2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

freddok

Jan 9, 2019
Villard de Lans, France
Hi Guys. Ive read through pretty much all of this 2019 levo owners thread. Some really helpful stuff, awesome. I’m in Australia and waiting for the alloy model to arrive, sometime March-April. I was planning on getting it and doing a few up grades - coil shock and fork, two piston calliper on the rear brake, bikeyoke dropper post. Now that the bikes have been out for a bit i would really like to know what everyone thinks of the Fox suspension on the Comp Carbon. I am able to get one of them this week, if there are any left. Would mean the upgrades would be a little further down the track. My go to bike for now is the 2019 expert stumpjumper. So I guess what I’m looking for is everyone’s who has the Comp Carbon with the fox gear on it how do you find the lateral stiffness of the fork. Does it seem to hold its line ok. Does it feel burly enough for the bike. Cheers Matt

Same interrogations than you about the Fox 34 Rhythm mounted on the Comp Carbon. I ordered this bike and I'm sure to switch the Fox rear shock to a DVO air or coil shock in a near future because I'm not in confidence with this small Fox air shock with my weight, practice and terrain I ride. Also, I'm not a really big fan of FOX, not for the quality products but more for the self user servicing and aftermarket parts price, but it's another question.
Really interested by experiences returns of the Comp Carbon fork in terms of plushness and rigidity, fork sold in 120mm flavour in Fox website but seated at 150mm ont the Levo...

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
If yo
Same interrogations than you about the Fox 34 Rhythm mounted on the Comp Carbon. I ordered this bike and I'm sure to switch the Fox rear shock to a DVO air or coil shock in a near future because I'm not in confidence with this small Fox air shock with my weight, practice and terrain I ride. Also, I'm not a really big fan of FOX, not for the quality products but more for the self user servicing and aftermarket parts price, but it's another question.
Really interested by experiences returns of the Comp Carbon fork in terms of plushness and rigidity, fork sold in 120mm flavour in Fox website but seated at 150mm ont the Levo...
ure getting a Dvo rear shock you may want to get a Dvo diamond . Diamond has been the best fork I’ve owned. Ez to service, durable, stiff, no creaky csu’s, and with ott you can make it feel coil-like or xc stiff. Supplied spacers can make it 140/150/160. DVO has said they’ll have a 29” onyx sc out soon too

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
Broken Axle - Alternative options?
Discovered my rear axle was broken when the free hub and cluster fell on the ground upon removing the wheel, the retaining shaft has a waist along most of it's length so where the middle bearing sits there is no support given by the pin. Wondering if Kenevo's have a more robust solution as I'm sure it will happen again.
Anyone else experienced this?

Regards Gyro

View attachment 10106
My Kenevo:

47026E75-09A9-42E3-B0BA-9B1CCFE5729B.jpeg

Dpca10

Dec 20, 2018
USA
Hi Guys. Ive read through pretty much all of this 2019 levo owners thread. Some really helpful stuff, awesome. I’m in Australia and waiting for the alloy model to arrive, sometime March-April. I was planning on getting it and doing a few up grades - coil shock and fork, two piston calliper on the rear brake, bikeyoke dropper post. Now that the bikes have been out for a bit i would really like to know what everyone thinks of the Fox suspension on the Comp Carbon. I am able to get one of them this week, if there are any left. Would mean the upgrades would be a little further down the track. My go to bike for now is the 2019 expert stumpjumper. So I guess what I’m looking for is everyone’s who has the Comp Carbon with the fox gear on it how do you find the lateral stiffness of the fork. Does it seem to hold its line ok. Does it feel burly enough for the bike. Cheers Matt

I have the comp carbon and ride it super hard. I thought I’d be replacing the fork and shock right away but been surprisingly happy with it. Yeah it could probably be better especially on a few 4000 foot descents I’ve taken it down, but that’s a lot to ask any shock. I actually have a mrp stage coil fork to put on it but haven’t bothered yet since I need to swap out the spring and adjust the travel. Goes to show how decent the fox has been

Dpca10

Dec 20, 2018
USA
I’m having a weird issue with my levo I was hoping someone might be able to help with. I’m in the USA so we cut out at 20mph. Mine is clearly cutting out around 16mph. I’ve clocked it. I also rode my friends identical levo and it clocked at 20mph before cutting assistance. We both looked at mission control and everything was the same except for one weird difference his wheel circumference showed 2300mm mine showed 2255mm. This apparently can’t be changed. Could this be the source of my problem? Or is it something else? We both have 29er wheels.

Reactions: Bis

mxengineer1

Oct 29, 2018
Ohio, USA
I’m having a weird issue with my levo I was hoping someone might be able to help with. I’m in the USA so we cut out at 20mph. Mine is clearly cutting out around 16mph. I’ve clocked it. I also rode my friends identical levo and it clocked at 20mph before cutting assistance. We both looked at mission control and everything was the same except for one weird difference his wheel circumference showed 2300mm mine showed 2255mm. This apparently can’t be changed. Could this be the source of my problem? Or is it something else? We both have 29er wheels.

I recently picked up a new 2018 Turbo Levo Comp and it did the same thing - cut out around 16 mph. Had to have the dealer do a "forced" software update on bike using the dealer's Turbo Studio hook up. Still starts to cut out a little over 18 mph. Easy to see the electric support using the Mission Control ap with the motor watts and speed displayed.

There is some more info here...... Max assistance speed with USA spec Levo - RESOLVED! - EMTB Forums

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Yeah. First time disconnected charger and battery. Gave a magic rub and put back together. Second and third just charger port. Gone from ace to temperamental. Next step is faulty. Hope I don't get there.
I had a similar issue where the TCU was intermittently not turning on. Berkshire Cycles replaced the TCU and all is good now (y)

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Hi,
Can anyone give a proper review on the 2019 Levo with coil shock? Heard rumors that the suspension was too linear so an air shock would be better. Any thoughts on this???

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Yeah. First time disconnected charger and battery. Gave a magic rub and put back together. Second and third just charger port. Gone from ace to temperamental. Next step is faulty. Hope I don't get there.
I had a similar issue where the TCU was intermittently not turning on. Berkshire Cycles replaced the TCU and all is good now (y)
Not sure i wanna change/update the TCU

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Day 5 in a row it's not turning on. Even didn't turn on during the day, as I often turn it off/on whilst coaching etc. Didn't come back on. I've a feeling it's getting worse.

I just remove the charging port, wipe both ends with finger/glove (which probably does nothing... Might try not even the magic rub tomorrow) and then press it back in.

TCU = ? ? The Control Unit? Ie the power button?

I thought it was just a software variable.

freddok

Jan 9, 2019
Villard de Lans, France
Hi,
Can anyone give a proper review on the 2019 Levo with coil shock? Heard rumors that the suspension was too linear so an air shock would be better. Any thoughts on this???

You can take a look on the MRP Hazzard coil shocks... It can take different types of spring to fit linear or progressive suspension or wait the next DVO coil shock who come in may and fit the Levo from the words of Bryson Martin Sr...

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
You can take a look on the MRP Hazzard coil shocks... It can take different types of spring to fit linear or progressive suspension or wait the next DVO coil shock who come in may and fit the Levo from the words of Bryson Martin Sr...
Hi @freddok thank you for the input. Have you fitted any coil to the Levo 2019? Would love some user experiences.

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
Day 5 in a row it's not turning on. Even didn't turn on during the day, as I often turn it off/on whilst coaching etc. Didn't come back on. I've a feeling it's getting worse.

I just remove the charging port, wipe both ends with finger/glove (which probably does nothing... Might try not even the magic rub tomorrow) and then press it back in.

Same, replaced the battery/motor power cable, less than 900 miles logged.
Great turnaround by Edinburgh Cycles of Newcastle who did a24 hour turnaround.
Emailed customer care at Specialized, no response, beginning to wish I’d bought Haibike.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB

Same, replaced the battery/motor power cable, less than 900 miles logged.
Great turnaround by Edinburgh Cycles of Newcastle who did a24 hour turnaround.
Emailed customer care at Specialized, no response, beginning to wish I’d bought Haibike.
All they did was change the cable, no firmware updates or hardware changes?

Mine now doesn't turn on by the power button. I open the charge port and press it back in and it turns on.

Great anti theft device lol.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
I seem to have about 22 clicks of rebound dampening on the FOX 34 Rhythms on my 2019 Comp Carbon Levo. I presume this isn’t right, anyone else had a similar issue?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
I seem to have about 22 clicks of rebound dampening on the FOX 34 Rhythms on my 2019 Comp Carbon Levo. I presume this isn’t right, anyone else had a similar issue?
Why do you "presume this isn't right"? IIRC, 22 clicks is standard for that damper.
Here's a rough guide to settings Fox recommends (I prefer more damping) -

rebound.jpg

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
I must be missing something, the table shows 13 clicks for the GRIP dampener?
They didn’t bother suggesting damper openings 14-22 for even lower air pressures, but you should get the idea.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
They didn’t bother suggesting damper openings 14-22 for even lower air pressures, but you should get the idea.

Sorry mate but you’re confusing the hell out of me. All my other Fox products across three different bikes have a predictable number of rebound dampening clicks consistent with the manual except the Levo forks which has far too many suggesting a hardware issue. Has anyone experienced similar?

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
Have had my 2019 levo expert in the rocket red and storm grey for two days,have ridden it twice and there is paint missing off it where stone couldn't hit am so pissed have a 2018 levo and crashed it about 20 times and has no marks on it WTF.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Can anyone verify the actual number of rebound clicks their Fox 34 Rhythm forks have on a 2019 Levo please? I know if I phone a dealer the standard response will be “bring it in” which is cool but I’d rather be sure first.

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
Can anyone verify the actual number of rebound clicks their Fox 34 Rhythm forks have on a 2019 Levo please? I know if I phone a dealer the standard response will be “bring it in” which is cool but I’d rather be sure first.

Yes ill have a look tomorrow as i need to adjust the rebound on mine anyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles