2019 Turbo Levo Delivery Countdown

Shimanomike

Jan 6, 2019
Paris, Tn
Bike: 2019 Base Turbo Levo Hyper / Black
Ordered: 21st September 2018
Expected: Early November 2018
Delivered October 25th 2018
I'm in Paris just west of you. Maybe we can hook up and ride sometime. Are you finding that your local trails are ok with ebikes?

jeffintheusa

Dec 12, 2018
MA - North Shore
Bike: 2019 Carbon Comp Turbo Levo Blue Tint/White (Large)
Ordered: 25th November 2018
Expected: Late December 2018
Delivered: January 11 2019

After just 2 rides I love this bike. So much fun! I can see myself doing 3-4 hour rides, a duration that I could probably not achieve with the amount of time I have available for fitness training. I purchased a 700Wh battery in addition to the installed 500Wh so I can ride all day. The 700Wh battery was delivered in advance of the bike.

I also purchased the TCD (Turbo Connect Display). Having now used it I would not recommend it to others unless you simply want real-time information display on the cockpit. You really need a proper bike computer if you want to track and upload your rides to Strava, or use your phone with Strava/Mission Control. The TCD is just for displaying rider/bike information. I paired it with my heart rate monitor only to find it does NOT record that HRM data for the ride, it just displays it. My incorrect assumption was that the TCD is sync'd with the ride that is started with Mission Control. It isn't. The ride time and ride distance are not reset when you start a new ride using Mission Control. If these two features (record HRM data and sync ride start with Mission Control) were added I wouldn't need a separate bike computer. Any plans for these features @Specialized Rider Care ?

In addition to changing settings, Mission Control displays useful information post ride, like total power consumption (battery Wh) and average level of support (%).

Overall, I just love this bike. I ride with people that are fitter than me and significantly stronger on climbs. Riding the Levo I can keep up with them. They don't have to wait for me at the top of the climbs so it is a win-win for everyone. :)

Huge thumbs up Specialized!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Bike: 2019 Carbon Comp Turbo Levo Blue Tint/White (Large)
Ordered: 25th November 2018
Expected: Late December 2018
Delivered: January 11 2019

After just 2 rides I love this bike. So much fun! I can see myself doing 3-4 hour rides, a duration that I could probably not achieve with the amount of time I have available for fitness training. I purchased a 700Wh battery in addition to the installed 500Wh so I can ride all day. The 700Wh battery was delivered in advance of the bike.

I also purchased the TCD (Turbo Connect Display). Having now used it I would not recommend it to others unless you simply want real-time information display on the cockpit. You really need a proper bike computer if you want to track and upload your rides to Strava, or use your phone with Strava/Mission Control. The TCD is just for displaying rider/bike information. I paired it with my heart rate monitor only to find it does NOT record that HRM data for the ride, it just displays it. My incorrect assumption was that the TCD is sync'd with the ride that is started with Mission Control. It isn't. The ride time and ride distance are not reset when you start a new ride using Mission Control. If these two features (record HRM data and sync ride start with Mission Control) were added I wouldn't need a separate bike computer. Any plans for these features @Specialized Rider Care ?

In addition to changing settings, Mission Control displays useful information post ride, like total power consumption (battery Wh) and average level of support (%).

Overall, I just love this bike. I ride with people that are fitter than me and significantly stronger on climbs. Riding the Levo I can keep up with them. They don't have to wait for me at the top of the climbs so it is a win-win for everyone. :)

Huge thumbs up Specialized!

Hi Jeff, thanks for your review! All the functions which you are missing within MC are integrated in BLEvo already. Within BLEvo you can review each ride in detail where all values are constantly logged. BLEvo goes much further then MC it's a great app and I am really enthousiastic about it.

Maybe this help?

jeffintheusa

Dec 12, 2018
MA - North Shore
Hi Jeff, thanks for your review! All the functions which you are missing within MC are integrated in BLEvo already. Within BLEvo you can review each ride in detail where all values are constantly logged. BLEvo goes much further then MC it's a great app and I am really enthousiastic about it.

Maybe this help?
Thanks Maastrict. I'll check out the app as it sounds interesting. Do you know if it will record my HRM which is paired to the TCD?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks Maastrict. I'll check out the app as it sounds interesting. Do you know if it will record my HRM which is paired to the TCD?

No thanks Jeff!

BLEvo will not only record your HR (which you can analyze in detail on a map after you finished your tour) it will also offer you the ability to use the BLEvo smart power control. With BLEvo smart power you can automatically control you support based on your HR and/or leg power threshold. You can finetune all settings in detail.

The only thing is that you need a mobile phone with the app running (display may be off) when using smart power controls. You need the phone too when you want to record your ride. If you don't want to bring your phone you can also leave it at home and just set the (non smart) ride settings with BLEvo.

You will also need a HR belt which had a bluetooth function. I bought the Wahoo Tickr which connects to ANT+ and bluetooth. The connection is very stable and all works great.;)

From my perspective no need to buy TCD.

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
Well im chuffed, ordered my CC on 2nd Jan and got the phone call today to say its arrived. Going to pick it up from Chris at Berkshire Cycles on Sunday, cant come soon enough!

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Bike: 2019 XL Expert green/black
Ordered: December 5th 2018
Expected: Initially mid December 2018 then revised to Mid February 2019, revised to early March when I called on Jan 22nd.

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
Well im chuffed, ordered my CC on 2nd Jan and got the phone call today to say its arrived. Going to pick it up from Chris at Berkshire Cycles on Sunday, cant come soon enough!

Shes home
IMG_0868.jpg

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
Well I got a strange call this morning my LBS said there was a warranty recall on 2018 Levos which I thought was strange, anyway I took it in they said it would only take a minute and wheeled it into the work shop area while I spoke to the boss, I heard a voice say all done and when I turned around there was a shine new 2019 Levo Expert I ordered in September well I nearly messed my pants, well I can tell you its stiffer has more torque super quiet and lighter worth the wait I'm happy and so is the young fella as he gets my 2018 levo.:p:p:D(y)(y)

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
Well I got a strange call this morning my LBS said there was a warranty recall on 2018 Levos which I thought was strange, anyway I took it in they said it would only take a minute and wheeled it into the work shop area while I spoke to the boss, I heard a voice say all done and when I turned around there was a shine new 2019 Levo Expert I ordered in September well I nearly messed my pants, well I can tell you its stiffer has more torque super quiet and lighter worth the wait I'm happy and so is the young fella as he gets my 2018 levo.:p:p:D(y)(y)
Where are you located? I’m in Seattle wa USA and still waiting. Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles