2019 Levo expert motor makes clicking noise

Mhugdoc

Jul 26, 2018
Arkansas
Recently the mag s motor clicks while peddling. Doesn’t affect power I don’t believe. Any thoughts?

NathanNZ

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I spent a while trying to figure out what my clicking noise was. Turned out it was the rear shock knocking on the top of my water bottle.

Mhugdoc

Jul 26, 2018
Arkansas
If I turn the motor off and pedal the clicking stops.
It’s definitely related to the motor.

Loving Levo

May 7, 2019
Bellevue, WA
Probably not related, but just in case...

A month ago my Levo motor started making a new noise. It too only happened while assist was on; it went away whenever assist wasn't working. It wasn't terribly loud, but it sounded kind of like a playing card in the spokes. Kind of a rapidly-repeated click; it wasn't a very sharp sound, but easy to hear and there seemed to be a slight grinding feel through the pedals to accompany it. The sound speed changed as my pedaling changed.

I got a new motor, and it's gone. After looking at the forums, I'm still not sure what it was, but my best guess was that a plastic clutch housing broke, and was rubbing against some internal metal bit.

dar23

May 27, 2019
Lincoln
Probably not related, but just in case...

A month ago my Levo motor started making a new noise. It too only happened while assist was on; it went away whenever assist wasn't working. It wasn't terribly loud, but it sounded kind of like a playing card in the spokes. Kind of a rapidly-repeated click; it wasn't a very sharp sound, but easy to hear and there seemed to be a slight grinding feel through the pedals to accompany it. The sound speed changed as my pedaling changed.

I got a new motor, and it's gone. After looking at the forums, I'm still not sure what it was, but my best guess was that a plastic clutch housing broke, and was rubbing against some internal metal bit.
Was the motor changed under warranty?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles