2019 Trance SX E+ Pro : BB or Bearings ?

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
Bike sounding like a bag of bolts. Gear change never been smooth but now real clunks and when I pedal under pressure the bike quite literally groans at me... Now I know I am 190 lbs but.....

Anybody else had to replace bearings / BBs on this model ? Total mileage c300....

Was 2nd hand buy so suspect warranty out....

ThePete

Oct 16, 2019
Dublin, CA
What bike are you on?

Derp! didn't read your header... On my lower end E2 pro i had a clack/clunk noise when pedaling hard. Ended up being a bad hub, so the wheel was replaced. I ended up upgrading and haven't had an issue since.

Last edited:

Wernher

May 30, 2019
Cape St Francis
Check your hub but it can also come from the motor/crank area. I've forwarded my hub to DT Swiss due to the fact that the axle kept coming loose and the bearings were very rough and the quality just didn't impress me. Giant paid me out for the standard hub and the LBS sorted me on labour.

If the creak is from the crank area it is most likely one of your left motor mounts. These are floating mounts and they can become dry and then causes an unholy creak. I took my motor out sorted the mounts and it's been brilliant since.

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
So motor didn't go back (LBS didn't have time...). Hub is fine as it is a Hope which was put in to replace the original.

It will - given current situation - take 4 to 5 weeks at least for motor to go back to base and be shipped to Netherlands for inspection & fix.

Replacement motor ordered instead as due to me being 2nd owner it isn't under warranty anymore ..... ££££ :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

ThePete

Oct 16, 2019
Dublin, CA
So motor didn't go back (LSB didn't have time...). Hub is fine as it is a Hope which was put in to replace the original.

It will - given current situation - take 4 to 5 weeks at least for motor to go back to base and be shipped to Netherlands for inspection & fix.

Replacement motor ordered instead as due to me being 2nd owner it isn't under warranty anymore ..... ££££ :eek::eek::eek:
Thats a bummer. If it's any consolation, I've had mine for over a year now, I still LOVE it, it's had share of problems, but i don't regret getting it!

TtheArab

Jul 7, 2019
Hayabusa!303
So bike bike. Massive kudos to Velocity 44 in Stirling. Ordered motor Tue from Holland, arrived, fitted tested and bike dropped off at my house tonight.

Other one going back for forensics.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles