Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Must be nice to have a unlimited bank account! I guess I will have to get into the retail bike business!
Must be nice to make baseless claims against someone you don’t know, while hiding behind a forum nickname. Only reason I have what I have is because I worked my fucking ass off for it. The people on this forum that know me in real life, see the day to day struggles in my life. I am still driving the first car I ever owned, that I purchased in 1993. I am always buying, selling and trading parts to keep my bikes running. When I sell a bike, I put all of the original equipment back on and hope I break even. That then goes into the next bike. I have had to sacrifice tens of thousands of dollars in my bike collection to make sure my kids could go to university. I was a diver, a pilot, MX racer and frame builder. The only thing I can still afford to do is ride these bikes.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
100% This bike will look better in the flesh, and after the weekend this thread will be full of its not so bad comment once its fully released.

I actually like it the more i look at it, since its clear the looks are a result of them moving it forward interns of performance, the slacker geo and lower top tube etc. Makes me interested to go try one.

It does make me laugh that so many people clearly bought Levos based on looks, and are opting out as they don't rate this new ones looks.

I bought my Vitus because its one of the best, if not the best E-MTB of its ilk, and the price didn't harm matters either. Its is by no means a stunner of a bike, but i aint exactly looking at when i am riding it am i? If i was buying on looks i would have got a kenevo.

Levorunner

Jun 16, 2018
Canada
Must be nice to make baseless claims against someone you don’t know, while hiding behind a forum nickname. Only reason I have what I have is because I worked my fucking ass off for it. The people on this forum that know me in real life, see the day to day struggles in my life. I am still driving the first car I ever owned, that I purchased in 1993. I am always buying, selling and trading parts to keep my bikes running. When I sell a bike, I put all of the original equipment back on and hope I break even. That then goes into the next bike. I have had to sacrifice tens of thousands of dollars in my bike collection to make sure my kids could go to university. I was a diver, a pilot, MX racer and frame builder. The only thing I can still afford to do is ride these bikes.
Who cares!???

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
It's easy to love something when you're selling it or making money from it. Im entitled to my opinion and Im of the opinion that the bike is ugly and will lose sales when those pre-ordering will set eyes on the thing. Loved the 2018 levo, hate the 2019 version.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Who cares!???
Its totally uneccassary the attitude you have taken with Al - he has given more insight, information and help to Levo owners on this forum than anyone else, even though most of us are in Europe and will never step in his shop.

NONE OF US EXCEPT FOR ABOUT 3 MEMBERS OF THE FORUM HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN A DECENT PICTURE OR THE BIKE IN THE FLESH.

NO ONE HAS RIDDEN IT PROPERLY

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU LOOSE YOUR SH!T OVER SOME CHINESE DUDE RIDING A SEVERAL SIZES TOO SMALL BIKE WITH A NON DRIVESIDE BAD ANGLE PHOTO!

People need to calm down a little bit.

Last edited:

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
It does make me laugh that so many people clearly bought Levos based on looks, and are opting out as they don't rate this new ones looks.

I bought my Vitus because its one of the best, if not the best E-MTB of its ilk, and the price didn't harm matters either. Its is by no means a stunner of a bike, but i aint exactly looking at when i am riding it am i? If i was buying on looks i would have got a kenevo.

Hell yeah, if I don't like the look of a bike and it's gonna make me look like an oap who needs electric help then I ain't buying it.. simples. My grandads scooter has all the bells and whistles and I wouldn't ride that either.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Hell yeah, if I don't like the look of a bike and it's gonna make me look like an oap who needs electric help then I ain't buying it.. simples. My grandads scooter has all the bells and whistles and I wouldn't ride that either.

Then why the hell are you buying an E-MTB for? Not like every single one on the market unless they have a Fazua motor doesn't look like its BB is about to give birth and something crawled up and died in the down tube.

All e-bikes make you look like an OAP who needs help if that the attitude taken by the person looking at you, aint nothing going to change that.

And fyi their are several OAP's on here who need no help and will smoke a lot of youngsters down any trail

Larsey

Feb 4, 2018
MN
I personally like the Tan...looks like a nice bike. Excited to try one with the new motor and geo

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Looks often trump functionality especially for something in the teary eye price category.
No thats's ridiculously cheesy, although probably true. The pivot shuttle looks the part and rides like a dream but only 30 mile range which is stupid. I think the levo will ride better than the old one or why else would they update it. The old one was not really that much of a looker imo so i'm kind of ambivalent on the new one, it looks ok.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
It's easy to love something when you're selling it or making money from it. Im entitled to my opinion and Im of the opinion that the bike is ugly and will lose sales when those pre-ordering will set eyes on the thing. Loved the 2018 levo, hate the 2019 version.
Yes I do sell these bikes and I have chosen not sell bikes that I didn’t believe in before. You are entitled to have what ever opinion you like. You like the 2018 better but have never seen the 2019 bike in person or have even ridden it. I got to do both of those things last weekend.
Is it better than the old one?
Oh fuck yeah.
Does it look as good as the old one? Nope we are in agreement there.
Has it stopped people from preordering it? Not one bit. I sold all of my allocated bikes on Wednesday.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Yes I do sell these bikes and I have chosen not sell bikes that I didn’t believe in before. You are entitled to have what ever opinion you like. You like the 2018 better but have never seen the 2019 bike in person or have even ridden it. I got to do both of those things last weekend.
Is it better than the old one?
Oh fuck yeah.
Does it look as good as the old one? Nope we are in agreement there.
Has it stopped people from preordering it? Not one bit. I sold all of my allocated bikes on Wednesday.
Yeah I guess you're right, need to see it for real, just frustrated it doesn't look as good (in the pics) as I was hoping. I will test ride the thing (in the dark) before making anymore harsh judgements.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
These colors just highlight the contrast between the frame and the motor. I think it might look ok in all black. However the massive increase in price vs 2018 is simply not justified with the mediocre components and lackluster looks. It is like putting the engine of a Ferrari in the body of Walter White's Pontiac Aztec. The good news is that it makes the other EMTBs I'm looking at seem beautiful and affordable.

Last edited:

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Yeah I guess you're right, need to see it for real, just frustrated it doesn't look as good (in the pics) as I was hoping. I will test ride the thing (in the dark) before making anymore harsh judgements.
It was all I was saying

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
These colors just highlight the contrast between the frame and the motor. I think it might look ok in all black. However the massive increase in price vs 2018 is simply not justified with the mediocre components and lackluster looks. The good news is that it makes the other EMTBs I'm looking at seem beautiful and affordable.
I agree, there are plenty of other choices and right now I am really liking the new Bulls.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
These colors just highlight the contrast between the frame and the motor. I think it might look ok in all black. However the massive increase in price vs 2018 is simply not justified with the mediocre components and lackluster looks. It is like putting the engine of a Ferrari in the body of Walter White's Pontiac Aztec. The good news is that it makes the other EMTBs I'm looking at seem beautiful and affordable.
You better call him Heisenberg

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
If beige is the new black this year in the bike industry, yuk. Other than that, I'm not too turned off by the looks.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
If beige is the new black this year in the bike industry, yuk. Other than that, I'm not too turned off by the looks.
I hate the contrasting mint green. If you’re going to do beige, you need to have a darker contrast color and give it a harder name, like desert tactical or something

Reactions: jxj

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Crap picture of an all red one, which looks pretty good.

4D4F6757-B51A-4CD9-B7C6-CCFE89BBF06F.jpeg

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Camo camel?

Not really understanding the comments about it looking like an e-bike either. Surely we're a good few years away from the alternative being a reality. Don't be ashamed of your choices people!

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I'd give the new levo a chance I think the excitement has been muted some what by the 1st picture in my opinion the other pics look great.
Though I'd have to admit I did feel like I'd been kicked in the gonads when I seen that camel colour ?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Who cares pretty much sums it up. What else would you like me to say? Have a nice day!?

You are indeed a real keyboard warrior.

I do think that you should follow your mothers order and go to bed now, it’s way over your bedtime.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles