Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
shimano-e7000-steps-shift-button-left-300mm-black-4524667735434-0-l.jpg

Bike Year: 2019
Manufacturer: Shimano Steps
Model: E7000 SLX power mode shifter
Asking Price: For swap

Description: Bit of a long shot but I have a brand new left hand unit with 400mm cable that I just got from Bike24 in Germany. Now that I have mounted it I realised I didn't think it through sufficiently as a right hand unit would suit me better due to a knackered left wrist. I'm waiting to hear back from them on exchanging it but thought I'd ask if anyone has a right hand unit with 300 or 400mm cable that they want to swap?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Cant you just mount it on the right? actually I guess the angle of the buttons would be a PIA. The RHS one is meant to be a shifter, so I would check with Maidson/Shimano that as long as you plug it into the right port on the head unit that it will work fine.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I used to be really careful to make sure I plugged the shifters back into the exact same port I unplugged them from - but now I don't think it actually matters which port you plug anything into.

But I think @R120 is correct about checking if the right shifter can be used for switching assist mode - I have a feeling it automatically assumes it is for gears.

If you move the left hand shifter to the right side of the bars, you could also turn it upside down which would fix the button angles. But up & down modes would be the wrong way around by default - I'm pretty sure this can be swapped using the PC E-Tube Project (not sure about the mobile app version though …)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I don't think the button angle would be an issue if you run the controller next to the grips on the rhs, so you can get your thumb over it. Worth a try.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
I need to check that it won't clash with the trigger on the RHS before I decide what to do. Bike24 have sent me a returns label so I would only have to pay for postage again for a new unit, not the end of the world

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Thanks. Mounted mine on the RHS last night, ergonomics not a problem like you say. To avoid a clash with the finger shift trigger I have to run it tight against the grip where ideally it would would be a couple of cm away to match where my thumb naturally reaches. Also tend to brush against it when using the thumb shift trigger so not sure what to do yet. Decisions, decisions. I do love geeking out on trivia!

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
View attachment 9263

Bike Year: 2019
Manufacturer: Shimano Steps
Model: E7000 SLX power mode shifter
Asking Price: For swap

Description: Bit of a long shot but I have a brand new left hand unit with 400mm cable that I just got from Bike24 in Germany. Now that I have mounted it I realised I didn't think it through sufficiently as a right hand unit would suit me better due to a knackered left wrist. I'm waiting to hear back from them on exchanging it but thought I'd ask if anyone has a right hand unit with 300 or 400mm cable that they want to swap?
Might be a silly question but does this replace the shifter type changer on the 8000? Easy swap?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles