2019 levo fault lights at switch on

sailor_74

Dec 2, 2019
Kent
Hi i've had a single blue light and beep on my levo which then turns immediately off so no possibility of connecting mission control in an attempt do diagnose, Is this the fault what your describing ? and did you find any fix ?

My only fix after 3 days of trying absolutely all sorts was to have bike on stand and spin rear wheel whilst turning on so i assume it is a fault code related to wheel speed sensor
well hope this helps for you if applicable or anyone who searches this fault description

Well this fix was short lived exactly one week later after a similar ride same scenario happened again and is now permanent. its now in with a specialized dealer/retailer who so far haven't been able to connect a scan tool to it and apparently under specialized advice will be replacing the power lead from battery to motor

New lead from battery to motor fitted under warranty by the amazing Don Skene Cycles Cardiff and yesterday its been through a tuff 28.5 miles ride of rain, mud and more rain followed by a good bucket and sponge wash and all is good.

Can anyone expand on this issue please? My 19' LEVO has this exact issue; turn the bike on.... the bottom blue light flashes once and then beeps as the TCU turns off :(

Any fixes? or is it another bloody trip to the dealer...... :(:(
Cheers
[/QUOTE]
Check your power cable at the 90 degree end where it plugs into the motor, see pics in earlier post . It’s likely split allowing moisture in. If it’s split it will be obvious. If not it may be the TCU is damp

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Can anyone expand on this issue please? My 19' LEVO has this exact issue; turn the bike on.... the bottom blue light flashes once and then beeps as the TCU turns off :(

Any fixes? or is it another bloody trip to the dealer...... :(:(
Cheers
Check your power cable at the 90 degree end where it plugs into the motor, see pics in earlier post . It’s likely split allowing moisture in. If it’s split it will be obvious. If not it may be the TCU is damp[/QUOTE]

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Spesh are calling the new recently revised cable the Ver3 Harness. I have had no problems with my bike but I have ordered the new cable so I can change it out before it fails. Spesh have added instructions for how to route the cable in their service manual.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If indeed you find your existing cable is cracked it should be easy enough to fix whilst you wait for a replacement. You need to dry it out and repair with amalgamating tape.

henrydp

Jun 19, 2021
Cairns
new power cable seems to have resolved my issues. probably the first thing worth checking for anyone having problems turning their bike on, especially following washing it.
How's the bike running now? Did the cable replacement fix it?
I have had this same issue twice (about 4 months apart) and neither time the bike was wet and both times it just fixed itself many hours later. The last time the bike was put away fully functional on a Friday arvo after a ride and then Sunday morning wouldn't switch on. Tried a few times and eventually just got the beep with no lights. By the time I took it into the shop Monday morning it was working fine. Both times they could not find a fault code. The first time they said with was a 'motor torque sensor error' but would not replace the motor because it was now working. The second time they said there is no official fault code with 1 blue light and a beep and it's not not motor torque sensor so they really don't know. When they connected their diagnostics the second time the bike didn't register. They stripped and cleaned all the connections and then it was all good and didn't give any fault codes. All a bit of a mystery. The have logged it with Specialized but no response yet. Clearly this is happening a fair bit so there must be a common reason?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles