Levo Gen 2 2019 / 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo info and FAQ

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Never knew there was a 252Wh......
Is that a Specialized battery or a third party fit in the bottle holder battery?
Oops, didn't intend to catch you up in the joke, Kiwi.

That was just part of my wiseguy reply to @RebornRider's question about what's included with a new Levo Expert. @R120 got the satire.

A small, lightweight battery might be nice but you'll have to go aftermarket.

AML

Mar 12, 2019
USA - Virginia

Thank you. My bike lists 6.1.0 so it looks like I am good for now. I found out that my LBS doesn’t have the required equipment to update it if and when it becomes necessary :(

I guess that is what happens when your bike is the first Levo they have ever sold.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Have any of you put a Fidlock bottle on your Levo? I'm wondering if it fits and if it's easy to use while on the move. I have to put too much focus on inserting the bottle back into the Specialized cages on my Levo and Stumpy while pedaling.

Yes, maybe I need lessons in multitasking, but replacing a bottle should be an autopilot move.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
My shop included a 500Wh battery along with the 700Wh battery.

Also got them to include the new lightweight 252Wh battery for no charge.

Had to pay for a water bottle though, so I may switch to another LBS.
Any more details on the lightweight battery please?

PNW Rider

Jul 1, 2019
Pacific Northwest USA
Looking to purchase replacement disc brakepads for my 2019 Levo comp, which has the Sram Guide RE brakes. Amazon list replacements for the Sram Guide R/RS/RSC/Ultimate but it doesn't list the Guide RE.

I assume it's the same pad but does anyone know for sure?

Btw, I live on the west coast of USA.

Thanks

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have the Levo Comp. Could someone tell me what chain I should be looking for as a replacement ( recommended brand/model/size/spec etc) ...also what chain measuring tool do you guys use? Don't think I need a new chain yet but would like to get one in stock ( preferably on a deal!) for when it is needed. Thanks.

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
KMC X11ET, 11-speed for SRAM GX, 11- speed drailleur and cassette SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t.
(2019 Levo Comp FSR)

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
That’s good. I can’t get any discount at all locally (although I am buying via the GCI). I got an offer of nearly £400 off from one place but it was literally the other end of the country!

Mamil

Aug 16, 2019
UK
10% plus a free set of dmr v12s and one free service
Hi

New owner here, expecting delivery late next week of a comp ALI.

I got 10% discount and a 700 battery at shop cost.

I’ve had one on test last week, 25 miles 2700ft climb and I was left with 4 bars. I smashed pretty much all of my Strava times and had to register the bike because I had gained a few crowns which I felt was unfair! I’m a regular 29 Carbon Stumpy rider and really excited and looking forward to pushing myself but with some help on the steep hills here in the SE UK.

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
Have any of you put a Fidlock bottle on your Levo? I'm wondering if it fits and if it's easy to use while on the move. I have to put too much focus on inserting the bottle back into the Specialized cages on my Levo and Stumpy while pedaling.

Yes, maybe I need lessons in multitasking, but replacing a bottle should be an autopilot move.
yes, the large bottle fits with any non piggyback chamber shock, the mini fidlock fits with piggybacks

Ferdie

Nov 1, 2019
Cambridge
When you guys/gals talk about turbo levo's you are nearly always talking about the expensive ones and not the pauper hard tail versions. Is there a thread just for the HT cheapo model as I'm about to pull the trigger on one ?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Thinking of changing cassette on Expert soon , front chainring gone yesterday so cassete wont be long im thinking. is it worth changing drive to shimano to give me better choice. Believe I can only use sram xg at present. Any recommendations welcome may even change to hope hub .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles