2019 Levo SWORKS died. Does not turn on

Egregor

Oct 4, 2018
Florida
I have been riding my 2019 Turbo Levo Sworks for about 3 months now, and truly happy with it!..incredible bike, but 2 days ago the motor started to like disengaged on a uphill...i loose the momentum pedaling and almost fell from the bike, started again all fine for a few more mts but then hat happened about 4 times....with the Levo still on (lights and all blue and ok on the top indicator) y opened the power switch where i connect the cable to charge the battery and put back on to see if it had any debris and after that it went off and never turn back on again...

I hooked the charger and the green leds are all on and charged, i used the battery on another Levo and it worked, and put another battery on mine and nothing..dead!.... there was a very small piece of metal rod in one of the little holes in the Rosenberg,i tooked it off , it was there because of the magnets i dont know where it came , but still nothing

What is going on!!?? @Specialized Rider Care help !

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
I just had a similar problem on my MY18, was a broken motor <-> battery cable.

but I’m not sure as you TCU seems to work and I dont know if that’s a sign the motor cable is okay as I dońt have one.
my remote was also dead just as the lights (Supernova connected to the motor).

in my case it was not on a uphill, happened twice while pushing the bike up some stairs using the motor To help. First time it just turned on again after a few tries.
second time it did not come back to life..

Egregor

Oct 4, 2018
Florida
My TCU worked on the ride. Even when motor disingaded. But when i opened the Rosenberg connector under the battery and closed it never light up again and the bike is dead

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So your initial problem was an intermittent loss of power to the motor and having disconnected the battery cable from the motor...then connected it again..you have no connection between the battery and the motor. So I would say your problem lies in that connector. The little piece of metal you found is curious but of course the surfaces are magnetic so will pick up anything metallic. It may have got in there when you had the connector open to charge on one occasion and there may be more debris in there if that is the case. Clean both sides of the connector with air pressure and also contact cleaner then use a bright beam torch to closely inspect both sides....neither contact cleaner or air pressure will remove anything metallic from the contacts area so close inspection is required. You may have had metal filings or similar either on the bike or on the ground and you disturbed them last time you had the connector open.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles