2019 Levo + Fox X2 Shock. No one seems to know if it fits, but i will...

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
2019 Levo + Fox X2 Shock. No one seems to know if it fits, but i have an X2 @ 210x52.5mm coming in the mail today. I'll keep you posted
EMTB_015-Specialized-Levo-Expert-2019-E-Mountainbike-Test-Review-001.jpg
p4pb12748299.jpg

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Cant see why it wont as its the same size as the standard shock from what i have read

Can i ask why you chose the X2? most reviews Ive read favour the DPX2 over the X2

This will prob be my next upgrade

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
Cant see why it wont as its the same size as the standard shock from what i have read

Can i ask why you chose the X2? most reviews Ive read favour the DPX2 over the X2

This will prob be my next upgrade
the x2 offers the high and low speed compression adjust that i really want in order to take bigger hits and not bottom out while running a non crazy vol spacer amount and less LSC

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Have you checked to make sure you leg/shorts dont catch on the shock? looks like it sticks out quite far!

lookhear

Sep 18, 2018
Cape Town

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
That's what I ended up doing. the first time around I couldn't get it to fit but after another go i got it. thanks guys. Funny how after asking if anyone has put one on we get crickets lol, then once it's on everyone is like "oh yeah here see it fits fine" lol :p

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
Well after a few days with the X2 shock i'm SUPER happy with it. I opened the shock and removed the travel reducer to make it 210x55 and I set the flip chip to high. Let me tell you, anyone that thinks the dpx2 is better on this bike must not have much time tuning a 4 way damper shock like this because once you spend some time tuning it, its un-freaking touchable... it's at 4 volume spacers with a little more HSC and HSR than you would think necessary, but this means you can open up the low speeds to just EAT the small to mid stuff. The bigger hits is where this shines as well, no harsh bottom out no matter what I through at it. The dpx 2 I have tried felt like a cheap shock next to the x2, and i spent hours on it tuning, a big hit will quickly overwhelm even with higher psi, large vol spacer and the compression in most all of the way.

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
Can you explain what this means to a layman.
When you compress and air shock it ramps up in force needed to compress it later in the stroke, when you compress a coil shock the ramp doesn’t exist it’s just a linear increase in pressure which means near the end of the stroke it’s very easy to bottom out. Some frame designs are so progressive and their geometry the coil shock would be hard to bottom out, but a levo is very linear in frame design so bottoming out would be way too easy on a coil shock

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
I tried with the Zocchi CR Bomber first, tried out different spring rates but never was able to get the plushness I wanted without bottom out way to often. Gave up and, bought the X2. No air shock will ever be as plush and sensitive as a coil shock with much less friction. But either the suspension design needs to be progressive enough, or you will have to order a custom progressive spring ?? and be 100% sure that you order correct spring rates.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Great links, thanks

When you compress and air shock it ramps up in force needed to compress it later in the stroke, when you compress a coil shock the ramp doesn’t exist it’s just a linear increase in pressure which means near the end of the stroke it’s very easy to bottom out. Some frame designs are so progressive and their geometry the coil shock would be hard to bottom out, but a levo is very linear in frame design so bottoming out would be way too easy on a coil shock

Perfect explanation, thank you.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would note that a lot of people run a coil on the Levo and like it - IMO its a bike where you can look at running air or coil, and it just comes down to how you want the bike to behave, and personal preference

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
I would note that a lot of people run a coil on the Levo and like it - IMO its a bike where you can look at running air or coil, and it just comes down to how you want the bike to behave, and personal preference
as long as you don't take huge hits like I commonly do then a coil feels sweet!

Bike

Well after a few days with the X2 shock i'm SUPER happy with it. I opened the shock and removed the travel reducer to make it 210x55 and I set the flip chip to high. Let me tell you, anyone that thinks the dpx2 is better on this bike must not have much time tuning a 4 way damper shock like this because once you spend some time tuning it, its un-freaking touchable... it's at 4 volume spacers with a little more HSC and HSR than you would think necessary, but this means you can open up the low speeds to just EAT the small to mid stuff. The bigger hits is where this shines as well, no harsh bottom out no matter what I through at it. The dpx 2 I have tried felt like a cheap shock next to the x2, and i spent hours on it tuning, a big hit will quickly overwhelm even with higher psi, large vol spacer and the compression in most all of the way.
you prefer an x2 to a rs oil rockshox? ty

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles