2019 specialized turbo levo new motor

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
Hi guys I recently had my motor replaced as it sounded like a swarm of angry bees. I had a 2017 turbo levo which was whisper quiet so my new bike with the noisy motor drove me nuts, however I contacted specialized directly they did not want anything more than an audio clip! The way they gauge if it's too noisy is if you are riding on the bitumen or the asphalt, depends where you live, if you can hear the motor above the tyre noise it's deemed noisy! they said yes that's too noisy and sent my dealer a new motor now it's barely audible I honestly sometimes cannot even tell it is an e-bike unless I'm in a low gear and and climbing other than that I can't hear a thing, anybody else experienced this?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Ross, I had exactly the same experienced and therefore mine was replaced as well.

Happy they solved your issue now too.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
My first motor had a high pitched whine that other riders and walkers could easily hear from 10-15 meters away. After contacting my LBS it was swapped no problem and the noise was greatly reduced, not silent, but I think making it push 120kg uphill is a factor. Only catch was the new motor had a 25kph limit, not the 32kph allowed in New Zealand, but that was fixed with a system update in store.

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
My first motor had a high pitched whine that other riders and walkers could easily hear from 10-15 meters away. After contacting my LBS it was swapped no problem and the noise was greatly reduced, not silent, but I think making it push 120kg uphill is a factor. Only catch was the new motor had a 25kph limit, not the 32kph allowed in New Zealand, but that was fixed with a system update in store.
I'm in Australia mine cuts out at 29 kph only due to the fact that the wheel diameter is set to 2000, not 2350 as per factory setting the extra 4 km an hour makes a huge difference, 2000 mm is within specialized parameters so there are no warranty issues obviously it's done at the dealer with specialized permission, so all good

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles