2019 Specialized Turbo Levo. All the details confirmed S-Works PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatano

Sep 8, 2018
Italy
My dealer, in Italy (and i suppose it's similar in the rest of Europe), already pre-ordered the 2019 Turbo Levo models and will have the bikes available on 18th September, the Specialized e-mountain bikes are an American product (american made or taiwan/asian made?) that sells much more in Europe, so there is some logic, even if it's strange not to be able to have an American product in the USA as soon as possible.

Lxmaso

Sep 2, 2018
Venice
Prices

3C4B84D9-B5B6-4FAC-B879-668FFC9A7ECB.jpeg

Chris hannan

Aug 12, 2018
Chesterfield
I hope the new 2019 turbo Levo fsrcomp has the new motor and battery, 29's and a good fork and rear shock, I hoping that the spec will be the same as 2018 bike but will have to wait and see, I've already got one on order, I did buy a cube 140 TM 500, was a really nice bike but having tried a turbo Levo, even thou the spec on the Levo wasn't as good as the cube, it just felt so much easier and more confident riding the turbo Levo. Didn't like the idea of the small chain sprocket and the motor dragging you at its max speed, everything else like components was all good, fox shocks, mt7 brakes, xt components. Looking forward to finding out about the new turbo Levo comp. any further news or pictures people's?

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Holy crap. So a new expert will run me 9k in the states. Spec are out to lunch with these prices. I'm going to keep my carbon comp until they are sub 40lbs in 2-3 years.

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
I heard rumors that all the 2019 Levo's get the new Brose motor, but only Expert and S-Works will have the 700wh battery. But it will be 600wh in the lower models? Can anyone confirm this?

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
A 2019 Expert now costs about what the 2018 S-Works did and the Carbon Comp cost what the old Expert did. Well I was waiting for the new models to come out. Now I guess I'll buy the 2018 Expert for a big discount.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
IMO these 2019 prices show Specialized actually don't want (or don't feel ready) to be suppliers of ebikes on a truly mainstream* scale. It probably makes more sense to them from a business perspective to price in plenty for the extra support that ebikes need at this stage in their development to make higher margins on a smaller number of sales.

"Down the road" customer service is more valued by the average ebike rider (where there is a lot more to go wrong) than those purchasing an acoustic bike, hence many are prepared to pay for the big badge and the "no questions asked" customer service from the big S. Anyone handy their own set of wrenches and a love of Youtube maintenance vids ;) is probably better with a direct sales brand, though.

* - By "mainstream" I mean true mass market i.e. at a scale similar to their acoustic sales in 3-5 years time.

Last edited:

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Looks like Vitus are going to really well for 2019

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Yes and thinking what they actually cost to produce in such large quantities, there is a hell of a profit margin for SBC and the dealers! :-(
Are you for real?
We make less margin for the electric bikes than the regular ones.

Reactions: Dax

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Looks like Vitus are going to really well for 2019
Hi Dave, Do you know when the Vitus 2019 models are being released?
If the prices stay the same or similar and Chain Reaction can improve the speed of their customer service for ebike warranty-returns they will have a great year and possibly steal a lot of sales off Specialized as the Vitus ebikes have very good specifications.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
If these prices are auuc
Hi Dave, Do you know when the Vitus 2019 models are being released?
If the prices stay the same or similar and Chain Reaction can improve the speed of their customer service for ebike warranty-returns they will have a great year and possibly steal a lot of sales off Specialized as the Vitus ebikes have very good specifications.
Early November for new Vitus range.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Yes and thinking what they actually cost to produce in such large quantities, there is a hell of a profit margin for SBC and dearlers! :-(
Are you for real?
We make less margin for the electric bikes than the regular ones.

I was going to photoshop a bunch of massive gold chains onto a photo of you Al, but then i was lazy :)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
They are expensive, but then again thats nothing new from Specialized, and whether you agree or not they are premium products in the e-bike marketplace - no one is forcing anyone to buy one, and theres plenty of choice out there for those who dont want to spend that kind of money.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
But, but, but... ...I want a champagne bike for lemonade money and I want it NOW!

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
They are expensive, but then again thats nothing new from Specialized, and whether you agree or not they are premium products in the e-bike marketplace - no one is forcing anyone to buy one, and theres plenty of choice out there for those who dont want to spend that kind of money.
Agree to a point. They are definitely trying to position themselves as a premium brand for ebikes, and the high prices are part of that, but look at them overall as a company and they are more Ford or GM (producing bikes at pretty much every price point) than BMW or Mercedes. And whilst Specialized are still considered at or near the top of the road bike world, I'm not sure that's been the case with their acoustic mountain bikes for a fair while now, though the new 2019 Stumpy is being considered a return to form.

Obviously with the Levo and Kenevo you are paying more for the LBS no questions asked support, but they still seem to a chunk more spendy to me even with that factored in. Perhaps they make more per ebike and that's helping them perform better overall? It's not the LBS's making a packet off them, that's for sure...

Last edited:

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
6mo ago an Expert Levo was $7500 now it's $9,300 (with sales tax it's over $10,000) what justifies the price jump? New motor, maybe $100 more max, bigger battery, another $100 max increase? With all the same equipment? They will price themselves out of the US market before they get any traction.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Specialized after sale service is second to none and that alone is worth paying a bit extra, i also accept that price will rise with inflation blah blah but there is a limit, we just bought a 2019 levo hardtail, the cheapest one at a list price of 2400 i think if you compare that to the same priced base vitus sentier the spec levels are world apart, if a relatively small company like vitus can put out a well specced bike at the price point why cant the mighty spesh?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
if a relatively small company like vitus can put out a well specced bike at the price point why cant the mighty spesh?
Because they don't have to. They have a brand image that allows them to charge a premium price for lower spec'd products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles