear rotor 40 mm from center where the Jam2 pick up is the stock specialized is 22mm from center I just tested it with the Shimano E bike rotor at 34mm from center and it works perfectly.

To some it up make sure your magnet on the rear rotor is where it supposed to be. 22mm from center .

The thing that threw me off is the bike work perfectly for the first 26 miles with the magnet in the wrong place .

See pictures

View attachment 13497

View attachment 13498

Third picture is Shimano about 34 mm from center

9E67CA3F-32E2-43C4-AAB4-E85CFD6187D4.jpeg

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area

I also forgot to add when I first get on the bike and start out for the first 5 to 15 seconds the bike works properly and then I get the code

I never got the red flashing light. I think it was BLEvo and my HR monitor acting up

I'll experiment tomorrow

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney

I've seen that a few times - when the bike starts OK, but only runs for 20 seconds or so and the red / blue lights go on, it seems to be because the speed limiter detection system takes that long to work out there is something wrong; first time it was water in the speed sensor cable connector (after the bike had been washed), and the next time it was a piece of stick that had jammed up into the speed sensor. Both times the bike went back to the dealer to be fixed - the second time they replaced the motor before realising what was wrong !

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
Anybody have a motor failure let? I have 550 miles on the my 2019 levo comp. Dropped it off Friday at the shop, They think I need a new motor as well. You can hear the motor spin up to max rpm when you been to pedal but the motor is applying very little force to the crank and slips. Failed sprag clutch? Hope Specialized has some motors in stock, itching to get back out on the bike now that the weather has turned.

Newbie High Rock Ruti

Brand new 2019 S Works size Large motor failure with 263 miles, broken belt. The motor starting making a sound of the belt slipping on the drive; like running your fingers across the grain of corduroy. Within a few hundred feet the belt let go completely motor would whine as it turned but no drive to rear wheel. New motor approved and in transit plenty of motors in stock according to Specialized. Not a great beginning to a new relationship. Question has anyone else noticed a power drop off after 15 or 20 minutes in Turbo? I would suspect heat? This bike is a monster really fast. My other bike is a Pivot Shuttle (life is good). The shuttle definitely handles better or should I say easier. The shorter chain stays and the DW link are amazing. That being said the Levo is superior on technical rock clearing sections first try that I get hung up on the Pivot, the 29 inch wheels and smaller tires just keep momentum so much better, my Pivot is really happy that my Levo broke, me not so much

Warm Regards

Ruti

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles