2019 trance e+ battery

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Hi all,
Any ideas how much a giant dealer will charge for a battery and charger for a 2019 trance e +?
They are saying mine has shorted out the battery and charger and also saying giant won't cover it in warranty!

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Hi all,
Any ideas how much a giant dealer will charge for a battery and charger for a 2019 trance e +?
They are saying mine has shorted out the battery and charger and also saying giant won't cover it in warranty!
Why on earth wouldn't they warranty it? I'm sure it will be a bazillion trillion

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Battery is about £499 and charger about £179.

I would be speaking to my local Consumer Rights/Trading Standards department regarding my warranty if I was in your position, assuming you bought the bike from new and have followed the owners manual during use.

It sounds like it could be an internal short in one or more cells, not an impossible situation, perhaps a manufacturing defect or component failure.

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Battery is about £499 and charger about £179.

I would be speaking to my local Consumer Rights/Trading Standards department regarding my warranty if I was in your position, assuming you bought the bike from new and have followed the owners manual during use.

It sounds like it could be an internal short in one or more cells, not an impossible situation, perhaps a manufacturing defect or component failure.
Hi,
I'm waiting on a call today while off work for a price. It is. The store I purchased the bike from. They are saying that the pins have damage due to the short and giant are apparently saying its user error although I'm pretty certain I plugged it in as normal as always, the lead has a guide to ensure it only fits one way.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Hi,
I'm waiting on a call today while off work for a price. It is. The store I purchased the bike from. They are saying that the pins have damage due to the short and giant are apparently saying its user error although I'm pretty certain I plugged it in as normal as always, the lead has a guide to ensure it only fits one way.

Something doesn't seem right? Is it the pins on the battery?

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Something doesn't seem right? Is it the pins on the battery?
One pin on the lead is marked, and slight mark to plastic inside the battery connecter. The battery still holding the charge it had and works on the bike but won't charge and the charger won't work either. They tried it on another trance in store.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
One pin on the lead is marked, and slight mark to plastic inside the battery connecter. The battery still holding the charge it had and works on the bike but won't charge and the charger won't work either. They tried it on another trance in store.
Have you tried charging your battery on a new charger? Maybe just your charger is bad?

Dont let them keep any parts! Even if you do not want to tinker, there are folks on this forum who would likely be able to repair it, or know somebody who can.

If that battery is still working on the bike, then the cells are good. If the cells are good, the battery has value.

If you were local to me... I'd be trying to buy the "shorted" battery from you already. Lol.

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
Hi all,
I bought an extra battery for my Trance e+1 pro earlier this year, It was £650 including the cowl(surround for your bike), took over a month to get it tho!

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Looking forward to getting my trance back tm with a new battery and charger. The analogue Hardtail been fun but emtb all the way.
LBS offering to dispose of the old battery, not sure if I should keep it. Can they be repaired?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Maybe list it in the for sale section and see if anybody locally is interested. Or go to the endless sphere and post it forsale.

Screenshot_20191116-080051_Chrome.jpg

The batteries can be dangerous if tampered with, so there is that to consider as well.

If it's as described earlier... holding a charge but not accepting a charge, I suspect the BMS (battery management system) is toast, but it's very likely the cells are ok. There are plenty of DIY folks out there building their own packs, and I suspect the cells alone are worth ar least $100 but there is always the chance it's all junk.

Peter-see-av

Apr 4, 2018
North West Peak District
I have had a similar issue with my girlfriends 2019 Liv (Giant) Embolden E+1, my advise firstly don’t get rid of the battery, it may be locked which is an F1 Fault code, Giant dealers don’t have the same facilities for testing as Giant UK distributor has in Leicester. If you require any fi=urther information please let me know, I have a detailed report from Giant regarding discharging the battery to return it to a normal state. Regards Pete

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles