2019 Turbo Levo battery totally dead

PeteRepeate

Feb 10, 2019
Denmark
Today i for the first time did wash my Turbo Levo Comp with a soft water hose. Afterwards i was not able to turen on the TCU. Did take out the battery and clean all contacts with a dry cloth, contact cleaner and warm air. Battery still dead. When i connect the charger, only one of the Four LEDs on the battery turns on, (no. 3 from the bottom), and blinks for about 20 seconds and then switch off. Charger light is green during the 20 seconds. Tried my wifes battery from same type bike and everything works fine, so the problem is definately the battery. Anyone had the same problem and found a solution? (The bike is 1 month old with approx 200 km mileage).

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
If mine is proper muddy I wash it with a hose every time , touch wood never had a problem but I always then go on a couple mile street ride to shake any water out .
If not too dirty I clean with wet wipes and then buff , anal maybe but it works for me .
I do also spray a touch of contact cleaner in the charge socket and then leave to naturally dry out at least once a week .

PeteRepeate

Feb 10, 2019
Denmark
SOLUTION: Took the bike to my local LBS. He ran a check and after some diagnose his verdict was (also) a dead battery. He contacted Specialized and now I am up running with a new battery after only 2 days with no power. Only downside is, that since i did not buy the bike from my local LBS, he charged me 80 USD for the service, despite it is against Specialized warranty docs. But I didn’t want to argue, the fast service was more important to me.

motmcd

Mar 5, 2019
reading,pa
Hey PeteRepeate, can you submit your receipt to Specialized for reimbursement? I would have done the same thing you did. Pay the bill and move on. But $80 is a nice pair of shorts, or a decent light, or a nice case of craft beer, and more. Just a thought. Cheers!

AdamDuckworth

Mar 3, 2019
Northamptonshire, UK
Exactly the same has happened to mine! 2019 Levo Expert... a few weeks old bike. First time out in the mud I had to wash it with a hopepipe (rather than a wipe down)... Literally the first time it's been washed with a hose. Now doesn't turn on. Back to the dealers. Now awaiting feedback.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles