2019 Specialized Turbo Levo. All the details confirmed S-Works PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee68

Jul 30, 2018
England
Hi all.
Been lurking here for several months waiting for the launch of this bike.
Ive demoed the Levo and the Cannondale Monterra and loved them both but just could not get past the fugliness of the the Cannondale(no offence intended to those that own).
I’m not jumping on the band wagon but in the beige colour it’s just damn ugly,the blue is passable.
We shouldn’t buy on looks but i’m afraid when decisions are close i’m going to buy something that pleases my eye and my wallet.

VaseLEVO

Aug 20, 2018
Arlington, VA, USA
That would be the beige with luminous lime decals.The fact they chose it at all is sort of mind blowing... ;)
:p;) Mind blowing feature is the color? Its almost mind blowing in a negative sense, but I asked for what we can't see and I can see that color just fine! :alien: I know Al won't divulge so care to enlighten us?

Lxmaso

Sep 2, 2018
Venice
Battery and 29"
All the rest is way a step behind. Asymmetrical frame is only about aesthetics, like the Lefty: Physics says it's a no-sense but looks nice, so let's do it....let's sell it.
Weight is like the previous one.
Design is worst...engine area is bigger.
Battery not anymore easy to remove.
Pk we can survive with it and buy it because it will trails anyway fantastic, but I need to keep my eyes closed.
Sky color is beautiful. I'm gonna order this one.

Last edited:

DaiGaled

Jul 9, 2018
Pencoed
Crap picture of an all red one, which looks pretty good.

View attachment 5108
As I said earlier the colour makes a difference. I remember thinking the Haibime was a bit of a pig until I saw one in the flesh. I really didn’t like the ‘camel’ coloured one, the blue and the red look way better. As Al said earlier though the Bulls is catching my eye too.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Battery and 29"
All the rest is way a step behind. Asymmetrical frame is only about aesthetics, like the Lefty: Physics says it's a no-sense but looks nice, so let's do it....let's sell it.
Weight is like the previous one.
Design is worst...engine area is bigger.
Battery not anymore easy to remove.
Pk we can survive with it and buy it because it will trails anyway fantastic, but I need to keep my eyes closed.
Sky color is beautiful. I'm gonna order this one.
The asymmetrical frame is stiffer and lighter than the previous version with a longer and slacker frame. The height was also reduced to fit taller droppers and this also removed some weight made things stiffer here as well. And that’s just me talking about the new Stumpjumper, but it applies to the new Levo. A new s-works is 42lbs out of the box, and that’s with tubes and pedals. The 500wh battery is lighter than the 700wh, so a sub 40lb Levo is theoretically possible. Comp aluminum is as light as the comp Carbon was last year.
I wasn’t stoked on the battery sliding out of the bottom of the frame either, but I don’t take it out that often and the new down tube can be made smaller and lighter than the old C section frame.
I loved the way the new Stumpjumper looked when it was released earlier this year, so for me getting used to this new Levo isn’t as much of a reach as it for some.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
What is the biggest improvement for you? Apart from the colors of course.
Other than th amazing colors, it would be the improved range even on the 500wh battery models. The new motor has more torque and power delivery isn’t as jerky.
But my favorite thing is that there is no longer a proprietary rear shock. I can stick whatever I want on it as long as it’s the correct length and stroke. That and a couple things I can’t comment on yet

DaiGaled

Jul 9, 2018
Pencoed
Which one, I'm quite keen on the Shimano motored 180mm travel Enduro bike.
9FCEC3F1-7966-4426-B0D0-74EFDF01E293.jpeg

This beauty the E-stream evo AM 4

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Sorry man, didn’t mean it to come off the way it did. I think the comp is the way to go, change what you don’t like and pick up the bigger battery later. If I didn’t work where I do no way in hell I could justify spending more on an expert or S-Works.

Lxmaso

Sep 2, 2018
Venice
The asymmetrical frame is stiffer and lighter than the previous version with a longer and slacker frame. The height was also reduced to fit taller droppers and this also removed some weight made things stiffer here as well. And that’s just me talking about the new Stumpjumper, but it applies to the new Levo. A new s-works is 42lbs out of the box, and that’s with tubes and pedals. The 500wh battery is lighter than the 700wh, so a sub 40lb Levo is theoretically possible. Comp aluminum is as light as the comp Carbon was last year.
I wasn’t stoked on the battery sliding out of the bottom of the frame either, but I don’t take it out that often and the new down tube can be made smaller and lighter than the old C section frame.
I loved the way the new Stumpjumper looked when it was released earlier this year, so for me getting used to this new Levo isn’t as much of a reach as it for some.
You have wrong information. My dealer told me 48

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Rang my local dealer today,non in stock and no more stock to be had.
That link I sent is in Chester local to me near Liverpool says in stock on website not sure how far you would travel. I am going there next week I can take a look

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Sorry man, didn’t mean it to come off the way it did. I think the comp is the way to go, change what you don’t like and pick up the bigger battery later. If I didn’t work where I do no way in hell I could justify spending more on an expert or S-Works.
Is that the Comp Carbon? I've test ridden several ebikes and the 2018 Comp Carbon was my top pick but I've been waiting for the 2019 announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles