2019-2020 Levo (2020 Kenevo) Speed Unlock Levociraptor

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
hopefully but I fear many will totally abuse and the bikes will be banned or licensed and insured.

That is impossible. I tested and at 22mph you have to pedal at 100rpm, which is as fast as I can pedal. Who would call the police over a bike going just 22mph with the rider pedalling like crazy? The point of de-restricting is not to go super fast - the motor can't even do that. The point is to remove the annoying surging feeling that ruins the riding experience.

Peter Hill

Dec 31, 2018
Derbyshire
That is impossible. I tested and at 22mph you have to pedal at 100rpm, which is as fast as I can pedal. Who would call the police over a bike going just 22mph with the rider pedalling like crazy? The point of de-restricting is not to go super fast - the motor can't even do that. The point is to remove the annoying surging feeling that ruins the riding experience.
Bigger chain wheel helps a bit, to be honest the Brose motor is very smooth anyway, no surges but could do with a bit more assist on the tarmac against a headwind !

Last edited:

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Anyone recieved theirs yet? I am enjoying my 2019 unrestricted at the moment but I might like to update the software to the latest so the power meter works etc and then I would need the Velociraptor.

Webby1805

Feb 9, 2019
Stonehaven
I had my LBS simply change the wheel circumference to 2000 mm instead of the factory setting, my bike now cuts out at 29.9kmh (gps verified) instead of 25.5kmh (gps verified) that extra 4.4 kmh makes ALL the difference, 29.9 is plenty fast for open flowing trails, no devices or software hacks that could potentially void my warranty, it's within specializeds parameters so there are no warranty issues if anything goes wrong, I have ridden a friend's 19 Levo that is derestricted and in eco mode 25/ 20/ 20,(same settings I run) 30 to 31 kmh seems to be the sweet spot at a nice constant Cadence on flowing trails, so I don't see the point, but each to their own, I don't frown upon anyone doing it it's up to them so hopefully it works out well for everyone
Lol mine said he would de restrict mine but once he got it updated it and said he could not do it and I asked him for a price on a second battery which he would give me a good deal,turned out it was the same price as everywhere else(never even mentioned the 700 wth battery)ended up buying a second one here.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
1st batch dispatching from tomorrow.
Worldwide customers. Free shipping.
Almost sold out ?

896AFFAB-496D-4476-BD49-98399F3935CB.jpeg

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I had my LBS simply change the wheel circumference to 2000 mm instead of the factory setting, my bike now cuts out at 29.9kmh (gps verified) instead of 25.5kmh (gps verified) that extra 4.4 kmh makes ALL the difference, 29.9 is plenty fast for open flowing trails, no devices or software hacks that could potentially void my warranty, it's within specializeds parameters so there are no warranty issues if anything goes wrong, I have ridden a friend's 19 Levo that is derestricted and in eco mode 25/ 20/ 20,(same settings I run) 30 to 31 kmh seems to be the sweet spot at a nice constant Cadence on flowing trails, so I don't see the point, but each to their own, I don't frown upon anyone doing it it's up to them so hopefully it works out well for everyone
I have thought about this too, but the problem with that solution is when you will attend a bike race, or someone would like to check your bikes top speed. You can’t revert it yourself but need the dealer to do it.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
So, if I have my dealer update my 2019 bike to the latest firmware, it should work with this? I am starting to get tired of the small issues with the early firmware but I like more than 25km/h speed.

Bjonok

Sep 28, 2019
Norway
This is "Stupid question of the day" from a guy who wants to order a Kenevo Expert 2020 but has never ridden ebikes before.

So...there is a speed restriction when I ride downhill with the bike? Like 25kmh? Does the thing start braking when I hit 25kmh, or is this only that the motor wont propell faster than 25kmh?

Sorry for my daftness...

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
This is "Stupid question of the day" from a guy who wants to order a Kenevo Expert 2020 but has never ridden ebikes before.

So...there is a speed restriction when I ride downhill with the bike? Like 25kmh? Does the thing start braking when I hit 25kmh, or is this only that the motor wont propell faster than 25kmh?

Sorry for my daftness...
It's not braking, the motor is just "releasing" so you can pedal like a normal HEAVY bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles