2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Guys, Rode my Levo Expert today at the Forest of Dean and loved it. What a bike! However, issue I came across was not with the bike, but getting it onto my Thule rack. I have an older Thule rack, a 923 EuroWay 3-4 bike carrier towbar mounted rack. When trying to attack a bike arm from the carrier to the bike, it was very difficult and due to the frame design of the Levo there isnt really a good place to get it to clamp to the frame of the bike due to the thick frame. I tried so many ways to get it to clamp. I did try to get the arm and grip to go through the frame where the shock is, but it wont fit through.

I wanted to ask anyone with a Thule towbar mounted bike rack how they are securing their bike and could they show some images please?

Thanks
Ian
Also see this link:

Help Bike rack Now i have my Levo - EMTB Forums

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Yes, thanks. You are clamping your bike in the same place as mine. I couldnt find a better place to clamp it. I would have preferred to have the clamp pointing upwards as thats more secure, but it just wouldnt fit that way.

Are you aware that you can take the clamping bars of the bike rack and position them where you want? I could also clamp the seat post just above the rear damper. From my feeling the clamping was not the challenge. The challenge with my XL frame size was the lenght of the bike and therefore the straps to fixate the wheels were to short. I therefore bought the longer straps and exchanged them recently. The longer straps are not on the picture but you can find them via the link which I shared as well.

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Are you aware that you can take the clamping bars of the bike rack and position them where you want? I could also clamp the seat post just above the rear damper. From my feeling the clamping was not the challenge. The challenge with my XL frame size was the lenght of the bike and therefore the straps to fixate the wheels were to short. I therefore bought the longer straps and exchanged them recently. The longer straps are not on the picture but you can find them via the link which I shared as well.

Hi,

Yes I am aware that you can move the clamps but look at the frame, there isnt an ideal place to clamp it due to the thickness, or being blocked by other components on the bike.

vannibombonato

Sep 14, 2018
italy
Update, charged the battery, Levo is dead, not turning on.

Frankly not happy, this is a 7k toy, in sequence I have to check that I don’t have a broken engine, then I have to put a sponge inside the bike, now it does not even turn on.

Will they fix it? Sure, in the meanwhile I gave 7k eur and I have a nice big brick.

If I have to be a beta tester give me a discount.

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
@ Specialized Rider Care

Do you have any shipping dates regarding spare 700wh batteries ?

I was told for the US (Im in California) that the first batch would be late November. I went to my LBS and reserved one (that's what Specialized told me to do if I wanted it for sure) - hopefully I get in on that first batch. They had to guesstimate the price - so I just have to pay difference once the real price comes out.

TheLexus

Sep 22, 2018
Germany/Saxony
Hi, can someone tell me if there is (and maybe how much) space under the control unit inside the Frame of the carbon models ? I want to add a gps tracker but „my“ bike is somewhere between my dealer and spec.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Haha yes. Forks, rear shock, dropper and Burgtec finishing kit. Still covered in sheep crap after today but will be even dirtier after Forest of Dean tomorrow no doubt
Matt it looks ace. Mi e us arriving Dec hopefully. What is the Bergrec finishing kit please. Did you put any protective film on the bike?

Thegiampi

Nov 2, 2018
Biella
@Specialized Rider Care
Good evenintg I have a question regarding the connection of the Levo2019 via the fake channel. I used to have my Garmin 64S connected to my 2017 levo on the fake channel as 'cadence'. The bike returned correctly the residual battery and the speed.
With the new model I have the battery residual correctly but no way to have the correct speed. I sticks to 21.x km/h as soon as the bike starts moving and does not change. What can I do? Apart waiting for eventually a firmware upgrade

thanks in advance
Gianpaolo

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
Despite pre warning my LBS of potential noisy motors it is now clear to me that only 5 mins into my first ride today they clearly paid no attention to my concerns what so ever. Lovey platform on the 29's together with Fox front and rear but the noise levels are embarrassing !!!! Let the battle commence. ( glad i kept my 17 S-Works now as that is totally silent )
IMG_0669.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I thought all the noisy motors had been removed from circulation?

Harry

Oct 14, 2018
australia
Hi everyone. I would like to write about how good the new Levo is (and it is so, in fact) but unfortunately a series of problems ruins everything. Yesterday morning I got dressed to go for a ride and the bike did not turn on. I went to the retailer who reset the system to me: all right. This morning, I was ready to ride and I found the bike dead. All of this is frustrating.

My 2019 Turbo Levo motor has cut out 3 times whilst in motion. I also have a diagnosed 'noisy' motor. Specialized have agreed to replace the motor and wiring harness. XL frame size.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Two out of three levos we bought had noisey motors, they are getting replaced, but I thought the sales stop was meant to identify this and sort it out before sale?

Levo Lution

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia
Geez, now it makes me wonder if I have a loud one. Its definitely louder than my 2018.
Hi, let me ask you, since you have both levos 2018 and 2019, is it worthy to buy 2019 model comparing to 2018? Now I can buy levo 2018 Comp for the same price as MY 2019 base model? Which one would you suggest? Thanks for the answer.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I was lucky and had the quiet one, even so it is not as silent as my 2018.
Don't get me wrong it is acceptable and still quieter than other brands, but is a backward step in this aspect.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Hi, let me ask you, since you have both levos 2018 and 2019, is it worthy to buy 2019 model comparing to 2018? Now I can buy levo 2018 Comp for the same price as MY 2019 base model? Which one would you suggest? Thanks for the answer.
2019! No doubt, it is better in almost every way.
However the 2018 is a great bike as well, just the 19 is better

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
Geez, now it makes me wonder if I have a loud one. Its definitely louder than my 2018.

I will post an audio clip of my first ri

The quietest Levo is the 2017. It’s actually silent. Literally. The 2019 is more of a speed weapon due to its geometry and 29’ platform.

It all depends on your personal wants and needs versus budget. My 2019 is super agile and when the motor is replaced it has the potential to be the best model to date.

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
Any experience with TCD (turbo connect display)? I got it 2 weeks ago and except the heart rate, it only shows wrong figures. As far as I understood, connection to Mission Control is actually not working (and therefore no heart rate is recorded). Any positive experience?
Your bike isn't updated before the bike is sold to you, normally the bike needs to receive the latest update, after this update the correct values are shown in the TCD as well as a way stronger walk assist.

Matt00

Sep 30, 2018
Worcestershire
Matt it looks ace. Mi e us arriving Dec hopefully. What is the Bergrec finishing kit please. Did you put any protective film on the bike?
Thanks, well pleased with it.

The Burgtec finished kit was just fitted by RaceCo and is just extra Burgtec bars, pedals, stem etc. I stuck with the 50mm stem length rather than going shorter.

Yes the bike had an invisiframe kit fitted for protection. Well recommended!

Hope your pleased with yours in Dec!

Hannes_3000

Sep 14, 2018
Stuttgart
Courtesy of RaceCo Cycles. Loving the bike, from bike parks to trails its way beyond my capabilities!

View attachment 7162
Nice!
May I ask what Maxxis tyre you have on the rear wheel (model & size). I have installed a small mudguard on my rear wheel in order to keep the dirt out of the motor compartment. But there really isn't much space left between mudguard and tyre now. I was thinking about replacing the 2,6 Butcher with a 2,5 Highroller to solve this. But this only makes sense if the Maxxis is actually smaller... What do you think (or could you possibly even post a pic of the rear wheel)?

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
Your bike isn't updated before the bike is sold to you, normally the bike needs to receive the latest update, after this update the correct values are shown in the TCD as well as a way stronger walk assist.

Do we know the latest software/firmware numbers for motor and battery please ?? My walk assist is pointless.

Matt00

Sep 30, 2018
Worcestershire
Nice!
May I ask what Maxxis tyre you have on the rear wheel (model & size). I have installed a small mudguard on my rear wheel in order to keep the dirt out of the motor compartment. But there really isn't much space left between mudguard and tyre now. I was thinking about replacing the 2,6 Butcher with a 2,5 Highroller to solve this. But this only makes sense if the Maxxis is actually smaller... What do you think (or could you possibly even post a pic of the rear wheel)?

No probs. Running a Maxxis Minion DHF on the rear instead of a DHR (for winter). It’s 29 x 2.5. Got a Maxxis shorty on the front

96ED2467-05A3-45C0-A0CD-8DF0EE7E3673.jpeg

192D8889-7BB9-4383-809B-DC7E28FACAAD.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles