2019 Turbo Kenevo Comp?

idogliotti

Aug 5, 2018
Chile
Hi all? I was decided for the new 2019 Turbo Kenevo Comp but then I found out that does not come with the same 1.3 Motor integrated in the 2018 Levo and Kenevo Models. It brings a 1.2e motor (supposedly better than the 1.2).
After some investigation i found out that it provides a torque of 60nm compared with 90 nm of the 1.3 model.

My question is what effect will this have uphill. It provides 30% less torque than the 2018 models. The local specialized reseller told me that this is to make bike more efficient, that makes better the experience, but i have my doubts since the 2019 Kenevo Expert brings the 1.3 motor (as the 2018 levo FSR). I does not make sence to me...

Any thoughts about this? Anyone tested uphill and compared with the 1.3 motor?

Thanks a lot! I was decided for the bike but now I am again at a starting point......

picrots

Jul 6, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
I bought Kenevo comp last month and I had tried Levo expert 2018 before. I can't feel the difference. My kenevo is size XL and it's 4kg more heavy than Levo but the power and battery usage are very very close . However that is just what you feel when riding. If you are planning to race kenevo comp uphill it will fall behind Levo. However in my opinion Kenevo is more of a downhill bike that can climb back up super easy. So the race is down rather than up.
I have to say Kenevo is the best bike I have tried so far. It's even more plush and stable than GT Fury downhill bike that I tried on Whistler 2 weeks ago.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
I've not driven a 1.2e motor, but having the 1.3 in the Kenevo which has "more-than-i-need" assist on the uphills, i've adjusted my assist levels and motor-max-power levels down to 20%/40%/80% and sometimes put them further down, to save some more energy. Also, i can climb 95% of my climbs in trail mode - it's just those few insanely steep climbs (impossible to ride for me with a non-e bike. Hell, even walking up there is life treatening ^^) where i switch to turbo - or when i really want to race up that hill as fast as possible.

I would say, you probably won't feel a big difference and still have fun on the uphills. The assist is lesser, but should be enough. But it depends on what you want - for the best uphill performance, you would upgrade to the 1.3 and spend the bucks.

idogliotti

Aug 5, 2018
Chile
I bought Kenevo comp last month and I had tried Levo expert 2018 before. I can't feel the difference. My kenevo is size XL and it's 4kg more heavy than Levo but the power and battery usage are very very close . However that is just what you feel when riding. If you are planning to race kenevo comp uphill it will fall behind Levo. However in my opinion Kenevo is more of a downhill bike that can climb back up super easy. So the race is down rather than up.
I have to say Kenevo is the best bike I have tried so far. It's even more plush and stable than GT Fury downhill bike that I tried on Whistler 2 weeks ago.
Thank you very much!! My kenevo comp arrives on thursday. I can't wait to try it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles