2019 levo dropper question

mintakax

Jan 19, 2019
boulder, CO
I tried to lower my seat post a bit today on my 2019 Levo Comp (M) and realized that its very close to being bottomed out. After re-tightening the clamp I noticed that the dropper would not stay up. It appears to be an X-fusion manic. Being absolutely ignorant of the actual mechanics of the dropper mechanism, I loosened the ring that appears to hold in the cartridge, moved the unit up and down a bit, retightened everything (did not measure torque) and now the dropper seems to be functioning just fine. I'm wondering what went wrong in the first place to cause it to be permanently released ? A cable kink .... something stuck in the release mechanism at the cartridge ? The remote was functioning fine. Anything else I should be concerned with ?

Stephen

Jan 10, 2019
Mallorca , Spain
I tried to lower my seat post a bit today on my 2019 Levo Comp (M) and realized that its very close to being bottomed out. After re-tightening the clamp I noticed that the dropper would not stay up. It appears to be an X-fusion manic. Being absolutely ignorant of the actual mechanics of the dropper mechanism, I loosened the ring that appears to hold in the cartridge, moved the unit up and down a bit, retightened everything (did not measure torque) and now the dropper seems to be functioning just fine. I'm wondering what went wrong in the first place to cause it to be permanently released ? A cable kink .... something stuck in the release mechanism at the cartridge ? The remote was functioning fine. Anything else I should be concerned with ?
It is quite possible that the screw on the clamp was too tight . I really would recommend using a torque wrench when working on your Levo . I have just installed the four screw motor covers on my Levo . Without a torque wrench it would have been very unlikely to get all the screws set to the Specialized specifications . More or less torque settings is ok , however exact settings is much better , in my opinion :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles